Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see [url=http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/t57616-40k-votewar-mkiii-info-thread.html]this thread[/URL] on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Seek and Destroy

Karellian Ice Giants, Elements of the 1st and 7th Company
Space Wolves

Headquarters – 544 points
Company Commander Alexandrovitch Kasparov (Wolf Lord):
Space Marine Bike, Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Belt of Russ, Two (2) Karellian Bear Dogs (Counts as Fenrisian Wolves)

Wolf Guard Battle Leader: Space Marine Bike, Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Two (2) Karellian Bear Dogs (Counts as Fenrisian Wolves)

Space Wolf Venerable Dreadnought Grigorii Mishkiin:
Extra Armour, Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod (Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnoughts are costlier and stronger, with higher WS, BS, and Attacks.)

Elite – 170 points
Space Wolf Scouts squad – Seven (7) men
Three (3) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
Two (2) armed with Bolt Pistol and Power weapons
One (1) armed with Meltagun
Wolf Guard Leader: Wolf Tooth Necklace; Power Fist and Bolt Pistol

Troops – 660 points
Blood Claws Pack – Ten (10) men
Seven (7) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
Two (2) armed with Bolt Pistol and Power Fists
One (1) armed with flamer
Drop Pod

Blood Claws Pack – Ten (10) men
Seven (7) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
One (1) armed with flamer
Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters Pack – Ten (10) men
Five (5) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
Two (2) armed with Plasma Pistol and CCW
One (1) armed with Melta gun
Drop Pod

Fast Attack – 330 points
Blood Claw Bikers Pack – Five (5) men
Two (2) armed with CCW
Two (2) armed with Power Fists
One (1) armed with Flamer
(Joined by Wolf Lord)

Blood Claw Bikers Pack – Five (5) men
Three (3) armed with CCW
Two (2) armed with Power Fists
(Joined by Wolf Guard Leader)

Heavy Support – 150 points
Whirlwind:
Vengeance Missiles

Whirlwind:
Vengeance Missiles

---------------------------------------

Tyranids

Headquarters – 196 points
Hive Tyrant:
Two (2) Twin-Linked Devourers; Enhanced Senses; Toxin Sacs; Winged; Warp Field

Elites – 308 points
Warriors Brood – Four (4) bugs
All have Enhanced Senses; Extended Carapace; Toxin Sacs
Three (3) armed with Deathspitters and Scything Talons
One (1) armed with Venom Cannon and Scything Talons

Warriors Brood – Four (4) bugs
All have Enhanced Senses; Extended Carapace; Toxin Sacs
Three (3) armed with Deathspitters and Scything Talons
One (1) armed with Venom Cannon and Scything Talons

Troops – 744 points
Hormagaunts Brood – Sixteen (16) bugs
All have Adrenal Glands: WS; Scything Talons; Leaping

Hormagaunts Brood – Sixteen (16) bugs
All have Adrenal Glands: WS; Scything Talons; Leaping

Genestealers Brood – Ten (10) bugs
All have Extended Carapace; Rending Claws

Termagaunts Brood – Sixteen (16) bugs
All have Fleshborers

Termagaunts Brood – Sixteen (16) bugs
All have Fleshborers

Fast Attack – 126 points
Ravener Brood – One (1) bug
One (1) armed with Scything Talons, Rending Claws and Spinefists

One (1) armed with Scything Talons, Rending Claws

One (1) armed with Scything Talons, Rending Claws

Heavy Support – 476 points
Carnifex:
Enhanced Senses; Extended Carapace; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon

Carnifex:
Enhanced Senses; Extended Carapace; Barbed Strangler; Venom Cannon

Zoanthropes Brood – Two (2) bugs
Two (2) with Synapse Creature, Warp Blast, The Horror, Warp Field

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Wow. That'd be one hell of a battle.

I'm going to wait to vote until I look up exactly what that mission means.

Fluffwise I'm going to go with Tyranids here though, mainly because while drop pods are now legal for space wolves to take, its still unusual.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hmmm I will go "space wolfs" there is no broodlord and the bikers can take care of the fexs ( 3 power fists). And the whirlwind can mess up the gaunts.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i vote space wolves
-the nid player has taken a basically shooting nid list against a very deadly SW list, and as almost none of their guns can pierce armor, the SW will win.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I vote space wolves: that much powerstuff can destroy the warriors, and the whirlwinds can easily hurt the gaunts. Bikers tangle with fexes. Generally, this would be assuming alot, but the nids aren't very good in cc, so generally, the wolves will beat them.

Spongebob, you have to bold your vote

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Space Wolvies

If the Big Bugs were more orientated towards close combat, I'd vote Nids, but because they're shooting, I vote for the Wolvies. The genestealers could cause problems, but will ultimately be gunned down by anything, because they will be a prime target. And the Hormagaunts aren't numerous enough to do any real damage.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Space pups.

The nids cannot amtch the wolves in combat. Plus, their shooting cannot be relied on. Whirlwind = piles of dead litle bugs. Not only will the SW shooting carry the day, but the superior cc ability will smash the weakened squads.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Well. I'm going to vote for the Ice Giants for the mission, but only barely for these reasons.

(Using SW abbreviations to save on confusion since Ice Giants shortened becomes IG.)

The Space Wolf venerable dreadnought being the king of cheese, in addition to being hard to kill and having better stats than usual for regular venerable dreadnoughts, also allows the SW player to reroll the dice to see who goes first. If they get to go first, thats essentially an extra round where the Whirlwinds can fire.

1. The Tyranid army will initially only be facing the Whirlwinds, the bikes and maybe the scouts if the SW player decides to put them on the board instead of coming from behind.

2. So the tyranids will advance foward towards these models taking template damage, with the faster Tyrant, guants, Raveners and genestealers running on ahead of the Carnifexes and Warriors.

3.When the Drop pods come in, if the SW player is smart, they will enagage the rear of the Tyranid force where the slow moving Carnifexes and Warriors are and with their power fists be able to to deal with them before the faster moving tyranids can turn around to engage them at the same time. Although the Carnifexes and Warriors are dangerous, they just can't take that many power fists.

4. The biggest threat to the SWs are the Genestealers and the flying Tyrant, but a bike squad lead by a SW character should be able to reach and deal with the tyrant although the Tyrant would certainly kill some of them due to its initiative. The genestealers will have to be focussed upon by the SWs firepower as much as possible.

5. Once the Tyrant and Warriors are dead, the Tyranids will suffering from instinctive behaviour leaving basically Ravagers and the remnants of the genestealers to do the real damage to the SW force.

6. Since the mission gives extra victory points to surviving scoring units, it will remain a close fought battle due to the Tyranids greater number of units.

I think this battle would be bloody as hell for both sides, and I give the SW the slight advantage due to their tactical advantage in speed and deployment from the Drop Pods and bikes.

So. Karellian Ice Giants for the mission., but Tyranids for the fluff as stated in my first post.

And I have to admit that evryone coming down so strongly for the space wolves for the win really helped convince me that they would in fact succeed here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.