Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im just wondering whether this could work or will completely fall apart; ive got the money to get everythink so im trying to decide what to get.

changed to list further down:

Wierdboy =50

Nobz x5
Power claw =160
bosspole
eavy armour x5
Stick bomzx5

Ork boyz x20
Nob
Power claw =160
bosspole

Ork boyz x21 =126

Total=496​

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
I'm not sure you really need the nob squad at that size of game, somthing able to take out armour a little better might be nice too. Fancy guns?

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Excessive

Nobz are a bit excessive at the 500 point level, but not impossible. If you're going to use one, however, you should include a warboss, not a wyrdboy. That way, you can take the group of nobz as a troop choice, rather than an elite, leaving only a single troop slot to fill.

Also, those nobz need to be in a trukk, or they are going to be shot to pieces long before they reach close combat. I understand that trukks can be expensive, but you could look on ebay and probably get an older trukk for $10-15 rather than the $30 retail cost for new ones.

That mob of boyz also either needs a nob with a powerklaw, or it needs to go. Frankly, you could probably let it go.

Here's the way I'd run the army:

Warboss w/powerklaw + 'eavy armor (90)

6 Nobz w/2 powerklaws + 'eavy armor + trukk + bosspole (228)

20 ork shoota boyz w/2 rokkits + Nob w/powerklaw and bosspole (180)

The Warboss starts either attached to the nobz in the trukk, or the team of shoota boyz, depending on the situation.

Now that's a mean 500 point army. It's only two units, granted, but as long as your large force keeps their attention away from the trukk (which should be kept out of sight until it reaches close combat) it's more CC power than most 500 point armies can handle. Having shoota boyz in the footslogging mob gives you back up fire support. You might also want to consider upgrading one of the nobz to a painboy, but I don't have those rules with me, so I don't know how it'd fit with your costs.

If you'd rather take a wyrdboy, and go footslogging instead, then upgrade him to a Warp 'ead (this is very important), and drop the nobz. They're going to be shot to pieces if they don't have a transport.

Here's that version:

Warp 'ead (85)

22 shoota boyz w/2 rokkits and nob w/PK and bosspole (192)

21 slugga boyz w/2 rokkits and nob w/PK and bosspole (186)

Rokkit buggy (35)

Attach the wyrdboyz to the slugga boyz, sneak the rokkit buggy around to attack the enemy's vulnerable side, begin the march and have fun.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have considered your tips and suggestion and have come up with a new one list:

Wierd boy =85
Warphead

Killer kan =45
Skorcha

Ork shootas x20 =170
Nob
power claw
bosspole
Big shoota

Ork sluggas x20 =165
Nob
powerclaw
Bosspole

Ork Buggie =35
Twin linket rocket launcher

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
I have considered your tips and suggestion and have come up with a new one list:

Wierd boy =85
Warphead

Killer kan =45
Skorcha

Ork shootas x20 =170
Nob
power claw
bosspole
Big shoota

Ork sluggas x20 =165
Nob
powerclaw
Bosspole

Ork Buggie =35
Twin linket rocket launcher
Looks good, but my my count your units of boyz should each cost 5 points cheaper. This frees up 10 points, which I'd use to give one of the teams of boyz a rokkit.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.