Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Don't think so. I heard somebody talk about this but I doubt it's true, there's nothing wrong with SM at the moment, but there are a lot of races that could use a make-over, SoB being the most obvious as they don't even have a codex!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Actually, I think they might. If anything it may not really be 'new' just a consolidation of the many new rules SM picked up over the years. It would be nice to have a product with the invulnerable rule for termies, and the new changes to 'They Shall Know No Fear' rules in one book.

I know that the new printings of the Dark Eldar have updated costs and rules for them. Hopefully thay will do the same for SM. Searching through several books for a rules query is no fun.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hell yeah!!!

I haven't heard anything about this at all. And to be honest, I don't think they will. And it certainly won't be 4th edition, as they are still playtesting and adjusting most of those rules (they have released some to the public, but these are in a very early stage of development).

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
It'll be a long time before we see a fourth edition, if they want to make more drastic changes they'd have to redo every single codex. Considering the fact that we saw a number of new codexes last year I doubt they'd want to redo those as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There might be a new codex coming out for a specific chapter - I heard they might be redoing the old blood + dark angels codices soon

grr...weakling loyalists...

·
Registered
52 Posts
The impression that I got was that this would be like a bigger and better Index Astartes - like a codex: first founding or something, with rules for the other loyalist FF chapters

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I haven't heared any thing about this yet the SM codex is one of the best out there! they realy should sort the SoB codex out but you can't complain when we have codex Deamon Hunters!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Usually I know what time it is when I hear a rumour from a someone who's friend knows a guy who works in a GW store :roll: . No offense.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Usually I know what time it is when I hear a rumour from a someone who's friend knows a guy who works in a GW store :roll: . No offense.
Yeah, I was thinking more about the popularity of marines more than anything he says, the guy is constantly spewing s***

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hehe. Well I don't know if they release codexes for the most popular armies first, I think SM would've gotten a new one before CSM if that was true.

·
Registered
295 Posts
change the good old BA codex? and why change the SM codex? (hope it won't affect many stuff.. so we have to buy more...) where did u get all this?

·
Registered
131 Posts
The info I got was that there will eventually be two codicies for space marines coming out. The current one will be slightly revised and become codex ultramarines, and a new codex or add on section will cover rules for creating your own chapter. I think this is still over a year away. I can't wait until they make loyalists better, especially now that chaos got mighty with their new codex.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Codex Ultramarines??? Arent they supposed to follow the normal SM Codex?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.