Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, allow me to introduce.....me.

Rookie to WHFB, as well as a rookie to Librarium. Had a stint over at pyramid vault before i eventually foreswore the path of the lizzies and decided to plow the path of Chaos.

The army is centered around a theme, punishing mortals for their use of magic. Tzeentch loathing all who would tamper his control of the chaotic winds of magic, and khorne punishing those who would dare even to attempt to harness it.

The army is made up of Miniatures from other lines, possessed by the demons in the list as punishment for their "crimes"

For example, the bloodletters will be converted slayers(horns, crimson hair, chains, actually turning out fairly well so far)
The Fleshhounds, converted direwolves

All will be similar units from mortal armies that abuse or tamper with magic.

Now that everyones left, tired of my rant here, i present the 500 point warband list.

12 x Horrors - 229
Champ - General

10 x Bloodletters - 174
Champ

6 x Flesh Hound - 96

I realize most consider any combining of Tzeentch and Khorne to be cheesy, i understand i wont reach them. But unfluffy? no, while not allied, khorne and tzeentch both hate mortals who practice magic, a warband established to hunt down and punish the arcane would seem to be an agreeable goal for the pair.

·
Registered
657 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, Tzeentch has nothing against mortal practitioners.
Otherwise he wouldn't bless his champions with arcane might, would he? Of course not.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yet he loathes chaos sorcerors neh?

It is one thing for a mortal to be favored with the power of tzeentch, yet quite another for him to meddle where he is not wanted.

·
Registered
657 Posts
He does not loathe sorcerers. It says in the book that his sorcerers are also great warriors and thus use the chapion stats. The favoured of Tzeentch are sorcerers, they can just fight too.
And while I do see your point on attention where it is not wanted, he usually just sucks it up, and would rather just suck it up then team with Khorne. But it's not that important, and your fluff explanation is adequate.

Back on topic, I think the list is quite solid, and can probably outmagic any other warband. Make sure you mount those slayers on 25 mm bases, if you want the conversion to be legal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bear in mind, also bent on punishing those who Stunt magic (slayers, stupid freaking tepok lizzies) and such, bit more of tzeentches bag, where as punishing the mages is a bit more of khornes bag.

Anyhow, back on topic.

Am debating dropping the hounds and either the BL champ or a horror to get the points for a 4 strong unit of flamers.

Would provide a faster shooting support unit to go with the hammer unit and the magical support team. Kind of covering all bases i expect. The hounds currently serve as a flanking, fast support unit as well, but they are quite vulnerable to shooting from even a weak shooting army.

Note, this is all supposition, as i havent even proxied up the army for a skirmish. (dont want to buy the actual minis until im a bit set on the list)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Ooh, I like that. The hounds have a bit of overkill on MR for 500 pts, and on the other side of the spectrum mass shooting can be highly effective. I'd drop the Champion, since 12 horrors cast at PL 6, and numbers are all important for daemons anyways.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So the revised army list looks like
(Leaving the first one up so people dont get confused)

12 Horrors - 229
Champ

10 Bloodletters - 167
Musician

4 Flamers - 100

Total Points 496
3 PD
3 DD
1 bound spell

:EDIT:
I realize the musician seems random, but i had a few points left over

·
Registered
657 Posts
I see that. And it would really suck if you lost by a tie and your daemons poofed.

This is a high quality list now, and it was pretty good at the start. Talk about tzeentchian firepower.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for reviving this topic from the dead.

But I just join Librarium so I could post something in this topic.

Khorne despise Magic and Tzeentch despise Khorne.

This is the first thing you should learn about chaos.

Slaneesh despise Nurgle because of its ugliness and Nurgle feels the same about slaaneesh.

Putting Khorne together with Tzeentch is the biggest faux-pas you can make in wargame :O

Your opponents will just think that you are just trying to max out on all aspects of the game: Magic and combat. Fair enough we all try to make up competitive lists, but it is another thing to bluntly ignore the weaknesses of your army by taking entries from other lists/ruinous power that fill specifically that niche.

There used to be an animosity rule in the 3rd edition when you put two chaos power together, and Khorne and Tzeentch marked units would literally charge each other before you'd done anything.

You can put tzeentch and Slaanesh because they both try to deceive the enemy, and Khorne can go with nurgle, because they don't really care about one another.

It is like putting dwarves and elves together: the dwarves are tough and the elves fast. Or the lizardmen and the skaven: the lizardmen are tough but slow, the skaven are fast but fragile.
Fluff-wise, dwarves and elves don't trust each others, and lizardmen hate skavens.

Just please don't put Tzeentch and Khorne together. I know how difficult it is to play a DL army, but that is a challenge that you have to learn to play with.

·
Registered
657 Posts
We overcame the fluff obstacle. When an unfluffy army is posted it is important to note the fact, but it should not be the focus. The point to this forum is to debate the effectiveness of the army, and any issues of fluffiness will have to be resolved on a game-by-game basis, as different players have different views on this touchy subject.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts