Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sunday is a 500 pts, 1000 pt, and 1500 pt tournament (3 rounds) and I have NO idea how to do the 500 pt section.... Everythings just so expensive to do that. ;-; My current idea has almost no warm bodies... but it might work great, or fail hardcore, I'm not sure which.

HQ:
Lash Sorc - 125

Troops:
CSM x5 = 75
CSM x5 = 75

Heavy Support:
Vindicator and Dakka pred - 225

It's super light on warm bodies... I know. But it's the only list I can make that'll be okay at killing tanks and mans. Any help? If you want to drop, you know, everything and tell me what to run, feel free. :D

Model restrictions: I don't have any thousand sons, rhinos, or bikes. Everything else I have a good amount of.

·
Big fish in a little pond
234 Posts
I regularly play this 555 tournement and do very successfully with just CSM's and Chosen. At 500 pts it's fairly hard for any army to take out 25-30 marines. I'd play around with squads like the following. 6CSM plasma, 6 chosen plas/las, 6 chosen plas/hbolter... From my experience at this play level the vanilla marines are your best friend. If you are required to take an HQ, I'd go cheep as possible. I would also stay away from big tanks like the vindi.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The problem with your "few warm bodies" plan is that for we chaos generals, our "warm bodies" are some of our best units.

Don't underestimate basic bolter shots against the swarm. You don't need flashy (and inaccurate) vindicator templates to do the job. Also, don't underestimate the value of fearlessness (on chaos cult troops) at low point levels.

I'd suggest something like this:

6x Noise Marines w/ 5x Sonic Blasters and 1 Blastmaster (lots of bolter shots and some anti-tank)
8x Plague Marines w/ 2x Plasma (hard as nails, especially at low point limits)
1x Chaos Lord (to help out in CC)

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like that idea, but some people that I play with are known to take a LR at the 500 pt scale... so I'm afraid of that, with only a single str 8 shot to help me against it.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Why not take 8 havocs, 2 with lascannons then, this squad can be used as a basic infantry squad unless required to pop a tank, then it can stay still and fire two high strength shots. The models still have uber grit and can also take a fist champion to add muscule to combat.

A Defiler is another good choice for the dual role, it can shoot infantry and tanks (autocannons) and can also fleet into combat with both vehicles and infantry to annoy them and hopefully kill a few too!

Dan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.