Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Seek and Destroy

Space Wolves - (4 points)

Headquarters - 392 points
Rune Priest:
Frost Blade; Bolt pistol; Wolf Pelt; Wolf Tail Talisman

Wolf Guard Battle Leader
Frost Blade; Bolt Pistol; Wolf pelt; Wolf tail talisman

Venerable Dreadnought
Assault cannon; Heavy flamer; Extra Armour; Smoke Launchers; Drop Pod

Elite - 171 points
Wolf Scouts squad – Seven (7) men
Entire unit has Frag Grenades
Five (5) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
One (1) armed with Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon
One (1) armed with Meltagun
Wolf Guard: Thunder Hammer, Bolt Pistol; Wolf Tooth Necklace

Troops - 736 points
Grey Hunters Pack – Six (6) men
Four (4) armed with Bolters and CCW
One (1) armed with Plasma Gun
One (1) armed with Bolter and Power Fist
Razorback:
Twin linked Lascannon, Extra Armour; Smoke Launchers

Blood Claws Pack – Nine (9) men
Two (2) armed with Powerfist and Bolt Pistol
Wolf Guard: Lighting Claws
Rhino:
Storm Bolter, Extra Armour; Smoke Launchers

Blood Claws Pack – Nine (9) men
Two (2) armed with Powerfist and Bolt Pistol
Wolf Guard: Lighting Claws
Rhino:
Storm Bolter, Extra Armour; Smoke Launchers

Fast Attack - 340 points
Blood Claw Bikers – Five (5) men
Three (3) armed with Twin Linked Bolters
One (1) armed with Twin Linked Bolters and Power Fist

Blood Claw Bikers – Five (5) men
Three (3) armed with Twin Linked Bolters
One (1) armed with Twin Linked Bolters and Power Fist

Heavy Support - 210 points
Leman Russ Exterminator:
Twin linked Auto Cannon; Heavy bolter Sponsons; Lascannon; Extra Armour

----------------------------------------

Flesh Tearers - 2nd Company under the command of Chaplain Megacles - (2 points)
Blood Angels Space Marines

Headquarters – 275 points

Master of Sanctity Chaplain Megacles – Automatically leads Death Company squad.
Thunder hammer; Terminator Honours; Jump Pack; Frag Grenades

D3+3 Death company

Elites – 486 points
Terminator Assault Squad Harmodius – Six (6) men
Three (3) armed with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
Three (3) armed with Pair of Lightning Claws.

Dreadnought “Crushinator”:
Extra Armour; Smoke Launchers; Assault Cannon; DCCW

Dreadnought “Harvester”:
Extra Armour; Smoke Launchers; Assault Cannon; DCCW; Venerable

Troops – 764 points
Tactical Squad Alpha – Eight (8) men
Six (6) armed with Bolters
Sergeant: Power Fist and Bolt Pistol, Terminator Honours

Tactical Squad Beta – Eight (8) men
Six (6) armed with Bolters​
One (1) armed with Meltagun​
Sergeant: Power Fist and Bolt Pistol, Terminator Honours​

Tactical Squad Gamma – Eight (8) men​
Sergeant: Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol; Terminator Honours; Frag Grenades​

Tactical Squad Delta – Eight (8) men​
Sergeant: Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol; Terminator Honours; Frag Grenades​

Scout Squad Epsilon – Eight (8) men​
Seven (7) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW​
Sergeant: Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol; Terminator Honours; Teleport Homer; Frag Grenades​

Fast attack – 160 points
Land Speeder Squadron “Shredder” – One (1) Land Speeder​
One (1) armed with Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon​

Land Speeder Squadron “Harpy” – One (1) Land Speeder​
One (1) armed with Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon​

Heavy Support – 163 points
Vindicator “Inferno”​
Demolisher Cannon; Storm Bolter; Extra Armour; Power of the Machine Spirit; Smoke Launchers​

Notes:​
All non-vehicle models automatically have furious charge​
All Death Company models have Jump Packs.​

Tactics:​
Well, obviously tactics will change drastically depending on the amount of death company I get, but I’m expecting to get around seven or more death company, and I will put at least one sergeant in there to get a power fist or power weapon depending on which one suits the situation the best. The scouts will infiltrate close to the enemy, and hunker down in cover from the enemy. They’ll use their homer to draw the terminators down close, before diving forward from cover to tie up the units that could threaten the terminators – 21 strength 5 initiative 5 attacks plus 4 power weapon attacks with the same strength and initiative should do a fair amount of damage to anything that could threaten the terminators, and then they can consolidate into another unit and maybe tie that up. The terminators should hopefully be able to take some damage and then take out almost anything they run into. The death company and the chaplain will of course be another distraction to stop enemies totally annihilating the terminators when they come in, and the steamroller of the basic troops and sheer weight of meltaguns will lay the hurt down on anything with the help of blood rage. As for the dreadnoughts and the vindicator, they will lay down covering fire, the dreadnoughts advancing at the same time, taking out vehicles and heavy infantry. The LSTs will also deep strike down at some point and lay down some incredibly heavy cover fire which, when combined with the dreadnoughts, will result in a withering hail of assault cannon fire which can kill vehicles and infantry. The weapons being so versatile means they can turn their hands to either killing vehicles or infantry, and the sheer combat ability of everything means that they will be able to run up shooting and then charge to deliver the final deathblow.​

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
tie

Seriously, the lists have elements that are equal in potential, and for every advantage each list has, the other list has another advantage.

Really tough, I'd have to see it played on the battlefield.

·
Registered
693 Posts
- i also cannot come to a conclusion as to which army would win, a very close game, too close to call.

-one fluff vote for blood angels they are verr fluffy BA, with assault termies. the mechanised space wolves don't cut it.
-HEE HEE, the space wolves are actually "fluffier" in he technical sense of the word:w00t:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Space Wolves

The BC will tear the tacticals apart.
the bikers can also do seriors damage.
the scouts will do some damage.
Exetirmantor can blow the landseeders.
The DC will be ard to kill but i think the
powerfists will take them down.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
It is very close. The Blood claws are cancelled out by the death company, dreads, and assault termies. The vindicator will spell hurt for the SW, and the BA will feel it from the SW bikers. The land speeders are harder to take down than just "the exterminator will kill em". Unless he gets a lucky shot, the speeder will stay up for a few turns (thats not even counting the other one). So unless someone can give me a good reason why one list will win over the other... I'm going to go for a tie.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Fun match! But my head hurts thinking about it (or that might be my lack of sleep. . .)
Model count is comperable, there isn't an outnumbering issue.
Both have good hand to hand, the wolves have an edge here though.
However the Blood Angles have a shooting edge.
But the Wolves have a manuverability edge.

I can see why people are voting Tie, it is going to be a heck of a fight. (I'd love to see this one played out.) I'm going to have to think more on this. . .

·
Registered
246 Posts
First, two awesome lists. Both authors deserve recognition.

I vote Blood Angels by a hair, for several reasons. Overall, yes, each list has 3 or 4 significant advantages, but I think the BA advantages are more important.

1) The speeders will get an unchallenged round of shooting whether BA go first or not, also whether they deepstrike or not, because they are the most maneuverable guns on the board. If I were the BA, I would shoot that Razorback, and take away the twin-linked lascannon (The SW only really deadly anti-armor threat).

2) More assault cannons. SW have 1, BA have 4. If the SW manage to knock out a dread on 1st turn, the BA still have 3. They can essentially pick a unit and make it vanish from the board. Again, the Razorback would be my choice, closely followed by the Russ.

3) Higher initiative on the charge. Several BA sergeants have power weapons, instead of power fists. Even if a unit of bloodclaws gets the charge, with 5 diff tactical squads rolling around, a counter-charge would be easy to pull off. Decent rolling = dead bloodclaws who cannot retaliate in CC.

4) Vindicator. The SW have to kill it. The BA player can just put this thing in cover somewhere out front and wait for an opportunity. It will at worst draw a lot of fire, and and best smoke an entire squad of bloodclaws or bikers.

5) Death Company. If the BA player gets 6 or 7 death company members, with the Chappie, they all re-roll their attacks, and if they take a wound, they get a second save, with 50% probability of just ignoring the wound. They have jump packs, so they ain't getting charged ... they will deliver a charge.

Sabre

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Blood Angels

They have slightly better c.c imo, with thier DC, assault termies and decent tacticals. Only a bit better. Firepower wise I would say the Vindicator and LST's are a better match up than the Exterminator. Plus 2 Dreadnoughts on the board from turn 1 with Assault Cannon and little long range SW firepower.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Sabrewulf said:
3) Higher initiative on the charge. Several BA sergeants have power weapons, instead of power fists. Even if a unit of bloodclaws gets the charge, with 5 diff tactical squads rolling around, a counter-charge would be easy to pull off. Decent rolling = dead bloodclaws who cannot retaliate in CC.

4) Vindicator. The SW have to kill it. The BA player can just put this thing in cover somewhere out front and wait for an opportunity. It will at worst draw a lot of fire, and and best smoke an entire squad of bloodclaws or bikers.

5) Death Company. If the BA player gets 6 or 7 death company members, with the Chappie, they all re-roll their attacks, and if they take a wound, they get a second save, with 50% probability of just ignoring the wound. They have jump packs, so they ain't getting charged ... they will deliver a charge.

Sabre
Its because of these points that I think will win it for BA. And also in most matches Ive seen between BA and SW, BA tend to win, so I think they're better in cc generally than SW

I vote BA

·
Dawn Under Heaven
3,577 Posts
Wow, this is a tough one.

But the Blood angels do have greater shooting capabilities and slightly superior CC abilities, and they aren't outnembered so I'm going to give this one to them.

Blood Angels

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.