Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first time posting a list here i am just looking for some constructive criticism on my 2500 points list
and if you like the list let me know some good tactics for the army

i wanted to make a all comers list that was scary on all fronts

HQ
Crowe (landraider)

Troop
Purifier unit
-4x psycannons, x6 halberd,psybolt ammunition (stormraven)

Purifier unit
-4x psycannons, x6 halberd, psybolt ammunition (stormraven)

Purifier unit
-4x psycannons, x6 halberd ,psybolt ammunition (stormraven)

Fast

stormraven gunship
-typhoon missile launcher -twin linked lascannon

stormraven gunship

stormraven gunship

Heavy
dreadnought
-2x twin-linked auto-cannon / psybolt ammo (stormraven)

dreadnought

land raider (Crowe)
-basic

Elites
venerable dreadnought

also i hope i posted the list right?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wouldn't bother with deploying the dreadnoughts via stormraven, you want them on the table turn one popping transports. I would consider going for a redeemer over the vanilla raider, it will be far more devastating hitting their lIne with that than a vanilla raider, you have enough AT as it is. With the 10 pts u save you can give it a multimelta if your really desperate for the extra AT, or u can give ur purifiers some daemonhammers for anti-walker/monstrous creature protection.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i see what your saying i just like the option of being able to deploy via the stormravens if i wanted to, as for the vanilla raider the popping heavy armor and busting other scary targets seems to make it well worth the wild. i might take a daemon hammers at least one per squad to handle the possible anti tank/monstrous creature situation thanks for the advice any body else have any ideas

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
HQ

crowe

Troop

Purifier unit
-4x psycannons, x5 halberd,x1 hammer,psybolt ammunition (stormraven)
Purifier unit
Purifier unit

Fast

stormraven gunship

stormraven gunship

stormraven gunship

Heavy
dreadnought

dreadnought

land raider redeemer
- Psybolt ammunition (Crowe)
-basic

Elites
venerable dreadnought

deployment is optional in each transport
since the change with the hammers the land raider had to take the hit in the points department
as for at the redeemer the loss of two twinlinked lascannons is abit of a pain but i will be gainning 3 hammers at str( 10 )with hammer hand so all in all a good option just scared of not haveing enough ranged anti tank that can pop av 14, though how much av 14 would i really be up against anything av 10-13 shouldnt really be a problem but let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
66 Posts
The assault cannon on the LRR can still pop av14 although not reliably. Tbh I've always seen the lascannon as a bit pants against av14, if you really need an av14 punch you want meltas or a vindicare.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Honestly consider taking the Dreads as MM/DCCW and hitching a ride, also MM on the Ravens, nothing like saying good morning with 6 MM's in your opponents face turn 1, that can all target seperate vehicles. Also consider a stave and a Hammer in each Purifier unit, as these are your only scoring units, they will have to be durable and versatile, you can use points shaved off your dreads and ravens to achieve this.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeh I agree with mr poke, MM/DCCW dreads would work a lot better in you list as you have a lot of means of getting up close and personal. Does seem to be the trend of people putting in psyfleman dreads without much thought to the other options available to dreads, I know I'm guilty of it, and while they do add something not much else in our army does they are certainly not the only option/answer to anti tank.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow mr poke you sir are amazing never thought of that before seems kinda sexy of a option but then the next question would be what to do with the stormraven options of course the multimelta but what about the second options.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
rifleman dreads do get boreing

crowe alpha strike list
Hq
Crowe (landraider)

Troop
purifier squad
-4x psycannons, x4 halberd,x1 hammer,x1 warding staff,psybolt ammunition,x6 stormbolter(stormraven)

purifier squad
-4x psycannons, x4 halberd,x1 hammer,x1 warding staff,psybolt ammunition,x6 stormbolter(stormraven)

purifier squad

Elite
venerable Dreadnought
-x1Multi-melta, x1heavy flamer,x1dccw, psyflame ammunition (stormraven)

Fast Attack
Stormraven Gunship
-x1 twin-linked multi-melta, x1 twin-linked plasma cannon

Stormraven Gunship

Stormraven Gunship

Heavy support
Dreadnought

Dreadnought

Land Raider Redeemer
-x1 Multi-melta, psyflame ammunition, lolz had just enough for a searchlight (crowe)

but ya a full 2500 list think death poke nudged me in the right direction with this one, again thank you all that have helped with this list let me know what you guys think of it thus far and any suggestion with how to go about attacking

ps thanks Kinsella for being an amazing

·
Registered
699 Posts
Definately looking better, the Plasma Cannons are great at tackilng those 2/3+ save models which we can only effectively deal with in combat. The Purifiers are looking more threatning now also. The only other option with a list such as this is that of the Shrouding Librarian, he can really improve the survivability of your ravens, but the downside is they will all need to be kept close together. If you find your ravens dropping out of the sky too early, than definately consider it, but I like the option of splitting them off and going after seperate targets :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well another fantastic suggestion from you guys, though i do like the land raider the focus should be on the stormravens and securing a foot hold right in the enemy's butt and with all the goodies that a lib can bring might be worth it

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Sorry, Poke, we agree on a lot of things, but plasma cannons on a Storm Raven is a nono! An assault cannon would let the raven have a much wider range of targets (the Assault Cannon could still engage vehicles, or heavy infantry). Granted, you lose out on the guarnteed 2+/3+ busting shot, but in return you get a weapon that has much more versatility in it's target selection. The Assault cannon can shoot 4 times, and theoretically hit/wound 4 times. Plasma cannon is a crap shoot, even twin linked. If your opponent spreads out his guys, you miss, etc...

Personally, I'd rather take my chances on 4 shots, wounding on 2s, with a 1/6 chance of rending, than a S7 blast that *might* hit more than one guy, but can't rend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hq

Crowe (razorback)

librarian
-master lv3, Nemesis force halberd, psybolt ammunition, 3x servo-skulls, Might of the titan, Sanctuary, The Shrouding, Warp rift,vortex of doom
(stormraven)

Troop

purifier squad

purifier squad

purifier squad

Fast Attack

Stormraven Gunship

Stormraven Gunship

Stormraven Gunship

Heavy support

Dreadnought

Dreadnought

Dreadnought

Dedicated Transports
Razorback
-Twin-linked lascannon -searchlight

i think the plasma cannons are fantastic i already have enough anti-tank floating around i need crowd control at this point. now i know i went a little over board with the lib but ya so many good powers 0-0.

still not sure if i like this list more or less then the one with the landraider though this seems to have more synergy.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
But you're purposefully limiting the role of a weapon slot because of an idea, not a reality! Try a game or with assault cannons, don't even change your style of play, Assault cannons will do better than plasma cannons. It already has 4 small blast shots, 1 more isn't going to make a difference.

Let me put out a situation that occurred last night to me, maybe it'll help. There was a Tau Broadside to one side, and his teammate had a squad of marines spread out.

In order to direct the most firepower to that one squad, I had to point my multi-melta at it, but I wanted that suit dead. If I used a plasma cannon, it would have wounded the broadside once. Instead, I fired a MM, 4 mindstrikes, and 12 Hurricane bolter shots into the marines, and my assault cannon on the Tau Heavy Infantry (Broadside), the same target you want to use it on. 4 shots, 4 hits. 4 wounds, one a rend. I've just accomplished the most a plasma cannon could have done me in that situation. He failed another save and his suit died.

I am speaking from experience when I say this about those plasma cannons. I used to run my storm ravens all the time with 'em. AP2 is nice, but then I found that, most of the time, my storm raven wasn't near the 2+ that I wanted it to kill, or it had multiple wounds, or I needed to *really* kill that one vehicle, etc...etc...

I eventually swapped out for the A.Can, and put my plasma cannons elsewhere: Plasma cannon servitors, OR, Psykers. Even if I don't take warbands, I have so many psycannons that the whole point of Plasma death is lost.

Just try it for a few games sometime, you'll love it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ran a few games online and i can see what your saying about the assalut cannons, but in the end most armys i faced the plasma cannons on the storm ravens proveded something i really dont have ap2 busting from ranged, with 3 storm ravens i can direct devestating firepower to focus points a decent distance from one another if needed.
mind you your point is totaly sound i guess its just the enviroment i play in that the plasma cannons shine more.

·
Registered
699 Posts
[MENTION=34332]cKerensky[/MENTION] - I have never really been too worried about the secondary option on my ravens as I rarely get to fire them anyways, I prefer the assualt cannons over the plasma, but the times I have run them, the plasma would have been more beneficial. I understand that they are not great in most situations, but it also depends on your gaming group.

[MENTION=45299]rufus blackwinds[/MENTION] - Swap vortex for Quicksilver on the Libby, you can only fire a single psychic shooting attack once per turn, and quicksilver gives you a few more options in combat. Level 3 Mastery is not needed along with the halberd, you could swap these for a warding stave or just a regular sword, as combat is where the Librarian will fall 9 times out of 10.

·
Registered
699 Posts
If I get first turn, I usually get right up into my opponents face, moving flat-out to gain the cover save. If my opponent gets first turn my raven is usually dead before I get to move it, or it is in reserve and reverts back to the above. Either way, it/they have only ever lasted till second turn max for me (thats 3 with 3+ cover).

Although I have only used them thrice, once against Wolves, Tau, and DE

1 - 20 of 29 Posts