Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Key: Black 500pt core, 750pt add ons, 1000pt add ons, Italics are for optional seperate 1000pt army or to be combined with Army A to form a 2000 pt army.

Feel Free to leave comments as they are much appreciated. This is the current army im building to be used in tournaments. Also this is my fluff army as each tournament game will be an influence on this army's fluff.

Without Further Adeu I Present to you Craftworld Isha's Seed's Hand of Khaine! :dance:

-----------------------------------------------
1000pt Army A, Isha's Seed
Total Points (997)

Farseer 83pts-HQ
Farseer

Wargear: Ghosthelm, Shuriken pistol,
Whitch Blade

Powers: Doom

Dire Avengers A 322pts-Troop
Avengerx9
Exarchx1

WarGear: Shimmershield, Powerweapon
Power:Bladestorm, Defend

Transport: Wave Serpent

Wargear: TL Bright Lance
TL Shuriken Catapults

Upgrades: Spirit Stones

Dire Avengers B 322pts-Troop
Avengerx9
Exarchx1

WarGear: Shimmershield, Powerweapon
Power:Bladestorm, Defend

Transport: Wave Serpent

Wargear: TL Bright Lance
TL Shuriken Catapults

Upgrades: Spirit Stones

War Walker Squadron 270pts-Heavy
War Walkerx3
Rules: Scouts

Wargear: Bright Lance, Starcannon,
Spirit Stones

1000pt Army B, Isha's Seed
(972)

Autarch 130pts - HQ

Autarch

Wargear: Shuriken pistol, plasma grenades,
haywire grenades, forceshield, Jetbike,
Laser lance, Fusion gun

Shining Spears 252pts - Fast Attack
SSx4
Exarch

Wargear: Jet Bikes, TL-Shurken Catapults,
Laser Lances
Exarch Wargear: Jet Bike, Star Lance,
Shuriken Cannon
Exarch Powers: Skilled Rider, Withdraw

Guardian Squad A 135pts-Troop
Guardian x 9
Warlock

WarGear: Singing Spear(Warlock), EML Platform
Power: Conceal

Guardian Squad B 135pts-Troop
Guardian x 9
Warlock

WarGear: Singing Spear(Warlock), EML Platform
Power: Conceal

Fire Prism A 160pts-Heavy
Fire Prism

Wargear: Prism Cannon, TL-Shuriken Catapults,
Holo-fields, spirit stones

Fire Prism B 160pts-Heavy
Fire Prism

Wargear: Prism Cannon, TL-Shuriken Catapults,
Holo-fields, spirit stones

·
1,249 Posts
Looking at Army A, shuriken cannons on wave serpents are worthless. Sure it is the cheapest option, but given the twin linked nature of the weapons you should probably put something worth while here. Or at least that has always been my belief.

Also, your warwalkers are poorly outfitted. Starcannons are worthless against tanks while bright lances are suboptimal against infantry.

Finally, your farseer is too expensive. Decide what you want him to do, and let him do it, don't try and have him do everything.

On your second army, you might consider replacing the fusion gun with a reaper cannon, it's more effective anti-infantry.

My only other concern is that you've got a huge number of points in one squad but as long as you manuver carefully and don't give them too much to handle (like assault termies) I think you will be fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
explanations #1

Looking at Army A, shuriken cannons on wave serpents are worthless. Sure it is the cheapest option, but given the twin linked nature of the weapons you should probably put something worth while here. Or at least that has always been my belief.
The fluff behind this army is to preserve as many eldar lives as possible. To show this i try to use the least amount of actual figures to achieve surgical results. I squeezed as much power out of each unit and seeing as the WS's are dedicated transports i thought it would be fitting to give them what is essentially a heavy bolter to barrage the enemy after it has deployed it's troops in the same fasion the troops it deployed will be doing. Also i plan to take advantage of the ramming capabilities of a cheap transport if it is beneficial to do so.

Also, your warwalkers are poorly outfitted. Starcannons are worthless against tanks while bright lances are suboptimal against infantry.
Seeing as the War Walkers ar a suppliment to the DA's i wanted to optimize them for anti armour. Using the Brightlances to nullify most armour i also used starcannons since they are more likely to kill the boys in blue on a wound since most woulndt get an armour save. Star cannons can also be beneficial against light vehicles and the rear armour of the heavier ones. Since they are scouts and move after deployment i thought i would take advantage of this.

Finally, your farseer is too expensive. Decide what you want him to do, and let him do it, don't try and have him do everything.
I can argue that the high points cost relates to the value of his life. Also this farseer's job is to aid the DA's traveling in one of the WS's at the 1000pt level to doom their foes at the front lines and to provide CC support incase of an assault.

On your second army, you might consider replacing the fusion gun with a reaper cannon, it's more effective anti-infantry.

I was intending the fusion gun to be more anti armour since the Autarch will be attaching himself to the SS. The guardians are to defend objectives and provide support while the Fire Prisms deliver death with the unfocused beam since if i contribute the beam of one onto the other the blast is increased in S as well as AP

My only other concern is that you've got a huge number of points in one squad but as long as you manuver carefully and don't give them too much to handle (like assault termies) I think you will be fine.
This is what im trying to accomplish the most. I got tired of playing marines where i could do anything and get away with it. If i make a mistake i want to pay the consequences :soldier:

·
1,249 Posts
The fluff behind this army is to preserve as many eldar lives as possible. To show this i try to use the least amount of actual figures to achieve surgical results. I squeezed as much power out of each unit and seeing as the WS's are dedicated transports i thought it would be fitting to give them what is essentially a heavy bolter to barrage the enemy after it has deployed it's troops in the same fasion the troops it deployed will be doing. Also i plan to take advantage of the ramming capabilities of a cheap transport if it is beneficial to do so.
If you're trying to preserve as many lives as possible why take guardians? Guardians are a militia, you don't use your militia for a surgical assault. Also, I'm not understanding your purpose in putting the worst gun available on the most accurate firing platform you possess.

Seeing as the War Walkers ar a suppliment to the DA's i wanted to optimize them for anti armour. Using the Brightlances to nullify most armour i also used starcannons since they are more likely to kill the boys in blue on a wound since most woulndt get an armour save. Star cannons can also be beneficial against light vehicles and the rear armour of the heavier ones. Since they are scouts and move after deployment i thought i would take advantage of this.
I'm not a fan of holding your list's only unit of anti-tank in reserve so that they can outflank on the hope that your anti-infantry guns will work on the back armor of a vehicle. Marines are versatile, Eldar are specialized. Making war walkers versatile makes them lack luster at best.

I can argue that the high points cost relates to the value of his life. Also this farseer's job is to aid the DA's traveling in one of the WS's at the 1000pt level to doom their foes at the front lines and to provide CC support incase of an assault.
Actually, no you can't, points are a non-entity and have no fluff basis, or do you believe far-seers to be as rare as the avatar of our god? If you plan to use him to doom, drop guide and the ghost helm and consider dropping fortune and spirit stones. You want to show how valuable his life is, make sure he lives through the fight.

I was intending the fusion gun to be more anti armour since the Autarch will be attaching himself to the SS. The guardians are to defend objectives and provide support while the Fire Prisms deliver death with the unfocused beam since if i contribute the beam of one onto the other the blast is increased in S as well as AP
I know the fusion gun is anti-armor and that the autarch willl be attaching himself to the SS, but seriously, do you want to risk allowing the SS not to enter close combat simply because the autarch rolled a 1 on his roll to shoot the unit's only anti-tank weapon at a land raider?

This is what im trying to accomplish the most. I got tired of playing marines where i could do anything and get away with it. If i make a mistake i want to pay the consequences :soldier:
If you say so.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're trying to preserve as many lives as possible why take guardians? Guardians are a militia, you don't use your militia for a surgical assault. Also, I'm not understanding your purpose in putting the worst gun available on the most accurate firing platform you possess.
Ill look into converting the guardians into DA's if i can. Mostly this was done as a supplement. Ill try to squeeze points out of somehwere.

I'm not a fan of holding your list's only unit of anti-tank in reserve so that they can outflank on the hope that your anti-infantry guns will work on the back armor of a vehicle. Marines are versatile, Eldar are specialized. Making war walkers versatile makes them lack luster at best.
What is a better way to use the walkers?

Actually, no you can't, points are a non-entity and have no fluff basis, or do you believe far-seers to be as rare as the avatar of our god? If you plan to use him to doom, drop guide and the ghost helm and consider dropping fortune and spirit stones. You want to show how valuable his life is, make sure he lives through the fight.
I am beginning to understand what you are saying. The ghost helm has no points cost it comes with the farseer. I could drop the stones and other two spells, which would free up points to use better weapons on the WS's Ill look into this and edit the list.

I know the fusion gun is anti-armor and that the autarch willl be attaching himself to the SS, but seriously, do you want to risk allowing the SS not to enter close combat simply because the autarch rolled a 1 on his roll to shoot the unit's only anti-tank weapon at a land raider?
Usually i would only use this if needed since i would have support from the fire prisms.

·
1,249 Posts
I like the changes. IMO a better way to use the walkers is to pick if you want them to be anti-infantry or anti-tank and equip them only for that, which generally means 2 of the same gun. Alternatively, if points are tight you might consider starcannon / scatterlaser, since they're both anti-infantry, not really sure I'd recommend that one though.

That aside, I like the list, I don't think the guardians are necessarilly bad, they just don't seem to fit your theme to me.

Just on a side note, you don't mention mandiblasters on the autarch, is this an oversite or are you out of points because an extra attack with him with a laser lance for that point cost is too good to pass up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes teh mandiblasters are an over sight. If i can afford to squeeze it in ill take them. I need to write in my fluff that the guardians of this craftworld are not common but are the eldar that are newly turning to the path of the warrior.

·
Registered
545 Posts
There arn't really "inductees" for Eldar my upstarting friend. The Guardians are those that are the artisans of your little world and it's only by the grace of their technology and superb natural reflexes that they are better than other races. (yes our common citizens will kick the ass of the Imperial guard's best troops but that's another story all together) Make no mistake, if an Eldar is an aspect warrior, he is a warrior through and through, while a guardian just goes to battle because the craftworld simply does not have enough real soldiers for any particular fight.

I havn't taken a look at this list fully yet cuz I'm kinda tired and just wanted to put that statement in. I'll take a look in the morning.

·
1,249 Posts
A note about aspect warriors, IIUC aspect warriors, upon dawning their mask, are infused with the spirit of khaine. (This fluff may be outdated though.)

You could, alternatively, say that your craftworld has never taken especially well to the path of the warrior and that there just are not enough aspect warriors to accomplish what you need so even for surgical strikes militia units are sometimes used.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats a viable option. I've been changing the B lsit to replace the guardians with DA, SS with Warp Spiders, adjusting the autarch to mach. If there is enough i would really enjoy squeezing swooping hawks into the mix as a harassing unit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts