7 Dire Avengers - 84 pts
- Wave Serpent (EML) - 120 pts

5 Rangers - 95 pts

Wraithlord - 115 pts
- 2 flamers
- EML

TOTAL: 497 pts

Hey everyone.
Yeh, I'm really new to Eldar (and 40K) and would really like some help. I think I will have the Rangers sitting on the home objective. The Farseer will join the Avengers and go after the other. The Wraithlord will give some support whilst hopefully soaking up some enemy fire. If the farseer is in a vehicle, would the Wraithlord have wraithsight within 6' of the farseer? If so, where do you measure it from?

All advice welcome - just hope the list is not too bad...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Great to see you join the ranks :D nice small game list 40k is based around 1500 points but i started with 500 points too at this little points its more about stratgey and not losing your units from bad placement not really about what your using interesting list tho :D good luck on your first couple games!

·
Registered
150 Posts
not too bad for a 500 point list! It might be fun to buy a fire prism as well, and switch it out with the Wraithlord for a different kind of heavy support option. With the fire prism you can keep it at a range that's hopefully further away than anything on the table, you have BS4 and a Str9 small blast. and you don't need to test for wraithsight.

your wraithlord will still benefit from the farseer if the farseer is in a serpent. You should measure from the hull of the vehicle. unfortunately, this doesn't really work well, because it'd be pointless for a wave serpent to be hanging around with a slow wraithlord and not taking advtange of its speed.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I like small games, gives a bit of character to the game. I agree that you should replace the WraithLord with a Fire Prism or even a Falcon. That way your entire list is a fast mobile partol. Able to skirt around the battlefield with ease. Having to keep the Farseer within 6" is a bit of a pain. You could always just chance it and move the Wraithlord independently and hope you don't roll a 1. It will still soak up fire and be a distraction.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks heaps for everyone's advice! Fire Prism definitely sounds like a pretty good alternative Heavy Support... Argh, choices!:act-up:I'll probably have to try out both options to see what seems better to me. I agree that the Wraithlord will just have to risk the Wraithsight test, or else it will just bog down the wave serpent.

Thanks again for the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts