Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thread on GW forums led me to think about this. A guy was going through his miniatures and said he found 60 terminators and asked what he could do with them.

Now, I don't know how SM units are built, but for DH armies you can technically field 50 terminators.

HQ1: GK terminator Hero + 9 terminators in retinue
HQ2: GK terminator Hero + 9 terminators in retinue
Elite1: GK terminator brother-captain + 9 terminators
Elite2: GK terminator brother-captain + 9 terminators
Elite3: GK terminator brother-captain + 9 terminators
Troop1: Justicar + 4 GK in power armor
Troop2: Justicar + 4 GK in power armor

Of course, a very expensive point army, even just selecting only terminator brother-captains (no 145 point Grand Masters):
475 points for each terminator squad (HQ and Elite)
475 * 5 = 2375 points
Troop units are 150 each, 150 x 2 = 300
Total = 2675 points.

Or, making both Heroes into GM Heroes
Total = 2843 points

Interesting, eh?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd have to double-check my rulebook, but I believe Grey Knights can always Deep Strike (if the have Deep strike capability, aka Terminator or Fast Attack) even if the scenario does not normally allow Deep Strike. Thus, all of them could Deep Strike. Of course, leaving the 2 small GK in power armor troops units to face the wrath of their enemies for a couple turns. hehe.

I had been mistaken with the original list. GK Heroes are 0-1, So, only 40 Terminators possible (still a lot!)

HQ1: GK terminator Hero + 9 terminators in retinue
Elite1: GK terminator brother-captain + 9 terminators
Elite2: GK terminator brother-captain + 9 terminators
Elite3: GK terminator brother-captain + 9 terminators
Troop1: Justicar + 4 GK in power armor
Troop2: Justicar + 4 GK in power armor

1900 pts in Terminators (for 40 terminators)
300 pts for Troop GK in power armor

2200 pts
add 84 points to make your Hero a GM.
Total 2284 points.
Or Heck, throw in another 2 squads of GK (make 'em fast attack!) to total 2500 points. This would give 50 Deep Striking units with storm bolters and S6 weapons (mostly power weapons too!).

·
Registered
178 Posts
yup but heres how you make the entire army com off the table.... 2 storm troop squads in valkyries... they are transport options for any stormtroop sqd. and let us not forget dreadnought drop pods! hahah btw any terminator/fast attack can ALWAYS deepstrike.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Forget Eldar. An IG player with several Basilisks would blast you off the face of the Earth, especially if they added massed infantry to prevent you from deepstriking near them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.