Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm coming back to 40k after playing Necrons and a little of Nids in 5th. I wanted to start a new army with the new edition so here I am with DA. I've never played marines before, so this is my first shot at a list in a couple years but here goes:

HQ:
Ezekiel

Troops:
Tactical Squad
-5 marines
-Missile Launcher w/flakk
-Melta bombs

Scout Squad
-5 Scouts
-5 Sniper Rifles

Elites:
Veterans Squad w/Ezekiel
-5 Vets
-2x plasma pistol
-Meltagun
-Missile Launcher w/Flakk

Dedicated Transport:
Rhino
-Storm Bolter

Comes out to exactly 500 points, the idea being I can leave my scouts at a back objective to cover my veterans and tactical squad while they contest mid table objectives. The veterans and Ezekiel take the Rhino, and the launchers worry about any armor they might have at 500 pts. FYI the main army I will be playing against is CSM. Also, I want to be able to make a 500 list that I can build on to eventually be able to use in larger games. So if this doesn't include anything useful for larger games plz let me know, cuz I would rather come up with another list. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any suggestions would be awesome. I was hoping to get feedback before I went and picked up the models.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The vets quad has a redundant build. Its either going to advance and constantly be moving in which case the ML launcher is wasted or you'll stand still and waste the shortranged weapons there.

Personally I would not field vets in 500 pts. Go for a 10 man tact squad and plsit it into combat squads. In fact at roughly 200pts each you can get 2 10 man tacts in rhonios and then add a mid point character, a non special char librarian for example. You then have up to 4 troops choices and a mutlipurpose character.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice! I was really on the fence about the vets since I've read some bad and some good reviews on them. So how about something like this instead?

HQ:
Librarian
-Level 2

Troops:
Tactical Squad
-10 marines
-Missile Launcher
-Plasma gun

Tactical Squad (w/Lib)
-10 marines
-Missile Launcher
-Plasma gun

Scout Squad
-5 Scouts
-5 Sniper Rifles

Or I can get rid of the plasma guns and the scout squad and get two rhinos w/storm bolters. Then take one full tac squad and one combat squad w/lib in the rhinos. That way I only have one 5 man combat squad foot slogging it. My only concern with the rhinos is that in larger games later I wont want to use them in favor of land raiders and I dont want to spend the $ on something that will just sit on my shelf after my army gets bigger. :/

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
What about something like this...

HQ: Libby - lvl 2

Troops:
10x Tac Marines w/ Plasma Gun, Combi-Plasma
5x Scouts w/Sniper Rifles

Heavy Support:
8x Devistators w/4x Missile Launchers

=497

You get enough bodies to help protect the missile, and with the Libby you can give them Prescience to make sure those Missile shots count. Missiles are great against vehicles, Marines, MCs and hordes. They can also be upgraded with Flakk as your games get larger. The Plasma Tac Marines are there to deal with 2+ armor and light vehicles as well as your Heavy infantry units. The Snipers can help out with Pinning, precision shots and wounding on 4+.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts