Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm starting my third Warbands Campaign, which should get about four or five other people involved. I go for 500 at the start instead of 250 because it's rather limiting and we have a few Ogre and VC armies that rely on more points.

The Darkheart Clan. ( 494 Pts.)

Heroes:

Naldic Darkheart (Dark Thane/CD Hero)- Armour of Gazrakh, Great Weapon= 94 Pts.

Core Troops:

Darkheart Kinsmen (11 CD Warriors)- Hand Weapons, Great Weapons, Heavy Armour, Shield, Musician, St. Bearer= 146 Pts. *Dark Thane here*

Darkheart Kinsmen (12 CD Warriors)- Hand Weapons, Heavy Armour, Blunderbusses, Musician= 154 Pts.

Slaves of Kalrik-Kal-Tarr (8 Hobgoblins)- Hand Weapons, Bows- 40 Pts.

Special Troops:

Darkheart Ballista (2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers)= 60 Pts.

The basic idea is a hold and fire force, which I will manuever into better positions once I see the enemies plan of attack. The hero is both cheap and reliable, and no one will expect the Great Weapon toting stuntie to be packing a 1+ Armour Save. The unit he is with was made to hold the enemy on the initial charge with the armour benefits granted by HW & Shield then follow up the next turn with GW attacks.

The Blunderbusses will protect the flanks along with the small Hobgoblin unit to harry enemy forces into the two blocks. The extra rank for the Blunderbuss crew is there mainly to keep the strength at four, though if I'm lucky I can get a Str. 5 shot off. The Bolt throwers are for the many fast cavalry, heavy cavalry, and Ogres I've seen in my other campaigns.

I'm working on the theme of the Darkheart Clan, and where they hail from. If I find the time I'll write them out, but until then they will just have to settle for taking the Campaign by storm!

·
Blistering Barnacles!
895 Posts
It's a good list. The only thing that I'd recommend is to take out the hobgoblin archers, they'll never do anything on their own and adding some more CD's to an existing unit.

Hex

·
Blistering Barnacles!
895 Posts
Not really unless your opponent is taking a heavy cavalry army. Besides, the blunderbusses and bolt throwers are enough to keep them at bay and if you have a good terrain board you should be able to protect the other flank with that.

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Not really unless your opponent is taking a heavy cavalry army. Besides, the blunderbusses and bolt throwers are enough to keep them at bay and if you have a good terrain board you should be able to protect the other flank with that.
Hmm true enough, CD's can hold back any charge unless it's Heavy Cav. Also Xandor good point on the HobGob's, I don't know what I was thinking.

It's odd but I don't remember making this post, lol. Must have been a while back, that Campaign never took off due to some time constraints and people departing, but I've started up my CD's again with a more determined and experienced outlook this time. So hopefully third time's a charm.

I'll update this list soon, as well as add a 1K one I've been tinkering with. Maybe a project blog as well, if I get a decent camera....

-K

1 - 6 of 6 Posts