Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
I was wondering what you all think of my border patrol.

Spellsinger, lv2 125

10 Glade Guard 120

8 Dryads, Ch 108

7 Wardancers, Ch musician 147

Total: 500

The spellsinger is the general and stays close to the GG for protection.

The Drayads and WD are deployed on the flanks of the GG.
The wholle line closes slowly towards the enemy the gg firing and the SS casting spells.
When in range the drayads and Wd charge and slab the (weakend) enemy to death

So what do you think?

Any critics are welcome!

Good Hunting!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have found spellsingers to be mostly useless in 500 point games. Also you lack speed. If you advance then you can only move 5" per turn and still fire.

My own border patrol is:

Wardancer Noble.
15 Glade Guard.
5 Gladeriders.
5 Wardancers.

GG stay still and shoot. GR and WD (with noble) advance on seperate flanks to march interdict. When the time is right, mass flank charges. This has worked very well so far. Slightly chancey against some patrols (Night Goblins with Shamen and fanatics) but great fun.

Dave

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello

what do you think of this. I really want to keep my SS in because he is the centre of the armie fluff

Spellsinger, lv2 125

10 Glade Guard 120

8 Dryads, Ch 108

6 Glade riders 144

total 497

The GG shoot the Dryads take the enemy at the front and the GR cancel the enemys rank bonus.

So how about this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi elfwarden

You need to think about the role of the SS. Why the lvl 2 upgrade? What will his/her job be? You have a lot of points invested here and I don't think you will get those back from this character.

Would a lvl 1 fulfill your needs and the spare points be better invested elsewhere? I think so.

I would also advise against frontal charges with the Dryads. You are liable to come up against your opponants' combat characters here. Flanks are good, rear is better.

Try a few games with your list and see if you think I'm right. :)

Dave

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
your first list was better but reduce the ss to lv 1 as tree singing is the only useful one in these low games and use the points to increas dryads and glade guard

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay, thanks all of you. really.
here is the list, again any critics welcome

Spellsinger 90

10 Glade Guard 120

9 Dryads, Ch 120

8 Wardancers, ch, musician 165
total 495

Good Hunting!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
nah i think that one will be as good as it gets for wood elves in 500 point games it's very similar to mine except i have a wardancer noble

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some things to consider:

Border Patrol is not Pitched Battle, so no free wood.

How are you going to take out a formed unit, e.g. 20 Night Goblins with full command? Statistically your dryads will kill 3, so even with a flank bonus you will lose combat by 1.

The Wardancers will cut through them like a hot knife through butter but they have to be in the right place at the right time.

The GG should kill 1.5 a turn with shooting, so will face 14 gobbos on turn 5. Outnumbered and with not armour :(

As to the most useful spells, Fury and Twilights can be far more devastating if successfully cast at the right moment.

Use the 35 points you have saved from the SS to get 3 more GG. You will have more shooting ( about 2 gobbos per turn in the example above ) and can form them up if they are likely to get charged. Use your spell to make them cause fear or regenerate (unlikely to be cast successfully on a 9+ with a lvl 1) and they may last a turn, which will allow you to counter-charge with another unit.

However, this is all just my oppinion. I appreciate that there are other aspects like available figures, theme, personal preference etc. Play a few games against your friends and use proxy models until you find a combination that works for you. :yes:

All the best
Dave

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hello

you all made me thingking and i have a final approach

Noble, Wardancer 105

12 GG 144

8 Dryads, Ch 108

7 wardancers champion 140

total: 497

The Gg shoot and the dryads and wardancers attack.

Well thank you all any critcs are still welcome

Good Hunting

·
Registered
404 Posts
I would drop 2 GG and add 2 Dryads. The dryad champ also to add another Dryad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts