Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Secure and Control

Strike force Igor
Deathwing Dark Angels

Headquarters – 780 points
Codicier Librarian: (Joins Terminator Command Squad)
Terminator Armour; Combi-Meltagun; Fear of the Darkness

Terminator Command Squad – Four (4) men
One (1) armed with Chain fist and Storm Bolter
Two (2) armed with Assault Cannon and Powerfist
Sergeant: Power Sword and Storm Bolter
Drop Pod

Codicier Librarian: (Joins Terminator Command Squad)
Terminator Armour; Combi-Meltagun; Fear of the Darkness

Terminator Command Squad – Four (4) men
One (1) armed with Chain fist and Storm Bolter
Two (2) armed with Assault Cannon and Powerfist
Drop Pod

Elites – 150 points
Dreadnought:
Assault Cannon; Heavy Flamer; Extra Armour, Drop Pod

Troops – 900 points
Terminator Squad – Five (5) men
One (1) armed with Chain Fist and Storm Bolter
One (1) armed with Power Fist and Storm Bolter
Two (2) armed with Assault cannon and Powerfist
Drop Pod

Drop Pod

Drop Pod

Notes:
All stubborn (fearless, but still takes pinning checks)
Fear of the Darkness nasty against low leadership
Entire army deep strikes
Drop Pods can’t be destroyed by scattering
11 Assault cannons
----------------------------------------

Craftworld Number (N)ine

Iyanden Craftworld

Headquarters
Farseer:
Jetbike, Fortune, Singing Spear

Elites
Warp Spiders – Five (5) men strong
Five (5) armed with Deathspinners

Troops
Wraithguard Unit – Six (6) men strong
Five (5) Wraithguard armed with Wraithcannons
One (1) Warlock
Wave Serpent: Spirit Stones; Twin-linked Starcannon

Wraithguard Unit – Six (6) men strong
Five (5) Wraithguard armed with Wraithcannons
One (1) Warlock
Wave Serpent: Spirit Stones; Twin-linked Starcannon

Wraithlord:
Two (2) Flamers; Starcannon

Wraithlord:
Two (2) Flamers; Starcannon

Fast Attack
Storm Guardians Squad – Five (5) men
Three (3) armed with Shuriken Catapult
Two (2) armed with Flamers
Mounted in a Falcon

Mounted in a Falcon

Mounted in a Falcon

Heavy Support -
Falcon:
Holo Field; Spirit Stones; Starcannon

Falcon:

Falcon:

Tactics:
Heavy Anti-Tank Summary
- x1 Singing Spear (S9+D6)
- x10 Wraithcannon (Auto-glance on 4+, penetrate on 5 or 6)
- x3 Pulse Laser

Light Anti-Tank / Anti-Infantry Summary
- x2 TL Starcannon
- x5 Starcannon
- x2 Shuriken Cannon
- x3 Pulse Laser
- x5 Deathspinner

Anti-Light Infantry / Horde Summary
- x6 Flamer
- x5 Deathspinner
- x1 TL Shuriken catapult

Strong, extremely resilient list. Very difficult to amass sufficient high S weaponry to take out 2 wraithlords, 2 wave serpents, and 3 falcons. Mobile use of wraithguard in serpents; equal strength regardless of armour values. Strength versus MEQ in firepower and defensiblity, strength versus hordes in evasion (high maneouverability) and attrition until safe situations, at which point flamer death squads can exploit templates for casualties.

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Librarian Augustine said:
Is this mission like take and hold? someone clear this up please
Secure and Control has loot counters - for each one you control without being contested, you score bonus Victory points.

·
Registered
693 Posts
-i thought deep stiking units had to arrive when they rolled right, they can't just choose to wait can they? that's stupid

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tiaxrulesall said:
-i thought deep stiking units had to arrive when they rolled right, they can't just choose to wait can they? that's stupid
Deep Striking units can not wait until the last turn - when Reserves of any kind become avaliable, you must bring them on.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I vote Eldar for the mission.

As far as I can remember starcannons are AP2, so that, combined with the small numbers of the opposing army, since it is composed of terminators will make things a little too dicey for the Death Wing to pull off a victory.

Greater numbers, greater number of units and greater mobility(after the DW initial) deepstrike will ensure that more of the loot counters end up in the hands of the Eldar.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Librarian Augustine said:
okay I still think the deathwing will win
why? they'll arrive and then they have 7 starcannons several of which are better than BS3, drilling through them.

IMO, they don't stand a chance

Crushing victory to the eldar

·
Registered
693 Posts
i vote eldar

-termies arrive haphasard, and are anihilated by eldar shooting. eldar claim objectives.

·
Ghost of LO
4,429 Posts
Deathwing:

3 squads of termintors arrive the first turn, on which one of those bears fear of the darkness.

Thats a squad for the rear armour of each falcone:

24 assault cannon shots on AV 10 So devide this by 3 for each vehicle:

16 hits, 8 glancing.

So that breaks down to 3 glancing hits on two eldar tanks, and 2 glancings on the other.

Plus 30 storm bolter shots: 20 hits, 3 glancings, + 1 glance to all glances above:

So thats basically 1 dead falcone, 1 weapon destoryed falcone (so it loses the starcannon, as pulslasers dont scare deathwing) And yet another falcone shaken.

Fear the darkness will also through some squads off the board, and generally reap havic through the eldars lines.

Anyway, the 12 shots with the starcannons still vaiable:

6 hits, 5 wounds, 3 dead termintors.

The turn after, basically all the other stuff for deathwing arrives, and whatever is alive, wont be, after 11 Assault cannons tear through it.

Even if the eldar manage to kill a squad of deathwing, your stilll looking at 9 assault cannons, thats 36 shots to many for eldar to handle.

Deathwing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would have to vote Eldar because they can pick off the Deathwing piecemeal when they arrive, and they have a heck of a lot more shots. They also have more squads and are a lot more manouverable with all those transports. The wraithcannons, starcannons and the multitude of shots will kill all the terminators.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I Vote Eldar.

As I previously mentioned, I have a good understanding of the eldar because I used to play them. As a rule, its a bad idea to bet on rending against holo-fields and spirit-stones, especially when the falcons outnumber your total squads!!!! I don't see how the DA have a chance, but then again the dice gods are a fickle foe sometimes.

·
494 Posts
Considerations
As long as the Eldar player hugs the table edge with the rear armour of his Falcons and Wave Serpents (which he will against such a drop pod army), the Deathwing player will have quite a difficult time leveling any mediocrum of firepower before AP2 SC shots decimate his firebase. This is further accentuated by the fact that the Deathwing army is arriving piecemeal, against the highly mobile and shooty Eldar force.

Fear of the Darkness is not really a concern; most squads arn't even on the board, and the warp spiders won't be fighting in this battle. With their position as an objective claiming squad (at least against terminator-armour armies), they'll be floating around for most of the mission. Of course, a drop pod could be thrown near them to take them out, but that's quite a waste of resources.

Eldar for the mission.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For the reasons state above, Eldar for the win. The sheer amount of firepower comming down on piecemeal units will crush them. Not to mention the maneuverability at the Eldar commanders disposal which means he can get to those markers and hold them while using ranged weapons to pick off anything deep striking.

I vote Eldar to win.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Morachi said:
For the reasons state above, Eldar for the win. The sheer amount of firepower comming down on piecemeal units will crush them. Not to mention the maneuverability at the Eldar commanders disposal which means he can get to those markers and hold them while using ranged weapons to pick off anything deep striking.

I vote Eldar to win.

Cheers,
Dave
Bold your vote. Otherwise, it won't count.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.