Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all , i have always loved the though of a burrowing swarm and i have gathered a small part i hope its legal. also how do you thing it will far , do think there could be some other upgrades for the units.

fast attack

ravener sything and rending claws x5 -200

heavy support
trygon
bio-electric fleid,scything talons x2,scything tail -290

490pts

6 models lol

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but you need at least one troops choice for combat patrol.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hate to be a bigger bearer, but Trygon has too many wounds for Combat Patrol. Limit's 2. Not sure what he's got, but somehow, mass points are not the same, I figure.

·
Registered
301 Posts
unless this is some wired variation of combat partrol and your opponent has a baneblade then there is no way anyone will face you with a Trygon = even in regular matches its a little overpowered - in combat patrol its horribly overpowered.

Better to think along the lines of taking as many genestealers as you can. I would take extended carapace on them as numbers will be limited and gaunts not present to attract fire. Then you need to consdier the threat of tanks - at 500 point I would expect the chances of their being 2 tanks quite high. Thus you want some ranged anti tank - best you can get in combat patrol is Warriors with venom cannons. One or two groups of 3 warriors with VC cannons is going to at least shake if not destroy enemy tanks each round.

I don't like using gaunts in such matches as its easy for your opponent to single out and take down the warriors - effectivly killing off the army. Though if you do decide to use them then I would go for hormagaunts - the increased charge range will help them get into the safty of close combat much quicker than termagaunts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.