Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my local GW getting back into a Warbands campaign in February I decided to make 2 separate lists so I can be a bit versatile in my approach. Anyone have any critics?

MAGIC WARBAND

Hero

*Night Goblin Shaman (145)
Lvl 2 / Doubling Doo-Dahs / Dispel Scroll

Special

*Orc Boar Chariot (80)

Core

*10 Orc Boyz (98)
Additional Weapon / Full Command

*10 Orc Big Uns (118)

*4 Goblin Wolf Riders (56)
Short Bows / Spears / Shields

= 497PTS
==========================================

NON MAGIC WARBAND

Hero

*Black Orc Big Boss (150)
Boar / Heavy Armor / Kumpas Club of Krumpin

Core

*12 Savage Orc Boyz (136)
Additional Weapon / Warpaint / Full Command

*10 Orc Boyz (98)

*8 Arrer Boyz (56)

*4 Goblin Wolf Riders (56)
Short Bows / Spears / Shields

= 496PTS

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
chariot in a 500 pt game? that's a bit much. in a 500pt game a gobo chariot is fine however i think an orc chariot is a little too much. in 500 pts you want to really get as much as you can, consider a pump wagon for 40 pts it can double its points easily vs any army. and if you drop your dispel scroll (you probably won't need it as your generating 3 dispel dice and that's enough for 500 pts) then you can add a gobo chariot also.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Your non-magic army should excel in CC, yet the units are small. It may be warbands, but if you cut back on the chariot (as mentioned above) and maybe drop the big un you should be able to bulk out your units a little more. your opponents will have trouble dealing with fully ranked units. Also, why isn't your general (non-magic) holding anything in his off-hand? You might as well get him something.

·
Registered
76 Posts
personally i think arrer boyz suck:(( . They never hit anything and because they're away from your black orc general they're probably going to fail their animosity test at least once. This means you miss a turn of shooting. Instead drop the arrer boys and instead spend the points on 35 on a bolt thrower( penetrates ranks and ignores armour saves and has a range of 48 inches) and spend the last 25 points on beefing up one of ur orc units!! this way your kill more with your ranged attacks and you'll have more guys in combat. but.... if your really attached to your arrer boys what i would do is split them up into units smaller than five so they're not affected by animosity.

·
Registered
76 Posts
King Alriks Bodyguard said:
Penetrates ranks is correct but....ignores armour saves......??? It certainly does not ignorer armour saves. It has a certain str (6 I think it is) and the armour save is modified according to that.
I just double checked the rulebook and on page 124 under its says that armour saves are ignored as the bolt is moving so fast it just autimatically pierces the armour THAT is why they're so much better than wimpy orc arrer boyz:yes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hmm sry about that. Thought it was just a regular bolt thrower, cuz then it would be as I just said. With a str 6 for the first rank then 5 for the next etc.
All bolt throwers ignore armour saves, not just spear chuckas

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeah. They do the rank penetrator, but, they also ALL ignore armour saves, even on back rank hits at STR 3.

Excluding Elf Balistae on repeater mode. But that doesn't follow the Bolt Thrower rules at all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hmm thats funny...its just that, IIRC, theres a diagram in the rulebook where its showned that the first soldier in gets a str 6 hit, and if it penetrates him the guy behind him gets a str 5 hit and so on.
Hmm oh well. Your probably right :)
The way bolt throwers work is first you chose a target within range. Next you see if you hit the target. The first hit is resolved at strength 6 with no armour saves. If you wound they take d3 wounds, and you penetrate to the next rank. That next hit is resolved at strength five with no armour saves and if you wound you penetrate again and the next hit is strength 4. You repeat the process untill you fail to wound.:yes:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hes got it. The diagram is right, because S is reduced with each rank penetrated. But in addition to that, armour saves are always ignored, which incidentally makes a bolt in the flank quite unpleasant for heavy cavalry.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
okay both lists are illegal anyway as the nin unit size fer gobbo riders is 5 and ur non list ses a black ork which is illegal as he uses up 2 heroes and ur only allowed one also the wolfies are in violation again and i think maybe the arrer boyz as well but i'm not sure on them i know a standard ork unit is 10 but arrer boyz may be fewer

·
Registered
657 Posts
okay both lists are illegal anyway as the nin unit size fer gobbo riders is 5 and ur non list ses a black ork which is illegal as he uses up 2 heroes and ur only allowed one also the wolfies are in violation again and i think maybe the arrer boyz as well but i'm not sure on them i know a standard ork unit is 10 but arrer boyz may be fewer
I think you need to take a look at warband rules. Minimum unit size all cavalry = 2. Minimum Unit size all infantry = 3. Max hero choices -200 points = 1, max hero choices 200-500 points = 2.

And try to use punctuation, it's a rule that should really be followed, it's unpleasant otherwise.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
warband rules are used for 200-400 points fer 500 pointers the coldsteel rules are the ones usally used but sorry mayhap it is different over there.

'to khornelord' la la la not listening

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
cold steel not core completely different it is kinda fantasy's version of 40k in 40 mins and is played at 500 points standard rules however only allowed one heroe can't be battle standard no single model exceding 125 points only one choice of rare or special not both etc..

·
Registered
76 Posts
look he saying he's using the rules for warband not cold steel. Did he say he was making an army using cold steel rules? No! So that means he's following warband rules, which means he's made LEGAL!! warband armies. So please... bequiet, go hide in a hole, and drop it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
look he saying he's using the rules for warband not cold steel. Did he say he was making an army using cold steel rules? No! So that means he's following warband rules, which means he's made LEGAL!! warband armies. So please... bequiet, go hide in a hole, and drop it.
Awesome.

Anyways, he couldn't be using Cold Steel, he said Warband. Let's forget about your slight, though, and get back to army list comentary?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
ya backoff i've never seen nor heard of these so called warband rules over here a warband is the name given to an army taken in cold steel so sorry and to the almighty GIT i think ur name ses it all

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.