Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Don't mean to be rude, but I'm not sure that dragons really fit in that well with 40K in general, let alone Orks...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes, but that's GW fluff, generally to be discounted at every possible opportunity. ;)

I apologise if I am wrong, it just doesn't seem to me as if they suit 40K. I'm still not sure about Orks being able to field them, unless they happen to be easily tameable or fungi, they probably wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Maybe for feral Orks on an Eldar exodite world....But not for a regular Ork army...WAAAGH!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sounds good, I like the grot idea...gotta love em...WAAAGH! da grots.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
well, The teeth on kharn's Chain-axe is made of teeth from mica dragons on some planet i cant remember....
From the mica dragons on "Luther Mcintyre"

I can't see anything wrong in adding a wyvern in 40k, just think of it the galaxy isn't exaclty populated entirely of gunslinging men and women... and orks.
Just make sure you make the Wyvern playable, as in not overpowering ***** with 124 THOUSAND attacks and 34 str!!...sorry...
Just make him playable... as in "ok I can go with that", commented by your opponent.
But try to make him orky the 40k way!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay!!! I'm home!!! Here are the rules!! :

Space Ork Wyvern 0-1

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
5 0 9 6 4 4 3 7 5+

Lead along: The Wyvern is accompanied by a group of five to eight Gretchin slaves. The squad also must include a slaver. He may be given any equipment allowed from the Ork armory.

Wings: The Wyvern has an enormous pair of dragon-like wings that it uses to glide over the battlefield. Therefore, it ignores all terrain and counts impassable terrain as difficult terrain. It also may move 12" a turn and assault the normal 6".

Savage nature: At the beginning of each Ork turn, a leadership test must be made against the Slaver's leadership value. Follow results on table below:

1-7 The test is passed and the Wyvern is commanded as normal

8-10 The Wyvern becomes furious and moves on its own will. Roll 2D6 and a scatter dice to determine where it moves. A result of ‘hit’ is re-rolled.

11-12 The Wyvern goes berserk and decides it’s very hungry! Remove one of the Gretchin slaves as a casualty. For the next turn, the Gretchin continue to try and control the Wyvern. It may not be used for that turn.

“Bye, Bye!� : If all the Gretchin slaves and Slaver are destroyed, the Wyvern is removed from the battlefield as it sees no logical reason to be there without its controllers. Its counts as destroyed for Victory Points purposes.

Weapon options: The Wyvern’s squad may include a Gretchin armed with a big shoota for 20 points, a rocket launcher for 30 points, or a flamethrower for 40 points. The weapon uses the Gretchin’s BS to fire.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Looks fine, barring Savage Nature. I think it should be the Slaverz leadership that is tested against and, if he fails, you roll on the table you included.

What do others think?

·
Registered
377 Posts
You could edit the profile you have already posted to reflect that...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I still think that the table should only be rolled on if the Slaver fails his Ld roll...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not a bad idea, but there are some flaws in your rules (no offense). First of all, yes the wyvern does have wings, but the grots don't. The 12" move represents the wyvern flying across the field, and (i think) the grots holding on for dear life. I think there should be some rule for their landing, like "roll a D6 for every remaining grot, on a roll of 1 the grot is killed, and the model is removed (just imagine that the wyvern crushed it under it's foot or something), for victory point purposes the grot counts as destroyed".

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Boy do I feel stooopid!!! :blink: The Wyvern Itself will cost about 70 points (is that about right?) and the slaver will cost the usual nine and can only take the typical Slaver equipment. The Grots the normal 3 points each. 70 points is about right, i think because its a completely random figure and doesn't always do what its told (typical Orky attitude).

·
Registered
8 Posts
70 points... hmmm? That's the same as a Ork Dreadnought. I think thats a little low, but it's just my opinion. I feel that the wyvern is superior to a dreadnought and should have a higher point value. Something like 90.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah, but you know vaguely what a Dread is planning on doing in the near future. A Wyvern can go mental at any point, especially when rolling against an Ork's Ld,

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.