Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey,

Using what comes in the Macragge set and adding to it I have this force.

They are built, so cannot change that, but have supplies to build more.

I want to know how this would fare in a battle. (Not yet painted)

HQ
3 Warriors, enhanced senses, extended carapace, scything talons, two with devourers, one venom cannon.

TROOPS
6 Genestealers
10 Spine gaunts
16 Termagants
16 Hormagaunts

Although the list is a bit synapse light I know that the 'stealers need it not, and with luck the Hormagaunts will be in combat by turn two, if not three. So should units not pass target priority rolls and inflict 6 wounds on the warriors I should be OK.

Cheers,

Bloodthirster

·
Registered
116 Posts
Are you new to tyranids, if you aren't, you probably no all this, but: Well, i know you think combat is a safe place for gaunts to be without synapse, but its NOT!!! Their leadership is five and most the time they will lose in combat and have to take a morale check. Not good. Also, this isnt much of an army to play with, i know you have a very limited selection, but if you play with friends, you should ask if you can proxy some units. Just cut out a monstrous base and write carnifex or hive tyrant on it. This way you can experiment with units and see what you like to see what you want to buy. I didn't really think about this and ended up buying 20 gargoyles and never using them!!! You have enogh troops for a small game. I dont really like the warriors, but thats really your choice.:C

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.