Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
500 pt imperial guard infantry list

Hello, and thanks for spending the time to check out this army list of 500 points for imperial guard that will be going against my buddy's orks soon, my friends orks don't have any transports, so i don't need to worry about that effect, and i will expand on this list as it reaches 1000 points.

HQ:
CCS GLx4 70

Troops:
PCS GLx4 50

Infantry Squad 60
Vox-Caster
Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad 60
Vox-Caster
Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad 60
Vox-Caster
Flamer

Heavy Weapons Squad 75
Autocannonx3

Veteran Squad 80
Vox-Caster
Grenade Launcher

Dedicated Transports:

Chimera 100
Heavy Flamerx2
Storm Bolter
Hunter-Killer Missle
Dozer Blade
Extra Armor

Total Points: 480 Points

I know im 20 points short, but i don't know what to use them on, i was thinking about carapace armor on the CCS, but again i don't know how effective it'll be, thanks again for any comments and tips.:soldier:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Your HQ is good- cheap and grenade launchers are very versatile and effective

Your troops can be improved. Your Platoon command is good. Moar Grenade launchers= good. I would remove all vox-casters from your infantry. Pointless point sink if you ask me. I would also remove the heavy weapon squad and make your infantry squads have a grenade launcher and an autocannon. Your veterans are also fine save for vox-caster.

The dedicated transport is far too expensive. I would keep it sweet and simple. Give it a heavy flamer or leave it alone. What you like. That will save you points.

With these savings i think you could make the following list:

HQ: CCS, 4 GL= 70pts

Troops: PCS, 4 GL= 50pts
-Infantry squad, GL, Autocannon= 65
-Infantry squad, GL, Autocannon= 65
Troops: Veteran squad, 3 GL= 85
Dedicated transport: Chimera, heavy flamer= 55
Heavy: Leman Russ Battletank= 150

Total= 490

I think the Leman russ addition is really helpful in this. You could alternatively remove your Platoon and replace it with another veteran squad.

HQ: Company command, 4 Grenade Launchers, = 70pts
Troop: Veterans+ 3 Grenade Launchers = 85pts
Troop: Veterans+ 3 Grenade Launchers = 85pts
Dedicated Transport: Heavy Flamer= 55
Dedicated Transport: Heavy Flamer= 55
Heavy: Leman Russ Battletank= 150pts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just noticed. I replied to this from the most recent post and did not notice which section this is in. Should have posted in the army lists section

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.