Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Seek and Destroy

180th Karallis Prime Praetors (Armored Company) - (4 points)

Doctrines
-Restricted Units: Leman Russ Vanquisher
-Restricted Units: Leman Russ Exterminator
-Skills & Drills: Ace Gunners
-Skills & Drills: Anti-Tank Rounds
-Special Equipment: Machine God's Blessing

Headquarters – 303 points
Leman Russ Exterminator Command Tank
Turret mounted twin-linked autocannon; Hull mounted Heavy Bolters; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Pintle Heavy Stubber; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Ace Gunners; Machine God’s Blessing, Improved Comms

Elites – 530 points
Tank Ace in Leman Russ Vanquisher
Turret mounted Vanquisher Cannon, Hull mounted Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Ace Gunners; Machine God’s Blessing

Storm Troopers – Ten (10) men
Seven (7) armed with Hellguns
Two (2) armed with Grenade Launchers
Sergeant: Hell Pistol and CCW
Chimera: Turret mounted Multi-laser; Hull mounted Heavy Bolter; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers

Troops – 618 points
Leman Russ Battle Tank
Turret mounted Battle Cannon; Hull mounted Heavy Bolter; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Anti-tank Rounds; Machine Gods Blessing

Leman Russ Battle Tank
Turret mounted Battle Cannon; Hull mounted Heavy Bolter; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Anti-tank Rounds; Machine Gods Blessing

Leman Russ Battle Tank

Fast Attack – 168 points
Sentinel
Lascannon; Searchlight

Sentinel
Lascannon; Searchlight

Sentinel
Lascannon; Searchlight

Heavy Support – 231 points
Leman Russ Demolisher
Turret mounted Demolisher Cannon; Hull mounted Lascannon; Plasma Cannon Sponsons; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Ace Gunners; Machine God’s Blessing.

General Tactics:
The general idea is to advance on the objectives and blast any and all scoring units until they can't claim any VPs. The Leman Russ Battle Tanks (LRBT), Vanquisher, and Sentinels go tank-busting, while the Storm Troopers and Exterminator hose down infantry (preferably light and medium infantry). The battle cannons on the LRBTs will also fare well against heavy infantry, supported in that role by the Demolisher. With all the sponson weapons, the list should fare well against hordes as well, even without the battle cannons. The searchlights should ensure I maintain fire superiority in night fight scenarios.

Wargear/Doctrine Notes: Ace Gunners: Functions like Sharpshooters, but also allows the player to re-roll the scatter die for ordnance but not the distance die.

Machine God's Blessing: Negates the effect of lance weapons.

Anti-Tank Rounds: Gives a Leman Russ Battle Tank a non-ordnance shot that hits with normal BS and rolls 2d6 + Strength for armor penetration.

----------------------------------------

Deathwing “Mech” List - (2 points)
Dark Angels Deathwing

Headquarters – 601 points
Chapter Master:
Stubborn; Terminator Armour; Sword of Secrets; Thunder Hammer; Furious Charge

Reclusiarch Chaplain: (Joins with Terminator Command Squad)
Twin-lightning Claws; Terminator Armour; Furious Charge

Deathwing Terminator Command – Five (5) men
Entire unit has Furious Charge
Two (2) armed with Storm Bolter and Power Fist
Two (2) armed with Assault Cannons and Power Fist
Sergeant: Storm Bolter and Power Weapon

Troops – 480 points
Deathwing Assault squad – Five (5) men
Four (4) armed with Lightning Claws
Sergeant: Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

Deathwing Assault squad – Five (5) men
Four (4) armed with Lightning Claws
Sergeant: Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

Heavy Support – 769 points
Land Raider:
Twin Linked Heavy Bolter; Twin Linked Lascannon Sponsons; Power of the Machine Spirit

Land Raider:
Twin Linked Heavy Bolter; Twin Linked Lascannon Sponsons; Power of the Machine Spirit

Land Raider Crusader:
Twin-linked Assault Cannon; Multi-Melta; Hurricane Bolter Sponsons; Smoke Launchers; Searchlight, Extra Armour

Tactics:
Land Raiders move up 6” and fire their payload, the Crusader moves straight forward as far as possible and fires smoke launchers. Next turn, the big command squad dumps its payload of massive slaughter and ties up as many units as possible. Next turn, the other Land Raiders move up and add in their attacks. Not much can stand up to 32 S5 power weapon attacks that re-roll to wound. The thunderhammers are a just-in-case measure. With all the furious-charge powerfists, multi-melta and assault cannons, enemy vehicles shouldn’t be a problem. And since these guys will be outnumbered, they’ll have to concentrate their attacks and move on. The Land Raiders also make good LOS blockers.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Armoured Company

5 72" or 96" range Multimeltas is harsh on LR/LRC's. The remaining Termies will be gunned down as they pointlessly advance on foot.

Ban AC.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Yes, I agree. We should ban AC from army lists, because to beat one you need an abismal ammount of assault cannons and meltaweapons (ravenwing, perhaps...).

The deathwing have almost no way of surviving the long-ranged firepower of the AC. The vehicles will explode and the sloggers will get demolished.

Armoured company

·
Festo Diata
962 Posts
Why do Armoured Company always win!? I would be fine with including them in this, if they lost! once in a while!!

If there were more Assault Cannons, the Dark Angels would have it. Unfortunately there are not. Lightning Claws? Yeah, the Land Raiders will die right away, and eventually the Terminators will go down in flames, but it's going to take all game. What a stupid match! :D

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TwoHats said:
Why do Armoured Company always win!? I would be fine with including them in this, if they lost! once in a while!!
So far, both AC lists are at 2 wins out of 3 games.

But don't worry guys, AC won't be appearing in the next VoteWar.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
40K is at is essence still a squad/platoon level game and the rules reflect this.

Tanks are simultaneously too weak and too powerful depending upon circumstances in the system.

However, what this specifically means should be addressed in another thread.

AC for the mission because of all the pie plate death on one side versus not quite enough anti-tank fire.

You know this AC list would lose going up against a decent Necron list. Spending the points to give everyone Machine Gods blessing adds up.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,413 Posts
Armoured Company

The amount of firepower eminating from the Anti-tank rounds and such will put the land raiders down before you can say, "Oh my gawd, an anti-tank shell!"
Then you'll get the rest of the terminators trudging up the field while getting shot by everything.

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ezekiel1990 said:
Yeah, but they've both gone against this DW list...
Silver Wings said:
Only because the 2 AC's got drawn against each other. 1 Had to lose that way.
Well, I suppose I could have put them both up against lists that I know would have beaten them, but that'd have been abusing my powers, no? All battles are randomly decided - I don't just pick them willy nilly. My apologies to the Deathwing list creator, but I can't play favourites.

If people want to continue to discuss the Armoured Company and their existence in VoteWar, do so in the info thread. That's what it is there for. This thread is about discussing the Dark Angels versus Armoured Company battle and suggesstions about how to improve either of the lists.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Sorry Caluin, mesage recieved and understood.

I thought AC would be OK as I usualy have few problems with them. Obviously most people dont play them that often/prepare for them that well.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yup pretty much what the others said, landraiders will be lucky to live through the first round of firing, after that 2 assault cannons and 3 thunderhammers are not going to kill tanks as fast as the tanks are going to kill terminators.

AC win

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Silver Wings said:
Only because the 2 AC's got drawn against each other. 1 Had to lose that way.
One's in a VERY close battle right now, so it could lose too...

·
The deep down truth
5,707 Posts
JORMAGI said:
Yup pretty much what the others said, landraiders will be lucky to live through the first round of firing, after that 2 assault cannons and 3 thunderhammers are not going to kill tanks as fast as the tanks are going to kill terminators.

AC win
One thing I have learned using an AC army myself, is most Marines are so bad against AC lsits its painfull to watch, when you think that the Empys finest cannot even beat the inferior Imperial Guard tank company it does not really fit fluff wise does it? Marines and battle cannons just dont mix well..
Anyway the Raiders will be lucky to last two turns and as soon as a penetrating hit gets throught teh passengers are disembarking and will probaly be entangled, cue next turn and pie plate of doom is dropped on thier heads.
After the Raiders have gone the poor Marines are walking up the field taking ordnance rounds on the head, and this list does not have the numbers or mobility to outlast it.
All those power weapon attacks count for squat against armour and the ThunderHammers just will not be able to dish out enough to make any difference(if they get to the tanks anyway), remember the Tanks can move and still fire now so they can get out of the way of the slow terminators.
Bad mismatch really, hate to say it but 'AC victory'

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Armoured Company

The Anti-tank rounds (basically the Russes double up as Vanquishers) will quickly knock out those Landraiders from outside their range. The termies advance up the table will basically be a slow walk towards that demolisher pie plate. I just don't see them having enough anti-tank shooting to hurt the AC on the way in.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hmmm... Even tho some ppl are disgruntled over it. It's clear the AC will win this battle. The AC's tanks will pop the landraiders and obliterate the termies. The DW list does not have enough anti tank power to carry the day.

1 vote for AC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.