Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am also considering for my next army to play Black Templar. Having played Imperial Guard for years, the idea of hard-as-nails (relative to a Guardsman!), hand to hand space marines seems invigorating. Plus, I get to keep my loyalty to the Emperor by not playing Khorne CSM. What are your thoughts on this list? I figure I'd join the Castellan up with the first squad, to have one big a bit bigger to compensate for the proverbial threat that the Castellan will cause, all dressed in terminator armour and such. I know that him wearing that armour will make the entire squad unable to perform sweeping advances - is that really much of a liability?
HQ
Marshall
Castellan with Terminator Armour and twin lightning claws

TROOPS
Crusader Squad
9 Initiates with bolt pistols and close combat weapons, powerfist and meltagun

TROOPS
8 Initiates with bolt pistols and close combat weapons, powerfist and meltagun
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']5 Neophytes with shotguns[/FONT]

·
Registered
318 Posts
Solid start, for sure. Maybe think of dropping the termie armour to make the commander be able to join a squad then buy them both rhino's? A quick attack across the board is the best way to go... Think of adding some more fire power soon, i like going for maybe a squad with a plasma cannon and a plasma gun. They make mince meat out of everyhitng until they overheat and die, haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.