Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a blood angels army and have been considering entering a 500 point contest yes im new but i have a pretyy good army but i was wondering what i should bring along. my army list includes:

HQ:chaplain lemartes+6 dc. 180 pts

Elites:4 man terminator squad ,three with storm bolters and pw, one with storm bolter and cyclone missle.188 pts

troops:3 tactical squads
2 w/10 marines,one flamer one rocket,vet. sargeant 181 pts
1 w/10 maines,one flamer one las cannon,vet. sergeant 160 pts

fats attack:
2 assault squads, vet sergeants,two plasma pistols,jump packs.120 pts ea.
1 attack bike w/multi melta 65.pts

heavy support:
1 devastator squad w/ 2 las cannons, 2 plasma cannons, and two marines.230 pts
1 dreadnaught w/ 1 twin linked las cannon, and one missle launcher.185 pts
1 land raider. 250 pts

I do kno the black rage rule and the critics on having a devastator squad in a ba army i i am willing to take a chance, i am tempted to give the dc artificer armor and master crafted weapons which combined with their already tough ignore injury rule would make them tough to kill.

·
Hrimfar
525 Posts
There are some points that you have to change...I'll try to legilize your army a bit...

1: Chaplain Lemartes costs 229 pts and has 3+D3 death company with him, not 6....

2: You need to take 5 terminators to make the squad legal...they don't have PW, they have Powerfists, the searge though, has pw...

3: How many marines is it in your assult squads?

Another thing. Don't take any dev-squads if your playing BA - they tend to run forward out of cover and are then unable to shoot heavy weapons for that whole turn!

For 500 pts - is it combat patrol - you shoult try to take some tactical marines, you can't use land rider, dreadnought or termies. Take two squads à 6 marines each maybe one with a heavy weapon (missile launcher will suffice). And one 5-man squad with assulmarines - you can't really afford to have a chappy in 500 pts, so go for numbers instead.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Not legal

Hey, there are a couple other pieces that arent legal:

Your assault squads, wich seem to be 5 men each, are still listed as being cheaper then they are. 5 assault marines cost 110 points. add the plasma pistols, thats 120, where are the points for the vet sarg?

The lascannon tactical squad is not 160 points. 10 marines is 150 points. both the vet upgrade and the lascannon cost more then 10 points.

attack bike minimu squad size is 2. So having 1 attack bike does you no good.

This isnt a legality issue, just tactical. If you WILL bring a dev squad, PLEASE dont spend so many points on them. I wont bother going off about keeping weapons of the same range together and what not. Best bet 8 men, 4 missile launchers. even 200 points.

The dreadnought with TL las and missile launcher does NOT cost 185 points. Its considerable less. In fact, I believe, fully kitted as they should be, they come out to 173 or so.

Lasly, you cant give DC ANY upgrades. So no artificer armor. Also, you cant give Lemartes ANY equipment as he is a special character and only uses whats in his entry.

I would suggest going to check out some of the BA lists in the army list forum so you can see how to make an effective BA list. Also, find out what the rules are for the tourny. If its a combat patrol, the rules on what you can use change quite a bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i understand some things arent legal, and i double cheked the pionts thanks, but i did double chek and unless theres no new rules i can use an attack bike alone.
so i thought about it and i decided that i want

fast attack
1 attack bike w/ multi melta 65 pts
2 5 man assault squads led by vetrans, with one plasma pistol in each, 135 pts each
troops
8 man tac squad with vet sarge,missle launcher and flamer.151 pts

comes out to 486, im thinking that ill ahve the tac squad to pin what ever i cant bog down in assaults, also if i get the chance i may want to assualt my bike if there is no armor for the multi melta because of the bikes 2+ save. i do understand there might be special rules and ill look into it but tell me what u think, thnx for the comments

·
Registered
170 Posts
lol useless flamer and missle launcher combo, what you gonna do shoot down a tank, and not move, or assualt with flamer, hoping you dont get shoot up while u foot slog all the way to the enemy. why not change the whole tac squad to scouts with bolt pistols and CCW, look at it, yo uget 4 attack on the charge now come on man... Blood Angel's player, the attack bike needs to have a squad.. i'm assuming you havent bought the Codex eh? Plz bu ythe codex before making a list, it'll help and not make u lose money lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
Why not take smaller squads so you can get the biggest DC you can. Seams to me that in 500 points you would want a few 5 man tac squads with either rockets or lascannons and a chaplin.
That way you get a huge DC for the points your playing adn still have anti tank covered.

Besides to keep a rocket safe why would you need 9 more guys?
5 is pleanty.

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
You should really take an extra course in basic maths, that's not even close to 500 points.

Really, you have a 230 pts-Devastator squad and a 250 pts Land Raider. What's up with the rest?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have the codex, and i read the entry and re-read it, and an attack bike squadron consists of one to three bikes, so i can use unless its been revised or soemtjhing i dont see i dont see what you are tlkaing about

·
Registered
909 Posts
Viktor said:
You should really take an extra course in basic maths, that's not even close to 500 points
You probably missed his 500 point list...
pigfat707 said:
fast attack
1 attack bike w/ multi melta 65 pts
2 5 man assault squads led by vetrans, with one plasma pistol in each, 135 pts each
troops
8 man tac squad with vet sarge,missle launcher and flamer.151 pts
To tell you the truth on the list...Its absolutely horrible,sorry but honestly it is.What do your sergeants have? Nothing? Your assault squad are way too small,your opponent will just divide their fire into each rittling them down to a puny 1 or 2 men each,if your very very lucky that is!
The attack bike is pretty good however,they are very nice at attacking enemy armour,but you DO need to have atleast 2 in a squad.You have probably got the old edition of the codex thats why your confused.
The tactical squad is totally useless having the ML and flamer combo.

Cheers,
Tycho

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
Tycho said:
You probably missed his 500 point list...
Probably, but what is this then? :wacko:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts