Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm switching from Space marines to Imperial guard and need some feedback on my first army list. So here Go's Nothing.

HQ
Junior Officer
Voxcaster
Cameleoline
55 pts

TROOPS
Command Squad
Junior Officer
Grenade launcher*4
Cameleoline

82pts

Infantry Squad
(Sergeant has lasgun)
Heavy Bolter
Voxcaster
Cameleoline

85pts

Infantry Squad
(Sergeant has lasgun)
Voxcaster
Missle Launcher
Cameleoline

90pts

Armoured Fist Squad
Voxcaster
Heavy Bolter
Flamethrower
Cameleoline

91pts

Chimera
Multi Laser
Heavy Bolter
Pintle Heavy stubber

97pts

TOTAL 500

Note: even though the cameleoline is expensive I think its worth it, Because If I keep my Guardsmen in cover, since most cover gives a cover save of 4+ the cameleoline gives my men a save of 3+ which is a save worthy of a space marine ( and I'd know).
Also I eventually plan to get Ratlings in my army who already get +1 to their cover save, and since as I said most cover gives a 4+cover save the ratlings bonus plus the caleoline I will give them gives them a cover save of 2+ (ker ching)

Please respond with advice

·
Hellhounds are good tanks
733 Posts
drop the vox network, you dont need it at this low point level, just use leadership bubbles from you officers

with the points dropped from the vox network add some firepower to your command squad, i suggest a bunch of grenade launchers, a mortar, or some other heavy weapon.

---------- Post added at 06:37 ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 ----------

drop the vox network, just rely on leadership bubbles(12' range that officers leadership can reach))

with the points gained, add some firepower to the command squad so they can shoot something from behind your lines(grenade launchers, a mortar, or some other heavy weapon)

---------- Post added at 06:38 ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 ----------

drop the vox network, just rely on leadership bubbles(12' range that officers leadership can reach))

with the points gained, add some firepower to the command squad so they can shoot something from behind your lines(grenade launchers, a mortar, or some other heavy weapon)

---------- Post added at 06:41 ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 ----------

sry triple post

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Drop the voxes. Move sme grenade launchers from your platoon command squad to your main command squad. And give those infantry squads specil weapons.

·
I Expect the Inquisition
1,422 Posts
Drop the Vox and give the HQ an Honrifica and Iron Discipline. If you need to shave points, drop the heavy bolter from the Chimera squad. They are your only objective taker anyway, so they won't be firing much.

At this points level, are you planning on 4x4 tables then?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input
Ill definitely drop the vox network and move those grenade launchers
But I think Ill keep the heavy bolter in my AF squad because since in the fifth edition rules troops can capture objectives while still in their vehicles Im probably keeping the AF squad in the chimera at most times meaning that that I can fire the Heavy Bolter from the fire point in my vehicles turret without having to worry about it being a haevy weapon. With all the weapons in my chimera plus the Heavy bolter in the squad thats 12 shots coming from my chimera giving me an effective fire base.

(And yes I will start playing on 4by4 tables)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
But I think Ill keep the heavy bolter in my AF squad because since in the fifth edition rules troops can capture objectives while still in their vehicles
Where in the rule book does it say that? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to, GW even made a rule that vehicles from the troops section can't capture objectives.

·
Lord Cupcake of Senteria
396 Posts
Where in the rule book does it say that? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to, GW even made a rule that vehicles from the troops section can't capture objectives.

Page 90, under the bullets of what can't hold objectives.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On page 90 of the full size rulebook under the bullets that say what can't capture objectives it says "Unit of Troops embarked in a transport can control objectives (measure the distance from their vehicles hull)"

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
O i must have missed that

·
I Expect the Inquisition
1,422 Posts
Wait, so a unit of allied storm troopers in a borrowed land raider can ... claim... objectives...

*Tears welling up*

I can't stop myself. This is just too funny for words. It isn't necessarily an awesome new broken strategy, but the sheer comic value will be worth it.

My gaming group appreciates those kind of balls.

*Repped

·
Hellhounds are good tanks
733 Posts
lol RecklessFable, make your daemonhunter buddy bring 3 land raider from heavy support, and 3 from taking inquisitors, and give your men rides= 6 annoyingly hard to kill objective takers lol!

·
Registered
84 Posts
ive got to say as a fellow fan of gaunt and cameleoline i like this list :act-up:

as said before i'd drop the vox (ive never used them in my guard armies) and give the AF squad a meltagun instead of flamer.. fun for Armour :soldier:

pretty good list.. should see off quite a few armies

1 - 13 of 13 Posts