Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I’m new and could use some help creating a 500pt army to fight a Necron army in 2 weeks. It’s just against my friend Bill who got me into the game; it’s actually a training game, so it’s not about the winning or losing.

This is all I own at the moment.
10 Crusaders
5 Neophytes
5 Assaulters
5 Sword Brethren
1 Chaplin

This is my current list for the match
Chaplin
Master of Sanctity
W/ Terminator Honors
Total points 125

9 Initiates
Rocket Launcher
Power Sword
Heavy Bolter
Krack + Frag Grenades
Total points 196

5 Neophytes
Total points 50

Total 371pts

Would I be better off with:
The Sword Brethren 1 with 2x lightening claws for 120pt and 8 points left over or
The Assaulters at 110pt and 18 points left over for grenades or melt bombs or whatever.

I’m new so please don’t say just go with the sword brethren or the assaulters with no explanation. I’m new to warhammer but not to gamming.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Well since you are going against Necrons, I'd probably go for the Sword Bretherin (They don't pop back up the Power Weapons in that Squad). Oh yeah, for one extra point, give your Chaplain a bolt pistol. 1 Point = 1 More CQC attack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DKnightJ said:
Well since you are going against Necrons, I'd probably go for the Sword Bretherin (They don't pop back up the Power Weapons in that Squad). Oh yeah, for one extra point, give your Chaplain a bolt pistol. 1 Point = 1 More CQC attack.
Ok, this is where I get confused. He's got a plasma pistol in his hand.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/blacktemplars/catalog/chaplains.htm
I got the chaplin all the way to the left. But just because he's got the plasma pistol I say it's a bolt pistol?

Thanks
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,050 Posts
then you convert him having a BP in his hands but otherwise you can say it´s a BP nobody will complain about it.
I would also consider giving your chaplin a jump pack and fly directly to the closest squad. he will be able to survive without the help of other squads. add the assault squad and he will have a hard time when you reach CC.

btw you can´t take a HB and a missile launcher in one and the same squad. I would advise giving them meltaguns or plasma guns. but no heavy weapons. you are way better in CC than you will be in shooting against necrons.

Also you can´t take the neophytes one there own. they need to be in a crusader squad and may not exceed the numbers of initiates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dicegod said:
then you convert him having a BP in his hands but otherwise you can say it´s a BP nobody will complain about it.
I would also consider giving your chaplin a jump pack and fly directly to the closest squad. he will be able to survive without the help of other squads. add the assault squad and he will have a hard time when you reach CC.

btw you can´t take a HB and a missile launcher in one and the same squad. I would advise giving them meltaguns or plasma guns. but no heavy weapons. you are way better in CC than you will be in shooting against necrons.

Also you can´t take the neophytes one there own. they need to be in a crusader squad and may not exceed the numbers of initiates.
Sorry, I never made that clear. The list is not how they will be deployed. I'll most likely have 2 squads of 7.

Thanks for the advice for the chaplin. I'll read up on it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
well yeah, that's the problem.
In Warhammer you have to state beforehand how your units are to be deployed, not which units you have.
So you cannot buy 10 Initiates and afterwards split them up.
You have to state the things beforehand.

I would go with the Assault Marines, and the chaplain with Jump Pack, with CC/specialweapon(meltagun) back-up of initiates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wulfbanes said:
well yeah, that's the problem.
In Warhammer you have to state beforehand how your units are to be deployed, not which units you have.
So you cannot buy 10 Initiates and afterwards split them up.
You have to state the things beforehand.

I would go with the Assault Marines, and the chaplain with Jump Pack, with CC/specialweapon(meltagun) back-up of initiates.

My bad. I get that I have to declare before the game, I ment I didn't declare for this list.

I'll revise my list and post it asap.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, here’s a revised list broken into squads.

Chaplin
Master of Sanctity
Bolt Pistol
Jump Pack
Terminator Honors
Points 146

Alpha Squad
5 Initiates
Power Sword/Bolt Pistol
4x BP + CCW

3 Neophytes
BP+ CCW
Points 120

Bravo Squad
5 Initiates – 4 w/Frag
Rocket Launcher
Melta Gun
3x Bolters
Points 104

Sword Brethren
4x BP + CCW
1x Two Lightening Claws
Points 130
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
No problem mate!
Well, onto the list:

The Chaplain looks nice, when you are to expand the army, I advise to get yourself an Assault Squad to put the lad in, but he is ok for now.

Squad Alpha = Great!

Squad Bravo = Great as well ^_^

Sworthbrethen looks great as well, I cannot say more than you did an excelent job.

However, I am not the Black Templar specialist here, but they are around, and one might say something enervating.

Greetings,
Wulfbanes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wulfbanes said:
No problem mate!
Well, onto the list:

The Chaplain looks nice, when you are to expand the army, I advise to get yourself an Assault Squad to put the lad in, but he is ok for now.

Squad Alpha = Great!

Squad Bravo = Great as well ^_^

Sworthbrethen looks great as well, I cannot say more than you did an excelent job.

However, I am not the Black Templar specialist here, but they are around, and one might say something enervating.

Greetings,
Wulfbanes

Thanks!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top