Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Returning Lawman!
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok i am going to begin building my fourth carnifex soon and was confused on which biomorphs i should put on him. My current 'Fexes Are:

1: Heavy Support Shooty 'Fex:
Venom Cannon
Barbed Strangler
Enhanced Senses
Extended Carapace
Reinforced Chitin
Bonded Exoskeleton

2: Heavy Support Cc 'Fex:
Crushing claws (Probably going to change for Scything Talons)
Scything Talons
Tusked
Toxin Miasma
Reinforced Chitin
Extended Carapace
Bonded Exoskeleton
Scythe Tail
Toxin Sacs

3: Elite 'Dakka' 'Fex:
Twin Linked Devourer
Twin Linked Devourer
Enhanced Senses

So does anyone have any idea on what i should make my final carnifex as? E.g. Heavy support shooty with twin linked Venom Cannon etc.
Thanks

R1p70r​

· Registered
173 Posts
I too have 4 Carni in my army. The list I have is 2 Dakka, 1 Screamer Killer. and 1 w/ V.C. TL Dev, TS, ES and reinforced chitin. I have found this to be verry effective.

But for your fourth Fex I would suggest another Dakka.

Oh and on the CC fex I would Change To ST instead of the Crushing Claws.

· Returning Lawman!
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I like idea of the second Dakka and just thought... i also have in my army a hive tyrant with Venom Cannon and Tl Devourers... any ideas on what i should do to modify him? i would rather not take wings as it will mean spending out more money and for my fast Synapse i have winged Cc Warriors.

· Registered
48 Posts
R1p70r said:
i also have in my army a hive tyrant with Venom Cannon and Tl Devourers... any ideas on what i should do to modify him? i would rather not take wings as it will mean spending out more money and for my fast Synapse i have winged Cc Warriors.
I would probably just remove the wings and keep the venom cannon and twin-linked devourers on your hive tyrant. You could also give him a tyrant guard for the same amount of points or even two if you have some extra points. With respect to bimorphs, I would just give it enhanced senses, toxin sacs and some close combat biomorphs only if you have some extra points. This would give you a very durable unit with some solid ranged firepower.

Hope that helps

Reactions: Riptor

· Returning Lawman!
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OT5 said:
I would probably just remove the wings and keep the venom cannon and twin-linked devourers on your hive tyrant. You could also give him a tyrant guard for the same amount of points or even two if you have some extra points. With respect to bimorphs, I would just give it enhanced senses, toxin sacs and some close combat biomorphs only if you have some extra points. This would give you a very durable unit with some solid ranged firepower.

Hope that helps
It already has a guard i was saying about dropping the guard and going for wings... but after reading your post i like the idea of just staying with my tyrant the way it is. I may buy a second tyrant guard soon (After i get my gargoyles) And will then probably start on a second army (As i have all but filled my force organisation chart and most other people i know that collect warhamer 40k anve two or three armies minimal. Thank you all for the help on this topic, It has given me alot to think about on the biomorphs of my army.

· Registered
48 Posts
Sorry about the misinterpretation of your post. I thought you meant your hive tyrant had wings but you would rather not use them due to point/cost limitations.

Glad I was still able to be of some help though.

· Returning Lawman!
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem, Thank you very much for the help and advice that you have gave me. I have decided to make a second 'Dakka' 'Fex and leave my tyrant the way he is.

· Registered
954 Posts
If you're going with a shooty HT the one you have is perfect. VC/DEV HT hit hard and surprise everyone with their 3 VC shots. Bye bye speeders and light vehicles. If you're going with a shooty HT I would definitely take one tyrant guard as a shield. Not only does it provide a good damage shield but it also makes people think twice about charging your shooty HT.

If you want a close combat madhouse then go for a CC HT with wings. My SC/SC winged HT has never failed me. I found a cheaper option for wings by searching Toys 'R Us one day. I bought a dragon action figure and ripped off the wings. They were the perfect size for my HT and highly detailed for less than $10. That beats $12 plus $7 shipping from GW.

· Registered
350 Posts
I usually (1600 point games and above) use three carnifexes (names linked to images):

Ymir (in progress of being painted)
Venom cannon, barbed strangler, enhanced senses, reinforced chitin.

Gamera
Barbed strangler, twin-linked devourer, adrenal Glands (WS), enhanced senses, reinforced chitin, spine banks, tail weapon-mace, toxic miasma.

Garthim
Venom cannon, crushing claws, adrenal glands (I), adrenal glands (WS), enhanced senses, flesh hooks, reinforced chitin, tail weapon-mace, toxic miasma, tusked.

Ymir is your standard gunfex, which is highly effective in pretty much every battle.

Gamera is there to kill infantry and threaten light and medium armor. He does superb pretty much every time. I have seen him kill off entire squads with one turn of shooting.

Garthim is just plain fun. As he stomps forward he can help suppress tanks with his venom cannon. When he gets to the action he is terrifying, mostly because I keep doing good with my 1d6 rolls for the crushing claws. And I am really happy with how the conversion turned out.

· Registered
903 Posts
Redundancy is your friend... I'd do a direct copy of #1 (or even a slightly cheaper version with VC, BS, Enhanced Senses, and Reinforced Chitin). It gives your opponant two targets to shoot at... and so losing one isn't a huge loss to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.