Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty lads, new to the forums, thought id throw in some orky goodness

Heres a list which ive been using at my local GW, and has won a good number of scenarios so far against various opponents, including a win vs SM, eldar and nurgle chaos (was close one, phew), and other orks. the list is as follows :

20 slugga boys, 2 big shootas
with nob with 'uge choppa
20 shoota boys, 2 big shootas
2 kans with big shootas
2 rokkit buggies (TL rockets)
3 lobba battery, standard crew

total = 500

any suggestions or questions ? tactics usually depends what army im playing but having something i can hide (lobbas), something fastish (buggies) something a bit harder (kans) and some basic troops which are very versatile in terms of what you do with them (all out assault or shoot for a bit) seems to work quite well.

will post up a couple 1000 pointers ive been playing around with sometime later

regards, rozzy

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Boss?

alrighty lads, new to the forums, thought id throw in some orky goodness

Heres a list which ive been using at my local GW, and has won a good number of scenarios so far against various opponents, including a win vs SM, eldar and nurgle chaos (was close one, phew), and other orks. the list is as follows :

20 slugga boys, 2 big shootas
with nob with 'uge choppa
20 shoota boys, 2 big shootas
2 kans with big shootas
2 rokkit buggies (TL rockets)
3 lobba battery, standard crew

total = 500

any suggestions or questions ? tactics usually depends what army im playing but having something i can hide (lobbas), something fastish (buggies) something a bit harder (kans) and some basic troops which are very versatile in terms of what you do with them (all out assault or shoot for a bit) seems to work quite well.

will post up a couple 1000 pointers ive been playing around with sometime later

regards, rozzy
Where's the HQ?

Unless you're playing an apocalypse game, you're supposed to have at least one HQ in there. Or does your local shop include some kind of rule that doesn't make it necessary?

It looks good for 500 points, although you really need a powerklaw in there somewhere, to help deal with monstrous creatures and marines. Also, if you plan to use the list elsewhere, you're going to need an HQ. I'd add a warboss with a powerklaw and cybork body. For the points, I'd cut out the lobba battery and one kan, and use the extra 20 points to add a nob w/huge choppa and bosspole to the second unit of boyz. Then, I'd attach the warboss to that unit (you want a bosspole in it so the unit with the warboss, because it's a lot of points gone if they run away).

Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i usually play against people i know and their a friendly lot and its all for fun, rather than "omg you havent got a hq so im not going to play you lol ***" type thing. besides if theres tables free nobody really minds at all. but on the feedback, thats almost exactly what i had in mind if it came down to it

drop a kan, drop the lobbas, put in warboss with power claw, cyborg and then add a nob with uge choppa and bosspole

the other option which i was tinkering with is:

- kan
- lobbas
+ big mek with KFF and bosspole, attached to shooter squad
+ nob in other squad given bosspole
+ chucking either 4 big shootas among them, or a couple rokkits

i never run the infantry squads massively far apart, and i think the KFF is a good idea, changing instead of, you-get-no-armour save-whatsoever, into you-always-get-a-1-in-3-chance-of-surviving is a good investment
also the kan or anything lucky enough to be close enough (unlikely) would benefit too.

i like the warboss idea, cos its a boss with a power claw and another nob (nuff said), i like the KFF big mek idea shielding all me troops , (cos thats 1 way ive lost so far) and then having hte extra points to fool around with. ah well will experiment later.

any other clever ideas tricks welcome o/

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've never been a big fan of the Lobbas personally. Kannons have dual stat lines for a mere 20 points and can take out both infantry and light vehicles which is great. Zzap Guns are ok, but the 2D6 STR is too random to guarantee anything more than the Kannons can already do. Lobbas have the problem of been a G48 weapon. Now unless I'm majorly wrong does that mean the blast template has a chance of scattering wildly? I'd rather be certain to hit with a blast weapon than relying on the scatter dice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.