3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone say overpowered?:D

Necromancer, level 2, cloak of mist and shadows, general

Necromancer, level 2, book of arkhan

Necromancer, level 2

10 zombies, standard

10 zombies, standard

Exactly 500 points, casting pool 8, dispel pool 5, 23 models.

What do you think?

·
Registered
194 Posts
strewart said:
Can anyone say overpowered?:D

Necromancer, level 2, cloak of mist and shadows, general

Necromancer, level 2, book of arkhan

Necromancer, level 2

10 zombies, standard

10 zombies, standard

Exactly 500 points, casting pool 8, dispel pool 5, 23 models.

What do you think?
It is not look very sceery still, but after two turns there must to be twise more units on the table :)
Yourself know beter this what you asking about :)

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
My that's the 3 Wraithlord army for fantasy!!!

That's so beardy, it would make Kuffy look clean shaven by comparison!! :wacko:

I'm going to use that at the next 500 point game I play!! :shifty:

:ninja:

·
Registered
139 Posts
If your doing border patrol you can't have more that one hero, about the army it's too little zombies are useless anhd two of them, you should drop a necromancer, but if you want to win purely by magic, then why not

·
453 Posts
Gotta say i don't like it...where's the punch? All i really see is a bunch of victory points lined up with seconds on the way compliments of the necromancers.

One thing i've learn from playing 3 editions on undead...always have a punch ready, even in 500 points. How about making room for a 66 point Wight lord (60 basic, 6 more for shield and Hvy Armour giving him a 3+ armour save in combat, 3 attacks and killing blow?)

·
LO Zealot
1,982 Posts
This army is a horde army. In each magic phase he can either cast 3 level 2 Invocations and have two dice left over, or cast 2 level 3 Invocations and a level two.

With the level 3 he has a 1/2 chance it will cast, bringing out an average of 13.5 zombies. The level 2 Invocations have slightly more of a chance of casting (3 and a third out of 6) and will average out 10 Zombies.

So with the former option he will get an average of 1 and 6/9 casts, each cast producing 10 zombies. That's 16.6~ zombies per turn.

With the latter that's 1 level 3 per turn and 5/9 level 2's per turn. 13.5 + 5.5~ zombies per turn, 19.0555~ zombies per turn.

In a 6 turn game that's either 100 zombies or 114 and a third. Even when they strike so slowly that's just insane. Though, I think a Staff of Damnation would be usefull in this army.

~Edit~

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I really should have checked the date that this was last posted in... Sorry for reviving a 2 month dead topic...

·
706 Posts
archonofdeath said:
This army is a horde army. In each magic phase he can either cast 3 level 2 Invocations and have two dice left over, or cast 2 level 3 Invocations and a level two.

With the level 3 he has a 1/2 chance it will cast, bringing out an average of 13.5 zombies. The level 2 Invocations have slightly more of a chance of casting (3 and a third out of 6) and will average out 10 Zombies.

So with the former option he will get an average of 1 and 6/9 casts, each cast producing 10 zombies. That's 16.6~ zombies per turn.

With the latter that's 1 level 3 per turn and 5/9 level 2's per turn. 13.5 + 5.5~ zombies per turn, 19.0555~ zombies per turn.

In a 6 turn game that's either 100 zombies or 114 and a third. Even when they strike so slowly that's just insane. Though, I think a Staff of Damnation would be usefull in this army.

~Edit~

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I really should have checked the date that this was last posted in... Sorry for reviving a 2 month dead topic...

Hahaha, its not THAT big of a deal. but i still havent gotten a chance to use this list. im glad you brought it back to my attention!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts