Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well basically only a local store competiton but its combat patrol rules at 500 points.

I really liked the look of one of the armies suggested by brynn.

6 Space Marines 1 Missile Launcher 1 Plasma Gun = 110pts

6 Space Marines 1 Missile Launcher 1 Plasma Gun = 110pts

8 Devastator Marines 4 Missile Launchers = 200pts

Landspeeder Tornado H.Bolter Aussault Cannon = 80pts

500pts.

I really like the idea of haveing 6 missile launchers along with a Landspeeder tho, if they get into combat to quickly it could be dangerous.
Another option I was thinking of is

7 Devastator Marines 4 Missile Launchers = 185pts

6 scouts 5cc+pistols 1x M.launcher = 75

=500 pts

With this 2nd list the scout squad basically supports the devastator squad, but still ready to make a counter charge if neccesary. It shouldn't be shot at alot as the priority targest will be devastator squad and the hard to hit tornado's which will be seperate squads but will basically stick together and support each other and pick on one squad/area per turn.

So which list should i use... My biggest fear is an ala-toch army of rangers.. Which in my opinion are just made for combat patrol games... Just nasty especially against marines. Any suggestions against them?

·
Registered
215 Posts
How does teh FOG work in these games?

Why not take a crusader full of terminators and a chaplin!?
jk

Your lists look good I really like the first one.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Combat Patrol rules. These include limitations such as no 3 or more wound models, no 2+ saves and a limit on the total armour value of each vehicle. There are other rules, but those three all prevent your nost sportsmanlike suggestion.

As for the two lists, each would do extremely well. I would side more towards your first, as there are just a few too many land speeders. It is a game after all, no fun if you don't give the other guy a chance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As to the FOG the only requirements are 1 troops choice, the rules for combat patrol on pg 182 of the 40k Rule Book
Corianis said:
As for the two lists, each would do extremely well. I would side more towards your first, as there are just a few too many land speeders. It is a game after all, no fun if you don't give the other guy a chance.
True but in a tournament that only marks on winning I might tend towards the 2nd list as I hear rumours of large wych squads(dark eldar melee) and Ala - toch (Eldar snipers) armies in this tournament. Any Idea how to counter these armies in a combat patrol game?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts