Fast Attack

1 x Cadian Sentinel A/C, Extra Armour
55pts

1 x Cadian Sentinel A/C, Extra Armour
55pts

1 xSalamander, A/C, Hull H/B, Extra Armour
105pts

Total 502pts

I suppose I could replace the Salamander with something Codex Legal - I wondered about some vets with G/L and M/L?

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
ye gods no - I love the sali, both fluff and model! leave it

one assumes you are playing combat patrol?

would look to replace the GLs on the troops, probably with plasma, probably drop a few bits (I hate ratlings) and add a power fist commisar?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ye gods no - I love the sali, both fluff and model! leave it

one assumes you are playing combat patrol?

would look to replace the GLs on the troops, probably with plasma, probably drop a few bits (I hate ratlings) and add a power fist commisar?

Yup CP - although I could use them as a 500pts "add-on" for Apocalypse style things.

I did think about a commissar - with b/pistol, p/sword, carapace - he'd run to 51pts, so I could drop the rats and extra armour on the sents and the p/swords on the vet sgts.

OTOH I see these guys as a sort of "rough & tough" lot - the sort who'd "lose" a Commissar accidentally on purpose - like the Catachans :)

Oh for the option of Grenadier HQs!!

Maybe 5 x vets with carapace?

Or just a 5 man squad with vet sgt and bump the other two squadsdown to ordinary sgts?

Oh - and the reason for no plasma is purely a sort of fluff/preference thing - plasma seems a bit high tech and temperamental to lug on a recon mission compared to the Grenadier trademark of grenades lobbed from the M79's

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
see I was thinking more "All storm trooper" so vets with carapace doesnt cut it, the commisar would give one of the squads combat ability enough to deal with marines, either way the ratlings dont fit, my problem with the GLs is that they are ineffective against MEQs, metlas may cut it but ineffective range means you will get shto to shreds before you get close, ditto flamers,

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
see I was thinking more "All storm trooper" so vets with carapace doesnt cut it, the commisar would give one of the squads combat ability enough to deal with marines, either way the ratlings dont fit, my problem with the GLs is that they are ineffective against MEQs, metlas may cut it but ineffective range means you will get shto to shreds before you get close, ditto flamers,
I agree its got to be long range firing that meltas and flamers don't do - one reason for the autocannons.

Principal opponents are Orks, Dark Eldar & Necrons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.