Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Recon

Tau - (4 points)

Headquarters - 216 points
Shas'O:
Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Multi Tracker

Shas'O:
Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Multi Tracker

Elites - 338 points
XV8 team leader:
Twin linked Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Hard-wired Multitracker

XV8 team leader:
Twin linked Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Hard-wired Multitracker

Stealth Team Squad – Six (6) men
Six (6) armed with Burst Cannons

Troops - 608 points
Fire Warriors Team – Twelve (12) men
Eleven (11) armed with Pulse Rifles
Shas'Ui: Pulse Rifle

Devilfish: Decoy Launchers; Burst Cannon

Kroot Carnivore Squad – Nineteen (19) men
Nineteen (19) armed with Kroot Rifles

Fast Attack – 192 points
Gun Drone Squadron - Eight (8) men
Eight (8) armed with Twin-linked Pulse Carbines

Gun Drone Squadron - Eight (8) men
Eight (8) armed with Twin-linked Pulse Carbines

Heavy Support - 495
Hammerhead:
Railgun, Two (2) Burst Cannons, Multi-Tracker, Decoy launchers

Hammerhead:

Hammerhead:

Tactics:
The non Devilfish equiped Firewarriors and the kroot are used as a firebase with the Devilfish & Firewarriors being used as a mobile reserve to either support the FW with firepower or to tank shock any units getting close, the DF can also be used to FOF or to take objectives.
The 2 Shas'O use the drone squads as protection using the full encirclement tactic, this allows them to hunt down armour and tough units while being reasonably safe from retaliation.
The other two XV8's hunt armour and all 4 XV8's help to distract fire as they cannot be ignored, being lone suits they help to dilute firepower as well.
The Stealths are a distraction and harrasment unit working on the flanks and are primarily infantry and HQ hunter.
The Hammerhaeds are primarily infantry hunters but can be used for armour.
The list works because it splits fire and is also hard to combat tactically having both mobile and strong static elements, it works well in escalation and also is strong at take and hold and both defensive and offensive tactical variations.

----------------------------------------

Deathwing “Mech” List - (2 points)
Dark Angels Deathwing

Headquarters – 601 points
Chapter Master:
Stubborn; Terminator Armour; Sword of Secrets; Thunder Hammer; Furious Charge

Reclusiarch Chaplain: (Joins with Terminator Command Squad)
Twin-lightning Claws; Terminator Armour; Furious Charge

Deathwing Terminator Command – Five (5) men
Entire unit has Furious Charge
Two (2) armed with Storm Bolter and Power Fist
Two (2) armed with Assault Cannons and Power Fist
Sergeant: Storm Bolter and Power Weapon

Troops – 480 points
Deathwing Assault squad – Five (5) men
Four (4) armed with Lightning Claws
Sergeant: Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

Deathwing Assault squad – Five (5) men
Four (4) armed with Lightning Claws
Sergeant: Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

Heavy Support – 769 points
Land Raider:
Twin Linked Heavy Bolter; Twin Linked Lascannon Sponsons; Power of the Machine Spirit

Land Raider:
Twin Linked Heavy Bolter; Twin Linked Lascannon Sponsons; Power of the Machine Spirit

Land Raider Crusader:
Twin-linked Assault Cannon; Multi-Melta; Hurricane Bolter Sponsons; Smoke Launchers; Searchlight, Extra Armour

Tactics:
Land Raiders move up 6” and fire their payload, the Crusader moves straight forward as far as possible and fires smoke launchers. Next turn, the big command squad dumps its payload of massive slaughter and ties up as many units as possible. Next turn, the other Land Raiders move up and add in their attacks. Not much can stand up to 32 S5 power weapon attacks that re-roll to wound. The thunderhammers are a just-in-case measure. With all the furious-charge powerfists, multi-melta and assault cannons, enemy vehicles shouldn’t be a problem. And since these guys will be outnumbered, they’ll have to concentrate their attacks and move on. The Land Raiders also make good LOS blockers.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I vote Tau

The Rail guns and fusion blasters will make short work of the land raiders and after that, the Tau will have no trouble picking off the 17 enemy units

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
It's not hard to fail 17 2+ armour saves if you're hit about 100 times.

Railguns = LR death.

Even though at least 1 LR is going to make it to the tau lines unscathed, there's no way the passengers could kill all that.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ezekiel1990 said:
It's not hard to fail 17 2+ armour saves if you're hit about 100 times.

Railguns = LR death.

Even though at least 1 LR is going to make it to the tau lines unscathed, there's no way the passengers could kill all that.
Good points. You gonna vote?

·
Registered
656 Posts
i vote tau
-exekiel, you seem to have a serious problem remembering to vote:shifty:

-the tau can pop the land raiders easy, and then shoot the **** out of the guys inside, those termies are dying fast!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
tiaxrulesall said:
i vote tau
-exekiel, you seem to have a serious problem remembering to vote:shifty:
Yeah, I've done it at least four times, and I've even made arguments for one army but accidently voted for the wrong one.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ezekiel1990 said:
Yeah, I've done it at least four times, and I've even made arguments for one army but accidently voted for the wrong one.
Been taking lessons from TheWamp, I see? Or perhaps he's your protege?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Caluin said:
Been taking lessons from TheWamp, I see? Or perhaps he's your protege?
I don't forget to vote. I just vote for an army that's fighting in a different battle:rolleyes:

See, the idea is that the two battles are on two adjacent digital tables...

·
Registered
830 Posts
railguns vs landraiders=railguns popping them. Deathwing peppered with shots, in such a way not seen by likes of Mark-Andre Fleury and Olaf Kolzig, that they fall and die

Tau

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hmmm... The DA list doesnt have much of a chance. Railguns will destroy the raiders. The massive amount of firepower will vaporize the termies or at least make them fail armour saves. The DA list cannot afford these casualties.

1 vote for the Tau.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
TheCage said:
Hmmm... The DA list doesnt have much of a chance. Railguns will destroy the raiders. The massive amount of firepower will vaporize the termies or at least make them fail armour saves. The DA list cannot afford these casualties.

1 vote for the Tau.
AH! DE meets DA. Where did the DA get raiders???;)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
TheWamp said:
AH! DE meets DA. Where did the DA get raiders???;)
This bloke called Arkhan Land I believe.

Tau

Hammerheads have Land Raiders completely outclassed, in terms of manouverability, range and Firepower. Plus being skimmers and therefore more resilient.

Once the LR die, the Terminators are trudging up through a plasma storm. Ow for them.

LR are the Past, take a Drop Pod. Its fun.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I vote Tau

I stand corrected by Ezekiel and Rikimaru... my vote changes :)

---

Normally, I would agree with everyone about the Tau winning in this case. However, there's one slight problem: this is a Recon mission. That means only the troop choices and their transports start on the field. The Dark Angels will start the game with everything they've got already down, while the Tau will only have their Fire Warriors, Kroot, and one Devilfish to stop those Land Raiders moving on up. By the time those Railguns deploy, the Dark Angels will be in the middle of the Tau chopping them up to little itty bitty pieces. Unless this game is on a stinking huge board...

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Roulex said:
I vote Dark Angels

Normally, I would agree with everyone about the Tau winning in this case. However, there's one slight problem: this is a Recon mission. That means only the troop choices and their transports start on the field. The Dark Angels will start the game with everything they've got already down, while the Tau will only have their Fire Warriors, Kroot, and one Devilfish to stop those Land Raiders moving on up. By the time those Railguns deploy, the Dark Angels will be in the middle of the Tau chopping them up to little itty bitty pieces. Unless this game is on a stinking huge board...
But then again, the Land Raiders are actually heavy support... so it's just 3 6" moving units with 2 assault cannons and some storm bolters against all that Tau stuff... which isn't going to work out...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Never thought of it it that light before-- raises a big question. Since the land raiders are attached to the infantry squads as transports, wouldn't they deploy at the same time as the troop choice that must be on the table?

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
Roulex said:
I vote Dark Angels

Escalation is only used in Recon in Omega missions and even so the Landraiders are heavy support so will not be deployed the only units allowed to be deployed in Omega are the two DA assault squads so the termies would be set up at least 24" away on foot which is no good against this Tau list. I meant The fact that the only things that can deploy in escalation in the DA list is the 2 Deathwing asault squads means there are no where near enough to deploy to worry 24 FW and 19 Kroot until the rest turn up.
Anyway lets assume the mission is Gamma that means that most of the DA start deployed as heavy support which means the Tau can basically deploy to their advantage all the XV8's have to do is deploy nicely and play the waiting game with the landraiders.
The Landraiders are going to be dead in 2 turns, 3 max with the Helios XV8 suits and HH hitting them and if the troops disembark then the XV8's Stealths and HH can just kill the Termies with impunity.
Each XV8 can kill 2 or 3 termies a turn the stealths can mop up and the DF, XV8's Stealths and Drones can all keep out of range and move into the DA deployment zone when ready to claim VP's, this is the perfect opponent for this Tau list so
Win For TAU

·
Registered
192 Posts
Tau

even if the LR's get close enogh to unload intact the termies are in deep water. Those twin-linked fusion blasters will do some damage. Crisis suits move into 12" range, shoot, and then move back in their assualt phase. The LR's are just moint sinks agianst tua, easy victory points. Now, a couple of drop podding squads of termies with Cyclones or AC's could cause serious damage. The cyclones could take care of the suits and tanks while AC's can mow down those FW

·
Registered
105 Posts
Alt+F4 said:
Tau

even if the LR's get close enogh to unload intact the termies are in deep water. Those twin-linked fusion blasters will do some damage. Crisis suits move into 12" range, shoot, and then move back in their assualt phase. The LR's are just moint sinks agianst tua, easy victory points. Now, a couple of drop podding squads of termies with Cyclones or AC's could cause serious damage. The cyclones could take care of the suits and tanks while AC's can mow down those FW

just out of curiousity how the heck does the xv8 crisis suits move 12" in their movement phase, fire then in their assault phase move back , i do not get that sorry i am primarily a marine player.:w00t:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Roulex said:
Never thought of it it that light before-- raises a big question. Since the land raiders are attached to the infantry squads as transports, wouldn't they deploy at the same time as the troop choice that must be on the table?
They aren't attached to them as transports, they just have the ability to transport models. So the termies would have to arrive as troops, and the LRs couldn't show up until later... about the same time as the railheads...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.