Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was trying to come up with a combat patrol list and was thinking an all infiltration list would be fun. Since we are pretty limited at these low point levels, even more so playing combat patrol heres what I came up with.

Troop: Rangers x 5

Elite: Striking Scorpions /w exarch (biting blade, shadow strike) x10

Heavy: War Walker (scatter laser, EML, stones) x 1

502pts

Basicly I would start the game infiltrating the rangers into a good position with a good field of vision- terrain permitting. Everything else would be outflanking, I took the walkers as seperate choices to minimize a bad outlfank roll, and with 4 units total coming in at different directions will hopefully keep my opponent off guard. Any suggestions? Id like to bump the rangers up to pathfinders but I dont see where else I could skimp on points.

Any other pointers would be great :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't know how combat patrol works but if the Walkers don't need to be somewhere fast, I don't think you need the spirit stones. If you get rid of them and change one of the War Walkers scatter lasers to an shuriken cannon, you should have the 25 points needed to upgrade the rangers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Combat patrol is just a small point skirmish type scenario- think its in the 4th ed book, and believe it got left out of the current edition. Anyway 400 or so points, think Ive seen it played as high as 750- 1 compulsory troop choice, and after that can take anything in the codex except anything with more than 2 wounds, no 2+ saves, and nothing with total armor value over 33 front / side / rear.

And as far as the spirit stones- yeah now that you mention it those aren't exactly must have - tho not sure what you meant about their speed- unless your thinking of vectored engines. So if I did that and swapped out a scatter laser for shuriken cannon that would put me at 502

I think I might give that a try- thanks :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
No problem - with the stones I meant that they can pretty much gaurantee your walkers moving in your next movement phase (unless they get immobilized or destroyed), so it can help if you need them to move often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.