Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

Im not currently a witch hunter player, but its one of the armies Im planning on playing or at least trying out in the future. I made this list along with some others (Iron Hands, BT, orks) and will probably be building in 500 pnt incraments. So heres the first set for your viewing pleasure (or displeasure as the case might be.)

HQ

Cannoness - 135 pnts
-Inferno pistol, power weapon, Jumppack, Rosarius, mantle of Ophelia, meltabombs

Troops

Battle Sister Squad x10 -144 pnts
-x2 Storm Bolters, Vet w/ power weapon

Battle Sister Squad x10 -154 pnts
-x2 meltaguns, Vet with power weapon and protectiva
+58 pnt Rhino (extra armor, smoke)

Total: 501 pnts

Suggestions for future incraments and comments/critisisms appreciated. The guys i usually play against use Tau, IG, Eldar, and SM armies

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome to WH! Your list is OK for a first list, I suppose, but it's in need of some changes.
First of all the meltabombs AND the inferno pistol have the same use, so I'd pick just one of these, probably the inferno pistol. The rosarius Invulnerable save is laughable, considering that you can get a 2+ Invulnerable save by getting the Cloak of St. Aspira and using the proper act of faith (Don't remeber which one it is). I also recommend taking the Blessed Weapon, as it works like a power weapon, but gives a nice bonus to strength.

example Cannoness:

Blessed Weapon
Inferno Pistol
Jump Pack
Cloak of St. Aspira

130 points

Now about your troops....the first squad is actually pretty good, just give the VSS a bolt pistol (it's free!) to get an extra attack. On the second squad, drop the protectiva, it's just a sad piece of wargear. (you can get a 3+ invulnerable by using an act of faith, and it will work more than once) The meltaguns are OK, I guess, but I doubt you'll see much that you'll need AP1 for at 500 points. I'd suggest picking up the following next :

- Another box of sisters
- Box of seraphim, maybe some seraphim blisters too
- An exorcist
- (If you wanna play mechanized SoB) Another rhino for your other sisters squads

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
heavy flamers in every squad you can get, it isn't a wh army if you aint burning things! :w00t:

ooh ooh and imolaters lotsa imolaters (burn everything leave nothing bar ashes.... and then burn those as well)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Revised List

HQ

Cannoness - 145 pnts
-Inferno pistol, Blessed Weapon, Jumppack, Cloak of St Aspira, Mantle of Ophelia

Troops

Battle Sister Squad x10 -144 pnts
-x2 Storm Bolters, Vet w/ Storm Bolter

Battle Sister Squad x10 -152 pnts
-Heavy Flamer, Flamer, Vet with power weapon and bp
+58 pnt Rhino (extra armor, smoke)

Total: 499 pnts

I took a little of everyone's advice so far, and then though that mabey the Storm Bolter squad could use another gun. At this point level I dunno how that would go.

After getting some more bodies, I was deciding on some elites options, but couldnt decide between

A: Inquisitor w/ retinue, Celestians, and Assassin
B: Celestians w/ Preacher, Arco Flagellents

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
Replace the power weapon on the veteran superior in the rhino with a Brazier of holy fire, then you'll have three flamer templates :)

Good man for taking three storm bolters :D

Whe you get more things in your army I recommend you knock out some of the wargear on the cannoness and give her a more specific task. If she dies thats a lot of points down, and TBH she can die quite easily, don't sit 100% behind that 2+ invul save.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Plague_00 said:
heavy flamers in every squad you can get, it isn't a wh army if you aint burning things! :w00t:

ooh ooh and imolaters lotsa imolaters (burn everything leave nothing bar ashes.... and then burn those as well)
LMAO, when I get chance, I am gonna eddit your profile so your location reads "Pyromania" Plague

Seriosly, the cannoness doesnt need the mantle, it si a common mistake, in bigger games maybe, but in 500 points you need to keep the cost down, and you can get her a 2+ save so why take the mantle, what would be attractive is litanies of faith, to gaurentee that 2+

See you are really only starting to see the beauty of faith. A sisters army can hold its own just about without it, but when you introduce it, you craete moments of brilliance just when you want them, these tend to shock the livign heck out of your opponent

As for expansion, as soon as you have got 500 points your next buy should be some anti tank. This needs to have a decent range (i,e, not serephin with melta bombs/inferno pistols or dominions loaded with meltaguns). The standard sisters play book says this is an exorcist although it is concievable to do something bizare with multimeltas in a retributor squad and their immolator (dont mention this to Plague, the though of an immolator with anything but flamers will cause him an apoplexy and we will have to sit him in the blue room for week)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
eddit your profile so your location reads "Pyromania"
happy :yes:

seriously why go wh if not for the fire, it has to be the coolest image in 40k ranks upon ranks of sisters advancing slowly in disaplined ranks burning everything that moves and most of what dosn't... huhhhhh it's what made me fall in love with the hobby and continues to be a motivating factor for me.

there's nothin better than after a good long days work looking back and see the orange glow of the embers and the raped plains with their skeletal inhabitants and the satisfying smell of chared smurf.

and if i ever go over board and get in trouble then i can always blame it on the lepricorn... ahh shalem how many times have u saved my butt.

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
Though not as sadistic as Plague I agree, the whole concept of sisters is to kill by fire based weapons or holy bolter (more so the fire :p). I remember the days (over here anyways) when someone thought sisters it would lead to the immolator.

Saying this though I add.....Storm bolters are still really cool!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I'm not sadistic... a little deranged and homocidal maybe but not sadistic.

do something bizare with multimeltas in a retributor squad and their immolator (dont mention this to Plague, the though of an immolator with anything but flamers will cause him an apoplexy and we will have to sit him in the blue room for week)
immolaters WITHOUT flamers aaarrrghhh urge to kill rising.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts