Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my army list for 500 points but i cant decide what i should get to bring it up to 750 points.

Warboss =90
eavy armour
cnk body
attack sguig

warbuggy
twin-linked rocket launcher =40
red paint job

killer kan
big shoota =40

Ork boyzx20
sluggas+choppas =165
rocket launcher
nob w pk

ork boyzx20
shootas
big shootax2 =165
nob w pk
total=500
I generly want to stick to a goffs army but and occasional tank fine by me. My first thought was to have a squad of nobz costing around 250 points which i think could work quite well. Im keen on just a squad of 10 gretchlin costing 40 pnts in my army i also love the shock attack gun and tankbustas. I really cant choose what to get so if you could post on what you think i should get i will be grateful:happy:​

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Hmm...

By my count, a killa kan with a big shoota is 40 points. Isn't it?

Anyway, it's a good start, as the list is very well balanced, but you need three things: a powerklaw on the warboss, another rokkit in the unit of slugga boyz, and a way to ensure your boyz get into close combat.

Powerklaws are not optional, no matter what anyone tells you. This is especially true when fighting tough troops, like marines, you'll need to inflict 3 wounds in order to get a single kill, on average. With a powerklaw, every wound is a kill. Yes, your warboss will be more effective against weaker troops with a normal choppa, but you know what? Your boyz don't need help against weaker troops. They've got that covered. ^_^

Next, I always take the maximum number of special weapons (big shootas, rokkits) allowed in each unit of boyz on foot. 20-25 is a good number of boyz, but you need to keep them stocked with as many special weapons as you can. Bosspoles are also nice, as they make up for unlucky rolls in close combat, but they're not mandatory for larger groups of boyz (although I always use them in trukks, btw).

Third, you really need a way to make sure they reach close combat. As it stands, you run the risk of getting shot down before you make it close enough to assault. At this point level, there are a few good ways:

1. A third unit of boyz. Simply having more boyz on the table will make it harder for your opponent to kill them all, before they reach them. I'd suggest more shoota boyz.

2. Weirdboyz, upgraded to warp 'eads. The extra wauughhhs they produce can help you across the board in a hurry.

3. More kans, or rokkit buggies. Both these units are very distracting, and can help block as you slog closer.

4. Faster boyz, like Storm boyz, kommandos and warbikes. All these units work, but are probably too expensive for this point level, as you need around 9-13 (and also a nob w/pk and bosspole) for the infantry to be effective, and/or at least 6 bikes (also with a nob w/pk and bosspole).

5. Trukks/transports. It doesn't exactly fit the theme of your army, but it is always an option. Even a single transport can help with counter-assaulting, or at least tying up the enemy, until the rest of your boyz get there.

6. Long range fire. Lootas, boomguns, big guns, and more big shootas will all help keep the enemy at bay and distracted, as you make your approach.

Whew! Well, I ranted on for a bit, but that's what you really need: a powerklaw for the warboss, another rokkit for the sluggas, and units that will either help the boyz reach the enemy, help distract the enemy, or shoot the enemy to pieces from a distance.

Good luck!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive thought of a good option to add to my army which is to add zogwort 5 tankbustas w 1 tankhammer and nob w pk + 2 bomb squigs. then with the remaining 110 points give my warboss a pk and get 2 more kanzs in seperate squads w big shootas if i take away a big shoota from my boyz. i have checked and your right that my kanz is 40 pnts meaning i have an extra 5 pnts allowing me to field 2 kanz so this will be my 750 pnts army list and i have updated my 500 pnts list with another RL.

Warboss
power klaw = 115
cnk body
attack squig
eavy armour

Old Zogwort =145

Ork boyz x20
rocket launcherx2 =170
Nob w pk and bp

Ork boyz x21
big shootax2
nob w pk and bp =160

Buggy
twin-linked rocket launcher =35

Killer kan
big shoota =40

Killer kan
big shoota =40

Killer kan
big shoota =40

Total=751

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Sounds like a plan

The list looks good, but if you're going to use tankbustas, you're going to need to give them a transport. Tankbustas don't last long on foot, and their glory hogs rule can make them useless.

At the very least, they'd need a looted wagon. If you really don't want to use a transport, than I wouldn't use them at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts