Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type -
Cleanse

Dark Eldar Wych Cult - (6 points)

Headquarters – 188 points
Wych Archite:
Mask of the damned; Power Weapon; Jet Bike; Combat Drugs; Plasma Grenades; Shadow Field; Tormentor Helm; Splinter Pistol

Elites – 300 points
Warriors squad – Ten (10) men
Eight (8) armed with Splinter Rifles
Two (2) armed with Dark Lances

Troops – 800 points
Wyches Squad – Eight (8) men
Seven armed with Wych Weapons; Splinter Pistol and CCW
Succubus: Agonisor and Splinter Pistol; Goblet of Spite
Raider: Dark Lance; Horrorfex.

Succubus: Agonisor and Splinter Pistol

Heavy Support – 345 points
Ravager:
Three (3) Dark Lances

Ravager:
Three (3) Disintegrators

Ravager:
Three (3) Disintegrators

Special – 213 points
Warp beast pack – Six (6) models
Beast master: Agonizer and Splinter Pistol
Five (5) Warp Beasts

Warp beast pack – Six (6) models
Five (5) Warp Beasts

Warp beast pack – Five (5) models
Four (4) Warp Beasts

Strategy:
(PLEASE READ) Ok since not too many people are familiar with DE, especially the updated codex rules I’ll give a quick run down of some of the wargear and just what this army can do. The updates are posted http://uk.games-workshop.com/darkeld...dex-update.pdf]HERE[/url].

Lets start with the lord. This is a Wych Lord and can therefore take wyches as troops, make warp beast packs not count towards the force organization chart, also removing the 0-1 limit, and warriors count as elites. The Mask of the Damned forces any unit wishing to assault him to take a leadership test, if failed, they may not assault him. After his wargear upgrades he has a 12inch move, S4, T4, I8, WS6, 2+ invulnerable, 4+ wych dodge if the 2+ fails, and 6 power weapon attacks on the charge. This is of course without any benefits he may be gaining from combat drugs. Unlike normal drugs, I get to roll many dice for upgrades if I choose. Plus he’s an IC, so he cannot be targeted.

The 3 warrior squads are standard, but sporting 6 dark lances between them, they pack a punch.

The wych squads are amazing in close combat. The Succubi have agonisers for some quick power weapon kills. Wych weapons do 2 things. Any models in an assault with the wyches lose bonus attacks for having 2 cc weapons. This can effectively halve a squads attacks that are being charged by the wyches. On top of that, any models with a base strength of less than 6 must halve their weapon skill! And lets not forget that wyches will hit 1st against most opponents, and don’t forget combat drugs! The raiders have horrorfexes which basically allow them to pin squads they shoot at with it. One squad has a goblet of spite. This nifty piece of wargear allows every model in the squad to hit on a 3+ regardless of all other factors!

The Ravagers will lay down some heavy fire. 3 dark lances and 6 space marine killing disintegrators pack quite a punch.

The warp beasts are vulnerable to shooting, but hey, there’s 3 of them. Plus there are more pressing targets for the enemy to deal with. They move as cavalry and pack a huge punch in cc.

A few more notes: This army has 13 dark lances! This is more than enough to down any amount of tanks. Plus it has an insane amount of mobility and cc prowess. With all this speed and firepower, plenty will get into cc, where the DE will enviably come out on top.

-----------------------------------------

Strike force Igor - (6 points)
Deathwing Dark Angels

Headquarters – 780 points
Codicier Librarian: (Joins Terminator Command Squad)
Terminator Armour; Combi-Meltagun; Fear of the Darkness

Terminator Command Squad – Four (4) men
One (1) armed with Chain fist and Storm Bolter
Two (2) armed with Assault Cannon and Powerfist
Sergeant: Power Sword and Storm Bolter
Drop Pod

Codicier Librarian: (Joins Terminator Command Squad)
Terminator Armour; Combi-Meltagun; Fear of the Darkness

Terminator Command Squad – Four (4) men
One (1) armed with Chain fist and Storm Bolter
Two (2) armed with Assault Cannon and Powerfist
Drop Pod

Elites – 150 points
Dreadnought:
Assault Cannon; Heavy Flamer; Extra Armour, Drop Pod

Troops – 900 points
Terminator Squad – Five (5) men
One (1) armed with Chain Fist and Storm Bolter
One (1) armed with Power Fist and Storm Bolter
Two (2) armed with Assault cannon and Powerfist
Drop Pod

Drop Pod

Drop Pod

Notes:
All stubborn (fearless, but still takes pinning checks)
Fear of the Darkness nasty against low leadership
Entire army deep strikes
Drop Pods can’t be destroyed by scattering
11 Assault cannons

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
13 dark lances = dead termies. A squad and a half should fall every turn from this alone. The mission is CLEANSE so the drop pods wont be clustered together. This means that isolated termie squads can be picked off by shooting and mopped up in cc. The wyches will hit 1st, negate a bunch of termie attacks and foce some armour saves. The Succubi will acount for a few termies themselves. The supreme mobility and cc supremecy of the DE will win out. Where ever the termies land, they will recieve a volley of shots and be assaulted. The warp beast packs move as cavalry so can move around very quickly. Nothing the DW army has can take out the Archite, and it cant be tageted normally by the assault cannons since he's an IC.

The tranports will start in cover and will drop off their cargo within one turn. Leaving little to no time for the assault cannons to get a shot off. After the wyches have been transported they have served their purpose.

Oh yea, and wyches all recieve 4+ Invulnerable saves in combat. So much for power weapons.

I vote for DE.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Dark Angels

Assault Cannon+ Drop Pods= Dead DE. Assault Cannon can easily rip raiders from the sky. If the Wyches deploy on foot assault cannon and storm bolters will mince them to a kind of gooey paste.

If the Warp Beasts want to charge Termies fine, but I doubt they'll last long.

FotD will probably send bothe DE footslogger squads running for thier feeble lives.

At the end of the day DE depend on using cover to surprise jump an enemy v's a drop pod army that wont work and DW should have no problems if the Wyches are out of transports, pod to 24" away and shoot em.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Termies will kill the raiders when they arrive. After that the DE will be mowed dwon with shooting. If the DE are all dead it doesn't matter how many table quarters the termiess have

Deathwing

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Dark Angels

The DE are too brittle to be facing 11 assault cannons. the Raiders get put down, then the wyches are on the wrong side of a Turkey shoot...

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
A few more notes: This army has 13 dark lances! This is more than enough to down any amount of tanks. Plus it has an insane amount of mobility and cc prowess. With all this speed and firepower, plenty will get into cc, where the DE will enviably come out on top.
Unfortunately for the DE, the deathwing list is deep-striking, so all they have to do is blow some stuff up when they land and the DE will have serious difficulty getting into combat. Dark Lances don't do much if there's nothing to shoot.

Plus there's 44 rending assautl cannon shots, and they are very effecient at killing DE.

·
1,249 Posts
Odds are 3 units will arive 2nd turn for the DA. That's a maximum of 3 raiders down (more likely 2 (skimmers move fast)). The other skimmer, warp beasts, and ravagers are more than enough to make sure these termies never shoot again. 2 more units arive on the next turn, but find themselves with few targets so end up killing 2 ravagers. The DE fire power will still be enough to remove these from the board.

Victory Dark Eldar

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
ShadowcatX said:
Odds are 3 units will arive 2nd turn for the DA. That's a maximum of 3 raiders down (more likely 2 (skimmers move fast)).
Raiders may move fast, they also have no armour and are glanced on a 4+ with a 4+ to destroy with 8 Shots pumping out from those Assault Cannon, thier going down skimmers or not.

You voting then Ezekiel?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Silver Wings said:
Raiders may move fast, they also have no armour and are glanced on a 4+ with a 4+ to destroy with 8 Shots pumping out from those Assault Cannon, thier going down skimmers or not.
I grant this to be basicly correct, however: There are only 5 squads in the whole dark angle army! So if they take down 3 on the second turn then there is nothing left to shoot the wyches that where on them. Those three squads are then shot up to deplete numbers then charged with a superior assault force.

On the next turn they can kill 2 more vehicles, but in this time the 3 dismounted will be unentangled and can still assault marines with a 15.5 inch average range. This ought to get them into combat with slow (once dropped) marines who are too busy shooting at transports to deal with this threat.

The marines, while they have the firepower to kill just about anything they shoot at, don't have enough squads to shoot, on any given turn, to take out what they need to avoid death in close combat, and heavy casulties from dark lances and other shooting on the way in.

I vote Dark Eldar

·
Registered
656 Posts
i vote DE

-they can beat the termies in CC, they out number them, and they can out-range them with guns, as the termies arrive erratically. those ravagers outrange assault cannons, and can fire 3 AP2 blasts, deadly to deep strikers.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Librarian Augustine said:
Termies will kill the raiders when they arrive. After that the DE will be mowed dwon with shooting. If the DE are all dead it doesn't matter how many table quarters the termiess have
How? They'll get into combat in one turn. You don't even know how many termies will arive at once.

Robizzle said:
The DE are too brittle to be facing 11 assault cannons. the Raiders get put down, then the wyches are on the wrong side of a Turkey shoot...
Again, how will this happen? They wont all be coming down at once. The DE will get into combat in one turn. Yes a drop pod may land behind a raider that was in cover, shoot and destroy it. But that won't kill all the wyches in it. They can still fleet of foot.

Most wyches will get into combat. Where they will win. The Dark lances will chew the termies up, making it easy for even a depleted wych squad to finish them off.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
numberofthebeastxxx said:
How? They'll get into combat in one turn. You don't even know how many termies will arive at once.

Again, how will this happen? They wont all be coming down at once. The DE will get into combat in one turn. Yes a drop pod may land behind a raider that was in cover, shoot and destroy it. But that won't kill all the wyches in it. They can still fleet of foot.

Most wyches will get into combat. Where they will win. The Dark lances will chew the termies up, making it easy for even a depleted wych squad to finish them off.
At least 3 assault squads will come down on turn 2. Here's what will happen:

If a raider moved in the previous turn, it will get shot down (only need 2 glancing hits for a guranteed destroyed skimmer) and the guys inside will get pinned because it moved (I'm not sure if they'll suffer casualties).

If a raider didn't move in the previous turn, it will suffer some serious penetrating hits and the passengers will probably suffer a lot of casualties, as they have poor armour saves.

One raider will be left alive. And I don't think a raider is going to kill all those termies.

As for the ravagers and disentigrators, well drop pods block LOS so they'll be forced to move to shoot (or otherwise waste their points on a 30 point immobile vehicle).

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The problem with the above is that the raiders will be in cover. Because of this the only way they will be shot is if the pods come down behind the cover, in the DE deployment zone. If they do this, there isn't much room for them. They will be within range of the wyches even if they have to foot slog. Yes if raiders are shot down they will be entangled, but the remaining wych squads will charge them, wiping them out. Another tactic would be for the raiders to fly max range all around the board. Giving the termie squads only one target to shoot at. The other raiders could then shoot/charge them. It's absurd to think the raider squads wont move, there will be no penetrating hits. The point is, the wyches will be able to reach the termies one way or the other.

Another tactic would be to position entire army in a single table quarter, the raiders all behind cover. Spacing out the warp beasts and what not can prevent the termies from deep striking behind the raiders to shoot them. If the termies arent able to shoot the raiders as soon as they come down, they're doomed. If this tactic is used, the game is as good as over.

EDIT: Oh, and apparently there was some confusion as to what I meant by "in cover" or "hugging cover" I mean the raiders can be behind a forest, level 3 hill/rock, building, etc. If a raider is behind any of these it CANNOT be shot at. This is important for the above tactic.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I think given that the terminators will be arriving semi-randomly, the DE will be in a position to easily shoot the crud out of and charge the terminators.

Even if they destroy the raiders , they will still be devastated by the ravagers and close combats that the DE will easily win (beating WS2 terminators with 2 attacks each, shouldn't be hard for combatants with a 4+ inv save).

I vote Dark Eldar

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
EDIT: Oh, and apparently there was some confusion as to what I meant by "in cover" or "hugging cover" I mean the raiders can be behind a forest, level 3 hill/rock, building, etc. If a raider is behind any of these it CANNOT be shot at. This is important for the above tactic.
Umm, the termies can come in pretty much wherever they want, so hiding behind a forest wouldn't help you int he slightest bit, because the termies could just come in on that side!

·
1,249 Posts
Ezekiel1990 said:
Umm, the termies can come in pretty much wherever they want, so hiding behind a forest wouldn't help you int he slightest bit, because the termies could just come in on that side!
Not if there's not room.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
ShadowcatX said:
Not if there's not room.
That's what I was trying to say. Check out the last tactic I posted Ezekiel. If the DE army is positioned properly the termies wont get a shot off. Making their much feared assault cannons quite usless.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
That's what I was trying to say. Check out the last tactic I posted Ezekiel. If the DE army is positioned properly the termies wont get a shot off. Making their much feared assault cannons quite usless.
Erm, remembering that Drop Pods can basically land on enemy units and terrain, it's near impossible to stop them from landing...

Deathwing

Effectively shooting range of 30" means I forsee lot's of half-complete scruffy wyche squads running around the board (we've all see what happens when a wyche Raider crashes and it ain't pretty).

The clever DA player will know where to land to position his termies to fire at the Wyche Raiders and Ravagers (the sniper squads will be largely ignorable), and when they land they'd be able to knock down those Raiders even if they didn't have those Assault Cannon.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hmmm... I think ppl overestimate assault cannons. I played my friend the other day, and he fielded 6 assault cannons. He didn't get one rending hit till the end of turn 2. We don't even know when the drop pods will come down. A single pod might come down a turn. Where ever they come down the termies will be shot and then assaulted. The superior mobility, firepower, 4+ invulnerable save, and cc ability of the DE will win the day.

1 vote for DE.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.