Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grettings everyone!

I just recently decided to get back into Warhammer Fantasy after a couple years off (Kept playing 40k however)

I met a group through my university and they have a 500pt tournament coming up soon, Below is my list for it. I am hoping to get some suggestions on the lists viability as well as any tactical commentary.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hero: 120 Points

Sorceress, Level 2, Enchanted Shield, (General hope is for Doombolt and Word of Pain)

Core:380 Points

Blackarc Corsairs-140 Points
10 Corsairs, RHxb's, Full Command

Darkshards-130 Points
10 Darkshards, Musician

Dark Riders-110 Points
5 Dark Riders, Shields, Rxb's, Musician

The most basic battle plan with this list is ranged combat. Dark Riders are intended to harass the enemy, Darkshards shooting as the enemy approaches and the Blackarc Corsairs should get some solid shots off with the RHxB's before they are in CC. The sorceress is intended to just deal as much damage as possible.

A couple ideas I have toyed with:
1) Swapping the Darkshards or Dark Riders for Shades
2) Swapping the Dark Riders for a Reaper Bolt Thrower then Tome of Furion, shields on Darkshards and 5pts somewhere else.

I think it should work well but am open to any suggestions!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Sorceress can't take the shield, it is armor.

If you really just want doom bolt and word of pain, time of furion will get it for you. Its cheap, too.

I don't know if this point level is a good time to include a wizard though. Your lady is pretty pricey, and is well into your max points for heroes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Revision work

thanks for the shield part I missed that, I have 5 points to put somewhere now, any suggestions?.

As for the sorceress I am unsure, at these points chances are I will run the magic phase but her survivability isn't very high. A master with a RxB, SDC, HA and an enchanted shield comes in at around 90 points which would leave me 30 points to put elsewhere but where to put that amount to counter the loss of a magic phase I am unsure.

Thanks for the help so far!

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
I would keep the wizard. But I would drop the bows on the corsairs, just stick with the extra attack. I would also drop the musician on the corsairs and give shields to the dark shards. They will then double up as an ok combat unit. Magic and shooting in low points is very powerful but you do not need scouts and warmachines to win with this list.

·
Registered
827 Posts
If you can, I'd try maybe getting a cold one chariot in there. No one has an answer for it at 500 points, save the 1 guy silly enough to bring a cannon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts