Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends and I have all decided to dust off the Warhammer 40K books and minis and start up playing again. I've always played marines but I've decided to give Witch Hunters a try now to experience something different. We're all starting off really small with 500 pts to make sure we're happy with our army selections... I'm just looking for some basic feedback on my starting force. My opponents are going to be Chaos Iron Warriors, Dark Eldar, Orks & Dark Angels.

HQ UNIT - 197 points
Adepta Sororitas Canoness
- Cloak of St Aspira
- Brazier of Holy Fire
- Bolt Pistol
Celestian Retinue (4 Celestians + Sister Superior)
- Heavy Bolter
- Flamer
- Imagifier
- Sacred Standard
- Frag Grenades

TROOP UNIT - 155 points
9 Battle Sisters + Veteran Sister Superior
Storm Bolter
Flamer
Plasma Pistol (for VSS)
Purity Seals

TROOP UNIT - 155 points
9 Battle Sisters + Veteran Sister Superior
Storm Bolter
Flamer
Plasma Pistol (for VSS)
Purity Seals

TOTAL: 507 points.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
109 Posts
because your troop choices are so expensive (in terms of a 500 point army) you are really limited with the choices you have to make. As such i believe you should try running a jumpy cannoness and some sweet angelic seraphims.

A Small, minimum sized unit of seraphims is gonna run you back 120 points (with an upgraded veteran superior[Acts of faith please?]). This leaves you with 77 points to spend on your cannoness. Even though they are going to be pretty plain jane troops (no upgrades really), the seraphim with their increased mobility should really shine in this setting, especially over the less mobile celstians. granted if the celstians were to get into close combat they would most likey out-do the seras, but are still less versatile then seras.

Just a suggestion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts