Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see [url=http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/t57616-40k-votewar-mkiii-info-thread.html]this thread[/URL] on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Seek and Destroy

Tau

Headquarters - 216 points
Shas'O:
Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Multi Tracker

Shas'O:
Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Multi Tracker

Elites - 338 points
XV8 team leader:
Twin linked Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Hard-wired Multitracker

XV8 team leader:
Twin linked Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Hard-wired Multitracker

Stealth Team Squad – Six (6) men
Six (6) armed with Burst Cannons

Troops - 608 points
Fire Warriors Team – Twelve (12) men
Eleven (11) armed with Pulse Rifles
Shas'Ui: Pulse Rifle

Devilfish: Decoy Launchers; Burst Cannon

Kroot Carnivore Squad – Nineteen (19) men
Nineteen (19) armed with Kroot Rifles

Fast Attack – 192 points
Gun Drone Squadron - Eight (8) men
Eight (8) armed with Twin-linked Pulse Carbines

Gun Drone Squadron - Eight (8) men
Eight (8) armed with Twin-linked Pulse Carbines

Heavy Support - 495
Hammerhead:
Railgun, Two (2) Burst Cannons, Multi-Tracker, Decoy launchers

Hammerhead:

Hammerhead:

Tactics:
The non Devilfish equiped Firewarriors and the kroot are used as a firebase with the Devilfish & Firewarriors being used as a mobile reserve to either support the FW with firepower or to tank shock any units getting close, the DF can also be used to FOF or to take objectives.
The 2 Shas'O use the drone squads as protection using the full encirclement tactic, this allows them to hunt down armour and tough units while being reasonably safe from retaliation.
The other two XV8's hunt armour and all 4 XV8's help to distract fire as they cannot be ignored, being lone suits they help to dilute firepower as well.
The Stealths are a distraction and harrasment unit working on the flanks and are primarily infantry and HQ hunter.
The Hammerhaeds are primarily infantry hunters but can be used for armour.
The list works because it splits fire and is also hard to combat tactically having both mobile and strong static elements, it works well in escalation and also is strong at take and hold and both defensive and offensive tactical variations.

------------------------------------------
Lord Kharnate’s Grand Assembly
World Eaters

Headquarters – 375 points
Chaos Lord Kharnate:
Mark of Khorne; Daemonic Stature; Daemonic Resilience; Daemonic Essence; Daemonic Strength; Berserker Glaive; Feel No Pain

Bloodthirster:
Monstrous Creature; Wings; Living Icon; Khornate Frenzy

Troops – 955 points
Khornate Berserkers Squad – Eight (8) men
Seven (7) armed with Chainaxes and Bolt Pistols; Frag Grenades
Aspiring Champion: Daemonic Vessel; Talisman of Burning Blood; Chainaxe and Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades

Seven (7) armed with Chainaxes and Bolt Pistols; Frag Grenades
Aspiring Champion: Powerfist and Bolt Pistol; Talisman of Burning Blood

Six (6) armed with Chainaxes and Bolt Pistols; Frag Grenades
One (1) armed with Plasma Pistol and Chainaxe; Frag Grenades
Aspiring Champion: Powerfist and Bolt Pistol; Talisman of Burning Blood

Aspiring Champion: Powerfist and Bolt Pistol

Aspiring Champion: Powerfist and Bolt Pistol; Melta Bombs; Talisman of Burning Blood

Heavy Support – 520 points
Defiler:
Destroyer (Dedicated to Khorne); Indirect Fire

Chaos Predator:
Destroyer (Dedicated to Khorne); Twin-linked Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour

Destroyer (Dedicated to Khorne); Twin-linked Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armour

Tactics:
Race up and blood rage all the way (hopefully) thanks to the Talismans of Burning Blood. The lord will remain near the troops if there are railguns so he cant be shot at. If not he will race up and tie up shooty units while the rest of the army adavances. Once close enough, up pops the bloodthirster and if even more cc support is needed the defilers there. Enemy armour will be taken care of as there are 2 monstorous creatures 2 predators, defiler and each aspiring champion has a power fist.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i vote World Eaters
-the predators and hammerhaeds would have a shooting battle, which the hammerheads would win, but not before the WE reached CC

-the rest of the tau army lacks enough anti-armor to take down the 5 charging squads, as well as the demon prince and bloodthirster, and as it;s not mounted, 1 of those squads could take out the whole army in CC

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I vote Tau

They can quickly take out the tanks and HQs that are deployed and though they will loose the grounded FW squads and the kroot squads, they can play keep away with the berserkers indefinitely, and they have enough firepower to wittle them down over time.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I vote Tau
First of all, the Railheads can instant kill the Daemon Prince. They can serve as bait for the berserkers, and they can take out the predators, while being fairly impervious to the Khornate forces (can only be glanced, need 6's to hit in cc).
Second, the gun drones can serve as bait for the infantry.
Third, with all that bait, the crisis suits will be fairly safe with jump-shoot-jump, and eat a squad or two.
Fourth, Fish of Fury will not only kill a few infantry but provide more bait.
Finally, all that small arms firepower will add up. Especially when it's str5 small arms fire.

The bloodthirster would certainly cause some havoc, but I think the Tau will be able to handle the losses it inflicts.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I vote Tau
The fire support for the WE would be quickly wiped out. This leaves the rest of the tau army the ability to wipe out the WE at their leisure, as the Hammerheads could play with the Blood Frenzy of the WE.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I vote Tau

The hover vehicles are going to mess with the Bezerker lines pulling them all sorts of directions that the Chaos player doesn't want to go. Buying time for them to simply shoot them to death. The lord is most likely to go down to 3 railgun shots. (each shot has a 28% chance of killing him.)

I see the Blood thirster causing trouble, and I admit the odd bezerker squad is going to connect with some tau/get a lucky hit with a powerfist on the skimmers. So it won't be a totaly slaughter, but I do give it a clear tau victory.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The WE are made for combat. Against almost any balanced army they prob have about a 60% chance of winning. However, not against an ultra-shooty army like this one. If all tau firepower is focused on the berzerkers, the main threat will be neutralised with in 2 turns. Though it breaks my chaos-corrupted heart...

I vote for Tau.

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
Tau

Three Hammerheads is too much for any Space Marine army, unless you pack many Lascannons. Which the WE don't.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
World Eaters

Railguns aren't as good as you might think against Space Marines. They can kill 3 a turn with solid shots, or about the same with submunitions, as it's only AP4. If any of the aspiring champions get into combat, they'll basically kill the entire squad, and move through the army. And if the bloodthirster gets there, as well as the daemon prince, the Tau have no chance at all.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Well the mission states that the winner is the one with the most scoring units left at the end of the game right?

So, while it will be a bloodbath, especially once the DP and the Bloodthirster get in, how many actual scoring units will be left?

The Predators and Defilers had better be priority targets for the Tau, so I'd assume that they will get killed.

I think most of the firewarriors will be dead by the end of the game, along with the kroot.

Here's what I think will be left at the end.

1-2 Hammerheads. At least one will die to a lucky lascannon shot if nothing else and I'm sure another will catch a DP or BT. 1-2 scoring units.

All the Tau foot soldiers will be remnants at most. At most maybe 1 scoring unit will be left of them, probably the one with the fish.

The Stealth suits should live if the player keeps them out of harms way.

The gun drones will probably have to go in to take their shots and then get turned into scrap metal.

I don't think that ICs count as scoring units, so we have maybe 3-5 scoring units on the Tau side left.

For the World Eaters, Bloodthirster, DP, and probably the ACs of the Berserker squads will survive.

Again, as far as I know ICs or the Bloodthirster are not scoring units.

Maybe enough berserkers will survive to make 2-3 scoring units.

So, due to the mission, I'm going to go for Tau to win, although I think that there will be more actual points of WEs left at the end of the game.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Grey said:
Again, as far as I know ICs or the Bloodthirster are not scoring units.
ICs never count as a scoring unit. The Bloodthirster also counts as an Independant Character, so he will never score Victory Points either. If either take a single wound, then the opponent can claim half victory points. If they're dead, falling back, or removed from play, then the opponent scores full Victory Points.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.