5x initiate

I dont know the details of his list but it looked like this
list IG:

leman rush

HQ, junior luitenant, lascannon team, 2 guardsmen

stormtroopers
5x

3x infantry units each 10 men with some missile launchers

terrain: his side had a forrest in front of his deploymentzone i had a ruin and a ruin in the middle

The black templar where patroling a planet just conquered by the crusader fleet, they suddenly spotted a rebelforce Magnus allerted the mothership and called in for support

first turn IG:

movement: stormtroopers ran into the forrest
only his lascannon could fire apon team beta, which wounded the marine. With no hasitation team beta ran foward for payback

first turn BT:

magnus and his assault troops jumped as fast as they could to the rebels leaving them in sight of the leman rush but in cover for the heavy weapon teams. The mothership fired the droppod with reinforcments they landed 1 inch from the forrest: team alpha deployed out of line of sight from the leman rush and in cover in the forest. team beta moved again straight for the rebels fired their bolters as result 3 guardsmen fel. Team alpha oppened fire on the storm troopers: 3 died and failed ran in fear, the droppod fired its storm bolter at the HQ 2 guardsmen died.

second turn IG:

the leman rush finnaly saw something the assault squad and fired its mighty battle cannon, 2 assault marines died instandly. Lascannon fired upon team Beta it hit but the zealos marine did its prayer before the battle; it failed to wound, missile launcher missed. The lasguns from the IG who could see team alpha missed, didnt wound or where saved.

second turn BT:

team alpha ran out of cover, magnus and the assault team jumped towards the IG. Team beta ran again foward in rapid fire range. Team alpha shot 4 guardsmen and charged, Magnus and his team shot their boltpistols at another IG squad resulting in 3 dead guardsmen. team Beta fired their bolters in rapid fire and killed 3 guardsmen. Charges: Alpha team in IG squad, Magnus in IG squad, magnus killed 4 guardsmen and the assault marines finished the last survivors of magnus rage. Team beta finished the already weakened infantry squad the powerfist ripped 2 guardsmen in half and coinsolidated into the HQ.

third turn IG:

no movement. The lemanrush shot its battle cannon at team beta 2 marines died. Making the 2 remaining marines furious and ran even further to the IG. The missile launcher shot 1 assault marine, which obviously didnt do its prayer. Close combat: team aplha crushed the IG HQ.

third turn BT:

team alpha and magnus with his assault squad shot and charged the last IG infantry squad, it was a matter of seconds before the guardsmen where crippled in the mud.

turn four IG:

The leman rush crew in fear after they saw their buddy fall for the mighty BT turned the battle cannon to magnus and shot; magnus and his assault marines died instantly, magnus will be remembered!

turn four BT:

team alpha ran to the back of the tank, the marine shot the meltagun stunning the crew then charging in the back of the tank the powerfist ripped trough the back and the leman rush was turned in junk.

The BT where victorious altough they lost their hero and leader. He will always remain a memory to the black templar who fought besides him. The neophyte where trained well in this combat and will be given the honour of becoming full spacemarine.

·
Registered
346 Posts
why do neither squads have bolt pistols??? You have rightous zeal for a reason!!! (and no thats not to get into rapid fire range :shifty: )

wait and dont chaplins have an invunerable save, so how was he insta killed by the battlecannon?

·
Registered
364 Posts
HavenDan said:
why do neither squads have bolt pistols??? You have rightous zeal for a reason!!! (and no thats not to get into rapid fire range :shifty: ) .
I play BTs and I have aleast one squad wtih pb + cc but my other two are mostly bolters and assult weapons so I can use rightous zeal for both if I fill like it so you may have some thing with that ****y silmy (wink), but I would try to have atleast one squad for HtH for the use of rihtous zeal if i were you Everhard.

[/QUOTE]
wait and dont chaplins have an invunerable save, so how was he insta killed by the battlecannon?[/QUOTE]

like he said why did the chappy die from the Battle Cannon y didn't you use the Inv. save

·
Registered
346 Posts
i could see a 2 to 1 ratio of CC weapons and bolt pistols, for every 2 units of these one with bolters. But there are so many ways AROUND using a shooty crusader squad i ts ridiculous. For tankbusting, predator annihilator and shooty dred anyone? Thats 4 lascannons and a missle launcher per turn. Your an ASSAULT based chapter for a reason, if u want to shoot just go play dark angels:yes:

·
Registered
444 Posts
HavenDan said:
i could see a 2 to 1 ratio of CC weapons and bolt pistols, for every 2 units of these one with bolters. But there are so many ways AROUND using a shooty crusader squad i ts ridiculous. For tankbusting, predator annihilator and shooty dred anyone? Thats 4 lascannons and a missle launcher per turn. Your an ASSAULT based chapter for a reason, if u want to shoot just go play dark angels:yes:
True, though its a good first start for Everhard anyway :yes:

·
Registered
364 Posts
yea you are right he might have faild the inv. save, and with your fluff Everhard it is not a mother ship. IT could be a strike cursier or a battle barge.

·
Registered
625 Posts
(Y) :rofl:
cool...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts