Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. here's a list for you all to take and comment on as you please. The theme for this list is a boarding party from a larger ship, led by the Captain's first mate.. or.. whatever that equals to, in the Dark Elves rankings. ;)

Main enemies will be Dwarves (with a nasty CC Thane), Empire, and Lizardmen.. so.. hopefully it isn't too bad.. comments in blue:

Lords & Heroes

[1] Noble
+Crimson Death
+Heavy Armour
+Sea Dragon Cloak
+Shield
=117 points
I went with the Crimson Death for two things - fluff, and for his target, the Dwarf Thane, who has T5. The S6 will definitely help in this case. Fluffwise, I want him to be the suicidal/insane Captain's favourite who always leads boarding parties, who enjoys jumping to the enemy's ship and smashing all around with.. I don't know. A giant flail of some sort, maybe. ;) As for the Shield, it's mainly for shooting attacks. A 2+ vs. shooting is wonderful, and I can always revert back to using the Hand Weapon he's got if I want to use it in CC as well.

Core Units

[20] Corsairs
=200 points
What raider-themed army would leave these guys at home? I love the models, love the fluff, and they are the main CC force behind my army. They will run with the Noble for CC purposes, of course. Which would be preferred.. four ranks of five, or five ranks of four? Hmm.

[14] Warriors
+Repeater Crossbows
=182 points
Again.. to go with the theme, what boarding party would leap across without ranged covering fire? I think they fit in really well with the fluff.. two ranks of 7 should be good, when it comes to shooting. They will be there to harass the big enemy CC units, or to throw a hail of fire at the enemy's own shooting units.

Total = 499 points
Models = 35

And there you have it. A little boring, maybe, but is it effective at all? I'd like advice, of course, but in the end I'd like it to always fit to the theme I have for it.. a raider boarding party. :yes:

Appreciated in advance!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
stupidity just kicked in!
812 Posts
Dark Riders are better than warriors for a raiding theme fluff wise... but your warriors are better strategy wise.
I'd advice you to check the dark elf update un GWs uk website... warriors base cost is reduced by 2pts so you have more pts to play with. But anyway I'd give your warriors shields so they can effectively fight in close combat as well. Remove two warriors to buy a full command to your corsair unit and warbanner. I assume your noble will be in the corsair unit... then you can make them 19. With the 11pts left you can buy a crossbow for you noble.

Then your army will be:

Lords & Heroes

[1] Noble
+Crimson Death
+Heavy Armour
+Sea Dragon Cloak
+Reperater Crossbow
+Shield
=127 points

Core Units

[19] Corsairs
+Full Command
+Warbanner
=215 points

[12] Warriors
+Repeater Crossbows
+Shields
=132 points

Total = 499 points
Models = 32

Now your main is now pretty nasty as your corsairs gets a +2 to combat resolution and 1 more attack due to the champion. Your warriors not only are good at shooting but are capable in CC as well (reform to 4x3) with 4+Sv. Your noble can shoot at other units than your warriors... like smal scout units.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts