Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, all. Been a looooong time since I visited this neck of the woods, so I thought I'd thrown in some army lists... I've never made a Wych Cult list before, so, bear with me here. ;) First will be a 500 point Combat Patrol, the next will be a 1000 point list, so if I ever do decide to start these lists, they will be feasible. Comments appreciated, as always. ^_^ Commentary in blue.

500 Combat Patrol

HQ

[1] Dracite
+Agoniser
+Splinter Pistol
+Plasma Grenades
+Combat Drugs
=93 points
I didn't want to waste the Wych's special 4++ in CC by grabbing a Shadow Field (not to mention it's illegal in CP), so I just kept her cheap and deadly. I included her in this CP because I wanted a hard-hitting model without going overboard on points.

Troops

[9] Wyches
+Wych Weapons
[1] Succubus
+Agoniser
=158 points
No Raider in this CP because the CP board is pretty small, and I feel that, using FoF, I can quite easily use cover to get close enough to charge into close combat without taking too many shooting casualties.

Elites

[1] Beastmaster
[5] Warp Beasts
=75 points
I wanted to include the Warp Beasts because, while a small unit, they hit incredibly hard when they do hit. I plan on keeping these guys hidden as much as possible, since they can charge even a bit further than the Wyches.

Fast Attack

[4] Reavers
+Blaster (x2)
[1] Succubus
+Agoniser
+Tormentor Helm
=186 points
I wanted a speed element in this CP, to be wherever I need them to be. Reavers give that to me. Also, they will prove invaluable if I ever come up against those pesky Terminators in a CP.

Total Points: 497
Total Models: 22
Total Agoniser/Blaster Ratio: 4/2

1000 point list coming soon!

edit: And the 1000 point list:

1000 Wych Cult

HQ

[1] Dracite
+Agoniser
+Splinter Pistol
+Plasma Grenades
+Combat Drugs
=93 points

Troops

[9] Wyches
+Wych Weapons
[1] Succubus
+Agoniser
[1] Raider
=213 points

[9] Wyches
+Wych Weapons
[1] Succubus
+Agoniser
=158 points
I didn't give both squads a Raider because I wanted to have a "first wave, second wave" approach. The first wave will be the two squads of Reavers and the squad of Wyches with their Raider. The second wave is the Warp Beast pack, this Wych squad, and the Dracite running along with them. I'm hoping the speedy element of the army will be able to tie up the units which present the most shooting threat to the second wave.

Elites

[1] Beastmaster
[5] Warp Beasts
=75 points

[10] Warriors
+Dark Lance (x2)
=100 points
Do I even have to explain the sniper squad? Ha. These guys are here for that odd vehicle that the Reavers shouldn't be messing with, as well as just a cheap and very effective scoring unit.

Fast Attack

[4] Reavers
+Blaster (x2)
[1] Succubus
+Agoniser
+Tormentor Helm
=186 points

[4] Reavers
+Blaster (x2)
[1] Succubus
+Agoniser
+Tormentor Helm
=186 points

Total Points: 996
Total Models: 47
Total Agoniser/Blaster/Dark Lance Ratio: 6/4/2

Opinions appreciated!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
400 Posts
Over 1/3 of your total points in the RJB squad is dangerous. IMO at 5 strong they aren't large enough to hold their own in HtH. If you must keep them in I'd save some points by dropping the Succubus and using them for tank hunting (the assault move now makes them great for this). If nothing else drop the Agonizer and just go with a TH/PW. The +1 STR from the bike means you hit on 4s anyway. Luck out with a drug roll and you need 3s.

Drop a Wych from the Raider Squad to free up a seat for the Dracon or drop a RJB and put the Dracon on it for some added mobility.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
karantalsis said:
You rlist looks ok to me, save that I would put a shadow field on your dracite. I also don't hold with characters on RJB's as they are so much slower than when on a raider, but I'm a kabal player so I will defer to ollieb for wyche cults.
Well, CP is on a small table - so, at least for the CP, running and Fleet should do the job pretty well.

I wanted to be kind of different, and leave the Shadowfield at home (illegal in the CP, anywho).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts