Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K I can't seem to make decent 500 points lists. My standard opponents are tau, witchhunters, grey knights and chaos. What should I use as a list?

5 rangers-95

8 scorpions-128
1 exarch with stealth and scorpionsclaw-63

Vyper with starcannon-65

3 D-cannons-150

total = 501

I haven't a clue

·
LO Zealot
1,449 Posts
First, pick a craftworld. Those will give you a lot of needed extra power. Lets take a look at your units one for one:

shadygodofdeath said:
5 rangers-95
Rangers outside an Alaitoc army? I wouldnt do that. Drop them to free up some points.

shadygodofdeath said:
8 scorpions-128
1 exarch with stealth and scorpionsclaw-63
Fine, although odd size combat squads is somewhat a waste of points. Either get another scorpion, or loose one.

shadygodofdeath said:
Vyper with starcannon-65
Perfect.

shadygodofdeath said:
3 D-cannons-150
A waste, drop these. The d-cannons are made to take out the toughest units in the entire game, and you wont see any of those in a patrol, so they are a waste. Furthermore, all of your opponents outrange them, so they will get shot to pieces before they get to shoot themselves.

Overall, I would get some more bodies on the field. Consider a squad of warp spiders to back up your scorpions, those are great. And if you need to dispatch of more points, simply get another vyper...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so like this?

9 scorps-144
1 exarch with stealth and scorpy claw-63

7 warpspiders-154

vyper-65
starcannon

vyper-65
starcannon

total = 491

·
Registered
67 Posts
only problem is that you have to have troops, so unless your playing biel-tan, that list is illigeal.

warpspiders are an interesting idea in CP. they are expensive, but those str 6 guns are enough to take out any vehicle you may meet, and they have good manouverability. try em out, try and work them in tandem with the scorps.

EDIT: im talking about the second list posted here, for the sake of clarity.

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
shadygodofdeath said:
so like this?

9 scorps-144
1 exarch with stealth and scorpy claw-63

7 warpspiders-154

vyper-65
starcannon

vyper-65
starcannon

total = 491

This list looks very nice for a CP.

You have everything you need: high strength weapons, low AP weapons, infiltrate, fast units, very nice indeed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
IAmAngel said:
Im pretty sure that this list is perfectly legal in a Combat Patrol.

~Ben
nope. combat patrol requires one troops choice min. anything else is gravy, but you need 1 troops choice, same as normally you need 2 troops and 1 HQ.

of course, if its a beil tan list then the scorps and spiders become troops so its all okey dokey. if its vanilla then his list is 2 elites and 2 fast attack. illigal.

EDIT: should add that im talking about the second list here.

EDIT2: yes i know that its leagal with beil tan, im just saying that its illieagl if it isnt. if you went to an escalation tourney and said that your 400pts list was beil tan, your 1000 pts list was vanilla and your 2000 pts list was iyaden, you wouldnt make too many friends now would you. thats an extreme example, but the point stands. switching craftworlds based on points level is not nice.

·
LO Zealot
1,449 Posts
There is nothing wrong with this list, as the player can always claim that it is a beil-tan list and thereby make the aspects troop choices. The army doesent even have to be painted in the beil-tan color scheme. I promise you that no player would ever deny playing against this list.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
wakopanda said:
nope. combat patrol requires one troops choice min. anything else is gravy, but you need 1 troops choice, same as normally you need 2 troops and 1 HQ.

of course, if its a beil tan list then the scorps and spiders become troops so its all okey dokey. if its vanilla then his list is 2 elites and 2 fast attack. illigal.

EDIT: should add that im talking about the second list here.

EDIT2: yes i know that its leagal with beil tan, im just saying that its illieagl if it isnt. if you went to an escalation tourney and said that your 400pts list was beil tan, your 1000 pts list was vanilla and your 2000 pts list was iyaden, you wouldnt make too many friends now would you. thats an extreme example, but the point stands. switching craftworlds based on points level is not nice.

I'm one of his usuall opponents and nobody around here minds it,'s just something different and that's only a good thing, we have an other eldar player around here, which switches around hell a lot. Same goes for me I tend to play quit a lot diffent things depending mostly on point.

Also if anybody complains, it's jsut a game, come onnnnnnnnn.

Also I want to add the Grey Knights stated a the top of the thread should be Daemonhunters:p:).
And for those who want to know I play the Witchhunters and the Daemonhunters, I'm also planning on playing Eldar when I've got my DH and WH as far as I want them at this point.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
wakopanda said:
(make your grave and lie in it)

Been there dun that:p

But please don't feel attacked or anything it's just that as long as the list works in any craftworld and/or vanille it's fine since it'll bout never's going to be a tourny list, just a prerequisite for the fryday afternoon games at GW if we play there.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Farseer Sareld said:
In europe, yes. The americans use 500 points worth of models in CP.

People this is neither, we are in Europa, but GW has rules on fryday which arebased on combat patrol, but only 500 points, and we usually play normal missions, I haven't seen any CP missions yet.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Pancakes said:
What is with you and reviving dead threads?
I DIDN'T REVIVE THIS THREAD, I ONLY RESPONDED.

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
It wasn't that old anyway... but I think his list is pretty much finished by now.

Reactions: Blood_Lord

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes.

But thanks for all the replying.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts