Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a themed CP I've been working on, based around the Alliance army from the show Firefly and the movie Serenity... let me know what you think. It's a slight bit lacking against MEQs, but I think it can be made up for with "skill".. ;)

Doctrines: Grenadiers, Carapace Armour, Allow Storm Troopers

[9] Veterans (Carapaced)
+Autocannon
+2x Grenade Launchers
+Plasma Gun
[1] Veteran Sergeant
+Powerfist

[10] Grenadiers
+Grenade Launcher
+Plasma Gun
[1] Chimera
+Multilaser
+Heavy Bolter

[10] Storm Troopers
+Infiltrate
+Grenade Launcher
+Plasma Gun

Total comes to 497 points..

The idea is that the Grenade Launcher/Plasma Gun combo is a "standard" infantry setup - the GL is there for the high explosive work, bunkers/places that need blowing up to get into, while the Plasma Gun represents a "bioweapon".. more expensive, used to get rid of single targets.

Opinions? Keep in mind, this is a themed army, so any suggestions that don't fall within the theme will be disregarded. I know how to make reasonably effective army lists, so don't state too many obvious things. ;)

Appreciated in advance.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
827 Posts
It looks good, a nice all rounded list. But im not sure about the vet sarge with power fist...

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
646 Posts
Hi Nemesis, I've never seen Serenity - so I can't really comment on the theme, but the first thing that strikes me is that the army is illegal. You have no HQ choice and only 1 troop choice. Obviously you would need to fit a command platoon in there somewhere and loose the infiltrate on your stormies to make them grenadiers :(

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Xethemez said:
Hi Nemesis, I've never seen Serenity - so I can't really comment on the theme, but the first thing that strikes me is that the army is illegal. You have no HQ choice and only 1 troop choice. Obviously you would need to fit a command platoon in there somewhere and loose the infiltrate on your stormies to make them grenadiers :(
Combat Patrol rules. ;) One Troop choice required, HQ is not required. We just upped the 400 point limit to 500.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
48 Posts
i tryed to do a 500 pts border patrol army in-store and i wasn't allowed :(

oh well thats life

·
Registered
128 Posts
Aren't power fists Officer only ? I don't think a vet sarge is allowed one, but I don't have my codex to hand to check....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Oi- Are you going to do any conversions to make them look more like alliance troops? Or just paint them up all nice? I've seen the movie and the TV show, so I am interested to see how it comes out.... Good luck!

Cheers,
BolterSmoke

·
Registered
479 Posts
THe powerfist is fine, fair enough giving him one, its not just smurfs that are allowed hidden powerfists after all. he's in a veteran squad dizzyjock so he's allowed officer only items.

and why can't anyone ever read the bit which says 'combat patrol'... the amount of threads where people bemoan the lack of a 2nd troop/hq choice...

anyway, pretty nice list really, why not try taking more veterans squads (using that doctrine) instead of stormies/grenadiers. you could have more guns that way. big guns

1 - 9 of 9 Posts