Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Recon

Space Marines - (4 points)

Chapter traits:

Advantages -
Heed the Wisdom of the Ancients
Disadvantages -
We stand Alone

Headquarters – 86 points.
Master Commander:
Bolter, Power weapon

Elites – 390 points
Dreadnought:
Extra Armour, Assault Cannon, DCCW, Venerable

Dreadnought:

Dreadnought:

Troops – 324 points
Scout Squad – Six (6) men
Six (6) armed with Sniper Rifles

Scout Squad – Six (6) men.

Scout Squad – Six (6) men.

Heavy Support – 330 points
Dreadnought:
Extra Armour, Assault Cannon, DCCW

Dreadnought:

Dreadnought:

Fast Attack – 720 points
Land Speeder Squadron – Three (3) Landspeeder Tornados
Three (3) armed with Assault Cannons and Heavy bolters

---------------------------------------

Lord Kharnate’s Grand Assembly - (4 points)
World Eaters

Headquarters – 375 points
Chaos Lord Kharnate:
Mark of Khorne; Daemonic Stature; Daemonic Resilience; Daemonic Essence; Daemonic Strength; Berserker Glaive; Feel No Pain

Bloodthirster:
Monstrous Creature; Wings; Living Icon; Khornate Frenzy

Troops – 955 points
Khornate Berserkers Squad – Eight (8) men
Seven (7) armed with Chainaxes and Bolt Pistols; Frag Grenades
Aspiring Champion: Daemonic Vessel; Talisman of Burning Blood; Chainaxe and Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades

Seven (7) armed with Chainaxes and Bolt Pistols; Frag Grenades
Aspiring Champion: Powerfist and Bolt Pistol; Talisman of Burning Blood

Six (6) armed with Chainaxes and Bolt Pistols; Frag Grenades
One (1) armed with Plasma Pistol and Chainaxe; Frag Grenades
Aspiring Champion: Powerfist and Bolt Pistol; Talisman of Burning Blood

Aspiring Champion: Powerfist and Bolt Pistol

Aspiring Champion: Powerfist and Bolt Pistol; Melta Bombs; Talisman of Burning Blood

Heavy Support – 520 points
Defiler:
Destroyer (Dedicated to Khorne); Indirect Fire

Chaos Predator:
Destroyer (Dedicated to Khorne); Twin-linked Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour

Destroyer (Dedicated to Khorne); Twin-linked Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour

Tactics:
Race up and blood rage all the way (hopefully) thanks to the Talismans of Burning Blood. The lord will remain near the troops if there are railguns so he cant be shot at. If not he will race up and tie up shooty units while the rest of the army adavances. Once close enough, up pops the bloodthirster and if even more cc support is needed the defilers there. Enemy armour will be taken care of as there are 2 monstorous creatures 2 predators, defiler and each aspiring champion has a power fist.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
All that rending... Also, the big thing that gives SM the win is the fact that the WE have no effective way of taking down the skimmers.

So I vote Space Marines

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Yeah, the 2 lascannons are going to be killed on the first turn, at most downing 1 LST, after that, the LSTs will buzz over the berzerkers' heads as the khornate are forced to hit on 6+ and glance on 6+... not good.

And the dreads (at least the venerable ones) can hold their own very well in assault, even with powerfists.

Space Marines

·
Registered
693 Posts
i vote sapace marines
-they will mow down the world eaters with rending, and make them run is circles with the land speeders.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Unfortunatley the WE can be lead around by the speeders. Although the powerfists could pop some dreads, all those assualt cannons will take a toll. The assault cannons can also take care of the prince and bloodthirster, or at least the dreads can finish em' in cc. It will be close but...

I vote for SM.

·
Slave to the flesh
4,330 Posts
Space marines

That many dreads and assault cannons will tear the bezerkers apart. It will be close to see if the SM kill the bloodthirster but thats what is really the CC for this list, the 'zerker sqauds will easily die to the dreads.

@spongebob, you have to put your vote in bold for it to be counted.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,413 Posts
HI I have the khorne list, and I d like to vote for SPACE MARINES. The rending will mes up my poor little psycho killers... Also how do you make your typing bold?
Put a "B" in a set of "[]" before you type something, then put B in a set of [/] after it. Put the 2nd B after the forward slash. :)

Thats 60 Assault cannon shots. Now if EVERY one shoots at his Daemon prince, they'll get 5 wounds. JUST enough to kill it. That is a hell of a lot of punishment for one model! and what if the Khorne get first turn? they'll simply nail 2 dreads with their Predators/Defiler, leaving not enough assault cannons to do the job. So lets say they get lucky, and do kill it. 2nd turn, it seems quite likely the Bloodthirster will arrive. If so, he'll fly in and crump a dreadnought, and he's just about the same, and considering the Predators will have fired again, there wimply won't be enough Assault Cannons to do the job. And for the last 2 turns, the big stuff has taken all the firing off the smaller squads, at which point can get in and crump some more dreads with the power fists.

I vote World Eaters

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
World Eaters

2 TLLC a turn is going to inconveniance the Dreadnoughts, and although said dreads are completely safe in c.c with the normal WE Beserks.

BLOODTHIRSTERS LOVE DREADNOUGHTS!

MC, loads of attacks, a decent invulnerable. Super high WS. Him plus his Daemon Prince Mate could have a competition,

who wipes out the most years of SM combat experiance?

The Defilers probably going to amuse itself dropping shells on the Scouts, the Predators would probably be better off gunning for the LST's.

·
Ghost of LO
4,429 Posts
Fear the assault cannon.

The assault cannons alone: 60 shots, 40 hits, (10 rends)
30 normal hits: 25 wounds, Dead: 8 + 10 rends

18 dead world eaters from the Assault cannons, Per turn.

27 heavy bolters: 18 hits, 12 wounds, 4 dead.

Snipers - 18 shots, 16 hits, 8 wounds, 3 dead.

So thats, 18 + 4 + 3 = 25 world eaters heads rolling for the blood god.

Although in the first few turns, the LST will need to hunt tanks, very easy for them 2 do.

Dreadnoughts are good against greater demons, because they strike with 10s, at the same Inititive. Peace

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar said:
Dreadnoughts are good against greater demons, because they strike with 10s, at the same Inititive. Peace
So the Predators arent going to be shooting back at the LST's?

Plus a Dreadnought v's Bloodthirster gets 2 attacks (charged) misses with half fails to wound sometimes and the Bloodthirster gets a 4++ save. Then crumps the Dread back to the stone age. Dreads are one of the few things Bloodies easily make thier points back on.

And the Daemon Prince goes first.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Space Marines

As stated before those AC's are going to do serious damage. Plus the dreads have SB's so that adds a little. The volume of fire within 24" will be amazing. As liong as those preds and the defiler are taken out it should be smooth sailing. Until something bad happens, like the WE HQs getting into cc.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,413 Posts
Urgh!

You can't have your cake and eat it too!

Now the Assault Cannons have to kill 40 Marines, a Defiler and 2 predators before a daemon prince and bloodthirster get into combat?

And Triumph, just for the record, say the Land Speeders all shoot at a predator. I'll even be nice and say the side armour:

36 shots, 24 hits, 4 rending penatrates....

So if they split their fire they destroy both predators.

Then 4 Dreads fire at the Defiler:

16 shots, 11 hit, 2 rending penatrates (just)....so thats a defiler down.

Leaving the remaining 2 to kill an amazing 1/2 khorne berzerkers.

Now judging that they're all shooting at the back line stuff of the Khorne, every single berzerker will now make it into combat. every dreadnought should die, now. 1 from each of the MC's, and 1 per power fist.

I don't really know why Im arguing...because it aint my list. But still...perhaps Im trying to point out that this list isn't as good as it looks when facing this army.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hrm.

Well, we are assuming equal skills.

The SM need to kill those predators and the defiler, so they must initially concentrate their assault cannons on them.

While they will be able to kill them, if the the WE player is clever, they will be shooting at the landspeeders first as they are the most dangerous units in regards to the Berserkers because they can't be caught by them normally.

So a few turns in I expect to see the predators and defiler dead, but also at least a couple land speeders.

By then everything will be in hth.

At that point the scouts will die, about a third of the berserkers will die, and 1-2dreadnoughts might get popped. Until the Bloodthirster gets out. He'll probably kill 2-3 Dreadnoughts on his own, perhaps getting caught out in the open at some point and gunned down.

However, I doubt that both the Bloodthirster and the Prince can be gunned down as well as the predators, defilers and sundry berserkers due to the attrition in assault cannons that the SM will be suffering.

It has been said that the SM player could force the WE player's berserker squads to chase the land speeders all day perhaps throwing all the land Speeder on one side of the board and the Dreadnoughts on the other to facilitate this.

While I believe that some of this is true, we are assuming equal playing skill so the WE player will set up his/her Berserkers on a wide front to avoid this.

In addition, as I stated earlier I believe the Land Speeders will be the initial target for the WE ranged attacks such as they are and this strategy will be thus less effective.

In addition, by trying to lead the (some) of the Berserker squads away from the Dreadnoughts and scouts, the SM player is just assuring that the recon mission will have contested table quarters in the sections where the speeders are and in the areas where the SM scouts and Dreadnoughts are I believe the WE will have a slight advantage.

Basically, I'm going to have to go for a minor victory for the mission to the WE.

·
1,277 Posts
Robbizle is right, the WE list has too many targets for rending alone to take care of. All the eggs in one basket just doesn't work this time.

World Eaters

·
Dawn Under Heaven
3,577 Posts
Robizzle said:
Now judging that they're all shooting at the back line stuff of the Khorne, every single berzerker will now make it into combat. every dreadnought should die, now. 1 from each of the MC's, and 1 per power fist.
Therin lies da tricky bit. If the marine player is crafty he can neutralise some of the beserkers by causing them to chase the speeders, which they have bugger all chance of hurting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.