Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is my first EC list. I don't have any of the model's, so feel free to rip this list to shreds!:yes:

Chaos Lord-161
+MoS
+Dark Blade
+Combat Drugs
+D Aura
+D Strength
+Infiltrate

5xNoise Marines-162
+MoS
+3xBolters
+Blastmaster
+Plasma Gun
+Tank Hunter
++Free AC
+++Power Weapon
+++Free BP
+++Infiltrate

5xNoise Marines-162
+MoS
+2xBolt Pistol and CCW
+Sonic Blaster
+2xMeltagun
+Infiltrate
++Free AC
+++Power Weapon
+++Plasma Pistol
+++Infiltrate

Now for 1000 points I add the following:

2xNoise Marine Bikers-167
+MoS
+2xMeltaguns
++AC
+++Power Fist
+++Sonic Blasters

Chaos Defiler-195
+Indirect Fire
+Dedication to Slaanesh

9xDeamonettes-135

The units are self explanitory. Lord hunts HQs, Noise Marines with Tank Hunters hunt armour, Infiltrators slap around enemy troops. The bikers bomb the Deamonettes, while the Defiler provides fire support. Thanks in adavance!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Novelizer said:
Chaos Lord-161
+MoS
+Dark Blade
+Combat Drugs
+D Aura
+D Strength
+Infiltrate
I'm assuming this guy has a bolt pistol? At 500 points a 160 point Lord seems excessive to me, I'd see if I could try and cut him down a bit. Daemonic Strength AND a Dark Blade is inefficient, unless you fight Nurgle or something generally S6 is as good as you'll need. I'd also drop Combat Drugs particularly, to me they are great, but not at this level of points. Give him Meltabombs if your that worried about tanks.

Novelizer said:
5xNoise Marines-162
+MoS
+3xBolters
+Blastmaster
+Plasma Gun
+Tank Hunter
++Free AC
+++Power Weapon
+++Free BP
+++Infiltrate
Right, I see what you've tried to do here - create a mini-havoc squad with tank-hunters and the Blast-master. Problem is Noise Marines are too expensive for such a role, and having infiltrate means you don't need to (and a Lascannon would have been the better choice). Swap the weapons out for a pair of meltaguns and use them to take down any vehicles.
Second of all Tank-hunters has to go. Having 2 veteran skills is quite excessive for a start, how many big tanks are you expecting at 500 points? This means you can use BP+CCW and get to use MoS properly.

Novelizer said:
5xNoise Marines-162
+MoS
+2xBolt Pistol and CCW
+Sonic Blaster
+2xMeltagun
+Infiltrate
++Free AC
+++Power Weapon
+++Plasma Pistol
+++Infiltrate
Same recommendations as the other squad really, this one is much better though. I've never liked Plasma Pistols, so if your prepared to drop it do so (however this one is just opinion, rather than recommendation) You only ever really use them if your in range to charge something and so your probably only going to fire one shot before you get tied up. You can nearly buy another marine for the same cost, which myself I'd rather have. Finally make the Power weapon a Power fist. The fist is so much better, and your going to need it to take out Dreadnoughts, Monstrous Creatures etc.

Novelizer said:
2xNoise Marine Bikers-167
+MoS
+2xMeltaguns
++AC
+++Power Fist
+++Sonic Blasters
No problem here. Cut Sonic Blasters on the AC if you need to find some points. All it does is give you an extra shot, no great loss.

Novelizer said:
Chaos Defiler-195
+Indirect Fire
+Dedication to Slaanesh
Expensive. While Defilers are great, I'd hang fire till you get to slightly bigger points. You really lack troops, this is where you need to spend points. After all, think about what the alternatives are you could get, another 2 squads of Daemonettes, a big squad of Noise Marines. I'd use the points and instead of taking it have another squad of noise marines infiltrating with a pair of Meltaguns.

If you going to take it anyway, I'd recommend if your going to upgrade to take Mutated Hull over Dedication to Slaneesh. Not that Dedication to Slaneesh is bad (it's great), but you really need that extra survivability.

Novelizer said:
9xDeamonettes-135
Great.

Please don't think that I'm writing your list for you (I'm not in the habit of that), but on this occasion I've made so many comments it might be easier to sum them up in that form. So basically these are the changes I'd make, feel free to take on/ignore as many as you want.

Lord of Slaneesh, Infiltrate, Dark Blade, Bolt Pistol 96pts

6 Noise Marines 167pts
2 Meltaguns
AC with Powerfist
Infiltrate

6 Noise Marines 167pts
2 Meltaguns
AC with Powerfist
Infiltrate

Now you have 78 points left over? The is yours, though personally I'd throw in:

5 Daemonettes

Now you have a mini-daemon bomb too :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to use Dark Blade, D. Strength, and Combat Drugs to reach the magic IK number. But, you are right, that was too many points.

I like the suggestions for a 500 points list, so I will keep that.:yes:

Now: for 1000

Chaos Lord:166
+Melta Bombs
+D. Aura
+D. Speed
+Combat Drugs
+Dark Blade
+Infiltrate

5xNoise Marines-167
+2xMeltagun
+3xBP&CCW
+Infiltrate
++Free Aspiring Champion
+++Power Fist
+++BP
+++Infiltrate

5xNoise Marines-167
+2xMeltagun
+3xBP&CCW
+Infiltrate
++Free Aspiring Champion
+++Power Fist
+++BP
+++Infiltrate

Chaos Predator-158
+TL Lascannon
+HB Sponsons
+Extra Armour
+D. Possesion

2xNoise Marine Bikers-162
+2xMeltagun
++Aspiring Champion
+++Power Fist

6x Deamonettes-90

6x Deamonettes-90

PS: This list is just for fun as I have 2 other armies for real play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts