Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

well i was getting bored of painting SM's one day so i was surfind the web for cool pis of 40k models for inspiration and i came across the army list for kroot. i read some backround on em and fell in love with them. then i got to deciding on an army list. so here goes nothin!

HQ

Master Shaper
- FoF
- Kroothawk Totem
- BotS
- Power Wepon
Total Points = 104

Troops

17 Carnivore Kindred
- Shaper with Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol
Total Points = 174

10 Carnivore Kindred
- Shaper with Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol
Total Points = 128

10 Carnivore Kindred
- Shaper with Kroot Rifle
Total Points = 101

Signature Evolutionary Adaptation = Fast Reflexes

Total Points = 496
Total Models = 38

My strategy would be to deep strike my army then get into CC with my 17 squad and 1 of my 10 squads imedietly and leave my 10 squad back to pepper any enemy not in cc with kroot rifle fire. my shaper would prolly join the 17 squad

-The Architect of the Penitent

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
YOu could drop down the hunter kindred for more bodies to the carnivore squads, giving you 2 units of 15.

500 pts would mean a patrol right ? if so, you wouldn't need a master shaper really, this will allow you 10-15 more models if you include some hounds.

47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure what you mean by hunter kindred but i thought id drop a squad of 10 to distribute theoints beetween them for more models. this liat is not a patrol list cause iv recently got some neiborhood pals into 40k, so in our fisr battle itl be a 2v2 battle, consisting of 500 pts an army. thanks!

47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your right i may keep this list hunters would be good fire support.

·
heretical thoughts?
948 Posts
Architect of the Penitent said:

My strategy would be to deep strike my army then get into CC with my 17 squad and 1 of my 10 squads imedietly and leave my 10 squad back to pepper any enemy not in cc with kroot rifle fire. my shaper would prolly join the 17 squad

Kroot cant deepstrike. At least last time I looked at the codex I didnt see it.:shifty:

They can infiltrate, which all squads should do as it allows them to deploy anywhere on the board, in the best cover, closest to the enemy, or where ever else you might want them.

And I agree, make the carni squads 13 and 14 maybe, and make the last one a hunter squad.

comment on master: blood of stalker is good with fof, and I see you have that, but no squads to use it with, unless you use the BotS to get your carni squad closer, then first turn detach the m shaper and run him in, but that isnt too smart as he wont kill much by himself. Id drop FoF and BotS and give him mark of the favoured child instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts