Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Take and Hold

Tyranids - (0 points)

Headquarters – 196 points
Hive Tyrant:
Two (2) Twin-Linked Devourers; Enhanced Senses; Toxin Sacs; Winged; Warp Field

Elites – 308 points
Warriors Brood – Four (4) bugs
All have Enhanced Senses; Extended Carapace; Toxin Sacs
Three (3) armed with Deathspitters and Scything Talons
One (1) armed with Venom Cannon and Scything Talons

Warriors Brood – Four (4) bugs
All have Enhanced Senses; Extended Carapace; Toxin Sacs
Three (3) armed with Deathspitters and Scything Talons
One (1) armed with Venom Cannon and Scything Talons

Troops – 744 points
Hormagaunts Brood – Sixteen (16) bugs
All have Adrenal Glands: WS; Scything Talons; Leaping

Hormagaunts Brood – Sixteen (16) bugs
All have Adrenal Glands: WS; Scything Talons; Leaping

Genestealers Brood – Ten (10) bugs
All have Extended Carapace; Rending Claws

Termagaunts Brood – Sixteen (16) bugs
All have Fleshborers

Termagaunts Brood – Sixteen (16) bugs
All have Fleshborers

Fast Attack – 126 points
Ravener Brood – One (1) bug
One (1) armed with Scything Talons, Rending Claws and Spinefists

One (1) armed with Scything Talons, Rending Claws

One (1) armed with Scything Talons, Rending Claws

Heavy Support – 476 points
Carnifex:
Enhanced Senses; Extended Carapace; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon

Carnifex:
Enhanced Senses; Extended Carapace; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon

Zoanthropes Brood – Two (2) bugs
Two (2) with Synapse Creature, Warp Blast, The Horror, Warp Field

--------------------------------------

Night Lords - (4 points)

Headquarters – 315 points
Chaos Lieutenant:
Chaos Marine Bike; Bike mounted Plasmagun; Dark Blade; Furious Charge; Daemonic Mutation; Spiky Bits; Melta Bombs

Chaos Lieutenant
Daemonic Flight; Pair of Lightning Claws; Daemonic Mutation; Daemonic Resilience; Melta Bombs; Spiky Bits; Furious Charge

Troops – 456 points
Chaos Space Marines Squad – Eight (8) men
All have Infiltrate; Furious Charge
Five (5) Marines armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
Two (2) Marines armed with Meltagun
Aspiring Champion: Power fist and Bolt Pistol; Daemonic Mutation; Spiky Bits

Chaos Space Marines Squad – Eight (8) men
All have Infiltrate; Furious Charge
Five (5) Marines armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
Two (2) Marines armed with Meltagun

Fast Attack – 1079 points
Raptors Squad – Eight (8) men
All have Furious Charge
Four (4) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
Three (3) armed with Meltagun

Raptors Squad – Eight (8) men
All have Furious Charge
Four (4) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
Three (3) armed with Meltagun

Chaos Bikers Squad – Nine (9) men
All have Furious Charge; Skilled Riders
Six (6) armed with Twin Linked Bolters
Two (2) armed with Flamer; Bolt Pistol
Aspiring Champion: Lightning Claw; Daemonic Mutation; Spiky Bits

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hmm. Despite the Nightlords obvious superiority here in speed and cc prowess, I originally thought I'd have to go with the Tyranids for the mission.

The raptors and bikes which are so fast are bought here at the expense of numbers, and the tyranid, while probably losing his/her troops at least 2-1 has the numbers to do so, and in the end, with a take and hold mission, its all about attrition.

43 models on the Nightlord side to 90 Tyranid.

While the raptors and bikers can get to the objective quickly, they are not suited to holding a no doubt difficult terrain obstacle and will probably run headlong into the Tyranid horde hoping to 'kill em all' and win by default.

This is where the Tyranid player can send in his gaunts to die by the bucketful and then counter charge with genestealer, carnifex, raveners and Tyrant.

But, after checking exactly what the Tyranids were armed with(being primarly shooting), and the fact that Hth will happen pretty swiftly, I'm going to go with Night Lords to win the mission but just barely.

I don't think much of either army is going to be left though and the Tyranid player could end up getting lucky holding onto the objective with say a squad sent off by itself while the rest of the NL army and the Tyranids are duking it out elsewhere.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I agree a more close combat oriented Nid army would have no problem winning this mission against the night lords. I am going to hold off on my vote for now however, I suspect that they still may be able to pull things off. Gonna crunch some numbers see how things go.
What I do see right now is 3 squads with rending. lots of extra bodies, and 3 monsterous creatures, even though they are set up for shooting they still ignore armor saves in CC.

Saving vote for later, a little convincing could sway me either way.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
As soon as the hormagaunts get int combat, it's just going to be more and more tyranids pouring in on the objective. The hormagaunts can have up to a 24" assault. That's not good. They only need to stay in combat for a turn or two for the bigger bugs to get in, and then the low chaos numbers will be overwhelmed.

Tyranids

·
Registered
656 Posts
i vote night lords

-they are faster and more CC than the nids, whose "big bugs" are all armed with shooting weapons that are ineffetive verses marines. in a massive CC, the night lords would come out on top.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I think the Gaunts can tie up the NL for long enough for the Big Bugz to get in. The NL relies too much on short range melta's for killing hard targets. It hasnt paid off here.

Tyranids

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
JORMAGI said:
I agree a more close combat oriented Nid army would have no problem winning this mission against the night lords. I am going to hold off on my vote for now however, I suspect that they still may be able to pull things off. Gonna crunch some numbers see how things go.
What I do see right now is 3 squads with rending. lots of extra bodies, and 3 monsterous creatures, even though they are set up for shooting they still ignore armor saves in CC.

Saving vote for later, a little convincing could sway me either way.
Yeah the way I see it is the two Night Lords HQ are easily capable of taking down the Tyrant and Warriors on thier own and thats without the bikers as back up, and then go onto the Raveners.
The Raptors and infiltrating Marines have enough gear to take out the two Carnifexes and Zoanthropes.
With the Tyrant, Warriors and Zoans gone the Synapse control is nerfed, so the Gaunts will be testing on LDS5, the only real problem is the Stealers but they can be targeted with enough firepower to reduce the solitary 10 man squad (why do players take one squad it never works).
The Bikers and Raptors have enough movement to avoid what they dont want to kill, and the infiltrate allows the Marines to be placed exactly where the NL player sees fit to avoid Hormies etc.
As long as the HQ, bike squads and Raptors stay away from the Guants the NL should win the Hormie broods are not big enough to seriously hurt a Marine squad but with furios charge if the NL hit em 1st they are creamed Hormies.
As has been said this Nid list is to generalised, why have a winged shooty Tyrant, if your going for a speedy Tyrant he needs to be CC not shooty in fact I thinbk shooty Tyrants are a waste of time, they perform so much better in the CC role.
This Nid list definately needs more sped and more CC prowess as it stands it performs both roles adequatly but does not excel in either and thats no good for Nids.

Win for Night Lords probaly minor victory but victory non the less

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.