Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Small project army i'm thinking of collecting, something small so I can spend lots of time converting/modelling/painting. I'm really pleased with how the list came ouot but thought I'ld get some feedback.

Doctrines
-Special weapon squads
-Drop troops
-Close order drill

HQ
Junior Officer
-Missile Launcher team
55pts

Special Weapon Support Squad
-1 Demolition charge
-1 Flamer
54pts

TROOPS
Junior Officer
-Missile Launcher team
55pts

1st Squad
-Grenade Launcher
-Autocannon team
83pts

2nd Squad
-Grenade Launcher
-Autocannon team
83pts

Armoured Fist Squad
-Heavy Bolter
-Meltagun
Chimera
-Hull Heavy Bolter
-Turret Heavy Bolter
170pts

500pts on the nail.

46 bodies

:drinking:

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
COD should really be combined with Veteran Sergeants to get the maximum benefit. Not essential though, and its hard to see where points could be dropped to get them.

Personally I despise that doctrine (COD), but that is for personal reasons (no sniggering at the back!).

Apart from that, a good solid 500pt list. Autocannon especially are good at this point level.

·
517 Posts
Doctrines
-Special weapon squads
-Drop troops
-Close order drill

HQ
Junior Officer
-Missile Launcher team
55pts

-1 Demolition charge
-1 Flamer
54pts

TROOPS
Junior Officer
-Missile Launcher team
55pts

1st Squad
-Grenade Launcher
-Autocannon team
83pts

2nd Squad
-Grenade Launcher
-Autocannon team
83pts

Armoured Fist Squad
-Heavy Bolter
-Meltagun
Chimera
-Hull Heavy Bolter
-Turret Heavy Bolter
170pts

500pts on the nail.
If that's what you want, then leave it, but if you're looking to tweak it a bit, here's what I would do to change it...

Doctrines
- Special weapon squads
- Drop troops
- Iron Descipline
- Conscripts
- Independent Commissars

HQ
Junior Officer
40pts

Commissar (attached to Conscripts)
Power fist
Bolt Pistol
71 pts

-1 Demolition charge
-1 Flamer
54pts

TROOPS
Junior Officer
Iron Discipline
45pts

1st Squad
No upgrades
83pts

2nd Squad
No upgrades
60 pts

Conscripts
20 men
80 pts

Chimera
- Hull H. Bolter
- Multilaser
85 pts

495pts. (I would give melta bombs to either the Commie or the special weapon squad for 5 pts.)

I changed the turret to a Multilaser. Maries would get their saves anyway against a H.Bolter, so you're better off wounding on 2+, and the extra point of strength is all you'll need against the kind of armor that's coming at you in 500 pt games. You gotta remember, you don't need all that extra AT fire power in a 500 point game. It will go to waste.

The Conscripts would act as 20 4pt ablative wounds for the Commie. He should be able to squish through things now, but remember that he's an independent character now, so he can be singled out. Maneuver him properly.

Keep the regular platoon next to your JO with ID, and in cover. They will have a harder time running now.

Alternately you could scrap the Commie and the Chimera and use a Hellhound. This would give you a lot of close up punch and the extra armor you need to survive. It will also leave you with enough points to field a multi laser equipped sentinel. There's nothing better than having a vehicle on the board, unless it's having two vehicles on the board. Scrapping the Commie, and the Chimera and taking a Hellhound and a Sentinel leaves you at 499 pts.

·
Mr Commisar to you
2,885 Posts
The list seems fairly soudn though I do have a few points to make,

1. Leadership isnt great and is in direct fire view. This has its advatages but personally one of those squads with a mortar and banner may be an idea.

2. drop the melta in the AF squad it doesnt fit with the heavy bolter and TBH doesnt go in a normal squad anyway. Get a plasma far far more worth it and it complements the rest of the squad.

3. The demo squad seems fun but if you need to drop points do it from here. Start with the flamer and then the whole squad if needs be.

TBH the list is pretty good there are only a few things youd need to keep your eye on, the melta is pretty much the only thing that really needs changing as far as I can see.

Also Rex the list you suggest isnt great at all. The bare squads wont do anything, the whole list is geared around the commisar who, being independant, will be picked out especially as he has a fist.

Hope that helps

A

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.