Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. i have a battle coming up next week against imprial gaurd. i thought id try a new formation for my iron worriors. so hear it is let me know what u think.

HQ=106

1 chaos lord
mocu
pwr wepon
bolt pistol
d strength
d resiliance

Elites=70

1 oblitorator (for any tanks he may have)

Troops=225

8 csm
mocu
7 with bolters
1 with heavy bolter=120

7 csm (lord will join)
mocu
chainswords
bolt pistol=105

heavy =100

1 basilisk

=501

let me know if u have any suggestions or questions

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You could drop your lord to a lieutenant and drop the resiliance. The extra wound and toughness are overkill when fighting guard in hth, since he'll be killing everything within base to base usually.

Due to the majority armour rules, his extra toughness shouldn't come into play when his unit is shot at until the rest of his squad is dead.

And if they get a chance to shoot your IC you're in trouble anyways.

Use the points gained to either bulk out your squads and/or buy infiltrate or a rhino. You need to get in closer to be able to get the jump on him in hth or have more bodies to soak up incoming fire. Given that most people don't like Rhino's now, and that you'd have to drop something else to afford it, more bodies or infiltrate will probably be your best bet.

I'd lower the squad size of your shooting squad and add more to your hth squad, but that's just me.

Oh. And buy a flamer or two for the hth squad. They will work wonders against guard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts