Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see [url=http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/t57616-40k-votewar-mkiii-info-thread.html]this thread[/URL] on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Cleanse

Space Marines

Chapter traits:

Advantages -
Heed the Wisdom of the Ancients
Disadvantages -
We stand Alone

Headquarters – 86 points.
Master Commander:
Bolter, Power weapon

Elites – 390 points
Dreadnought:
Extra Armour, Assault Cannon, DCCW, Venerable

Dreadnought:

Dreadnought:

Troops – 324 points
Scout Squad – Six (6) men
Six (6) armed with Sniper Rifles

Scout Squad – Six (6) men.

Scout Squad – Six (6) men.

Heavy Support – 330 points
Dreadnought:
Extra Armour, Assault Cannon, DCCW

Dreadnought:

Dreadnought:

Fast Attack – 720 points
Land Speeder Squadron – Three (3) Landspeeder Tornados
Three (3) armed with Assault Cannons and Heavy bolters

------------------------------------------------------

180th Karallis Prime Praetors (Armored Company)

Doctrines
-Restricted Units: Leman Russ Vanquisher
-Restricted Units: Leman Russ Exterminator
-Skills & Drills: Ace Gunners
-Skills & Drills: Anti-Tank Rounds
-Special Equipment: Machine God's Blessing

Headquarters – 303 points
Leman Russ Exterminator Command Tank
Turret mounted twin-linked autocannon; Hull mounted Heavy Bolters; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Pintle Heavy Stubber; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Ace Gunners; Machine God’s Blessing, Improved Comms

Elites – 530 points
Tank Ace in Leman Russ Vanquisher
Turret mounted Vanquisher Cannon, Hull mounted Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Ace Gunners; Machine God’s Blessing

Storm Troopers – Ten (10) men
Seven (7) armed with Hellguns
Two (2) armed with Grenade Launchers
Sergeant: Hell Pistol and CCW
Chimera: Turret mounted Multi-laser; Hull mounted Heavy Bolter; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers

Troops – 618 points
Leman Russ Battle Tank
Turret mounted Battle Cannon; Hull mounted Heavy Bolter; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Anti-tank Rounds; Machine Gods Blessing

Leman Russ Battle Tank
Turret mounted Battle Cannon; Hull mounted Heavy Bolter; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Anti-tank Rounds; Machine Gods Blessing

Leman Russ Battle Tank

Fast Attack – 168 points
Sentinel
Lascannon; Searchlight

Sentinel
Lascannon; Searchlight

Sentinel
Lascannon; Searchlight

Heavy Support – 231 points
Leman Russ Demolisher
Turret mounted Demolisher Cannon; Hull mounted Lascannon; Plasma Cannon Sponsons; Extra Armour; Searchlight; Ace Gunners; Machine God’s Blessing.

General Tactics:
The general idea is to advance on the objectives and blast any and all scoring units until they can't claim any VPs. The Leman Russ Battle Tanks (LRBT), Vanquisher, and Sentinels go tank-busting, while the Storm Troopers and Exterminator hose down infantry (preferably light and medium infantry). The battle cannons on the LRBTs will also fare well against heavy infantry, supported in that role by the Demolisher. With all the sponson weapons, the list should fare well against hordes as well, even without the battle cannons. The searchlights should ensure I maintain fire superiority in night fight scenarios.

Wargear/Doctrine Notes: Ace Gunners: Functions like Sharpshooters, but also allows the player to re-roll the scatter die for ordnance but not the distance die.

Machine God's Blessing: Negates the effect of lance weapons.

Anti-Tank Rounds: Gives a Leman Russ Battle Tank a non-ordnance shot that hits with normal BS and rolls 2d6 + Strength for armor penetration.

Referee's Note -
The rules for Armoured Companies can be found on the UK Games Workshop site, under the Chapter Approved Articles.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hmmmm it would be an intresting battle but I will have to say "Space marines". The dreadnoughts will messs the guard up and the fact that theres like 8-9 assault cannons... Well the rending will render the tanks useless *cheesy laugh*...

·
Registered
656 Posts
i vote space marines

-the scouts are completely useless
-also, the 13 asaualt cannons will rip through those russes, killing an average 4 of the first shooting phase
-leman russes arent that effective at killing dreads and land speeders.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I vote space marines:

There simply are too many assault cannons and too few russes. They'll slaughter them. But for the record, that's 15, not 13 assault cannons

As for fluff though, I thoroughly vote armored company, since each of those dreads are supposed to be rediculously rare and there's 6 of them. Not at all fluffy

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
Armoured Company

If the Guard get first turn, a lot of Dreads are going down. Also, those Land Speeders have to remain near eachother, so an Ordnance shot to them is sure to kill at least one. Too much Ordnance for the Space Marines to handle, as long as the Guard player ignores the Scouts.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
I vote Space Marines

Although it would be a VERY close game, and I think it would basically be whoever got first turn would win. I say marines in the end due to the Land Speeders. the AC has no real way of taking them down.

·
Registered
830 Posts
DOn't forget that the dreadnaughts also have Strength 10 powerweapons. The amount of assault cannon death will be 2 much for the armoured company. OR willl it. the armoured company has so much anti-tank that a lot of those guys will be going down. Almost all the tanks have anti-tank rounds (read the explanation) ITs far to much for dreadnaughts and speeders.
I vote armoured company

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
15 Assault Cannon, 60 shots. 40 hit. 6's to rend Russes=6.66. 3's to penetrate after that 4.44 penetrated Russ.

Average 2 destroyed. 1 immobile, 1 lost a gun. At least 4 not shooting back.

Sentinals are easy LST meat. The vanquisher still needs an average of 4 penetrates to kill 1 Ven Dread.

Space Marines

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The assault cannon statistics do not lie. The BA will kill off quite a few tanks after a couple turns. While the AC have some hefty pie plates, the speeders can fly around and rend the rear or side armour. The speeders will also come in handy when the last few turns arrive and table quarters need to be claimed.

I vote for SM.

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
I vote Space Marines. But only by a little bit.

The scouts will certainly have the ability to take out the storm troopers and maybe one vehicle with concentrated sniper fire, and the dreadnoughts, while stomping forward, will take a lot of fire but should be able to take the shots - the demolisher is the main thing to worry about. Those land speeders, if they deep strike, will make a mess of the sentinels with massed assault cannon and heavy bolter fire, and while they will suffer heavy damage from the heavy bolters of the tanks, the two-pronged assault the armoured company will be experiencing will annihilate it - it simply isn't numerous enough to cover two fronts.

LoC

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Space Marines for the mission due to the amount of Assault cannons on the table.

While I think a lot of the SM vehicles will be going down, its just easier to hide speeders and Dreadnoughts behind area cover and then pull them out to rend away on your turn than it is to hide a Russ to do something similar.(Just the simple sizes of the models.)

Armoured company for the fluff because that SM list is truly broken.

Unless they were fighting at their home base or something the SMs have risked the wisdom of several times several millenia(Dreadnought pilots are already ancient veterans.

Venerable Dreadnoughts are even more so X9) combined in dreadnoughts and back them up with a few recruits.(Ie: scouts.)

Heh. Mind you, I think the list would look awesome because dreadnoughts rock.

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
I vote Space Marines for the mission

That sheer volume of Assault Cannons will destroy those tanks.

I vote Imperial Guard for the fluff

The Ravenwing force just isn't that fluffy mainly because of all those dreads.

Ben

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.