Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, here goes nothing. I haven't played Warhammer 40k in eight years and I've glanced over the new Ork book to come up with this. I know nothing of Orks, so be gentle.

10 Ork Boyz
-Trukk
-Warboss (Mega Armor, Power Klaw, twin-linked shoota)

10 Ork Boyz
-Trukk

10 Ork Boyz

6 Lootas

2 Kannon
2 Kannon

The plan is to have the kannons and lootas sit back and cover the trukks and shoot stuff up with the 10 boys without a truck hanging back and making sure they go unmolested. The two trukks speed up the flank and engage in melee with the warboss.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Great start Riot. Glad to see your back with the Orks! :)

My recommendation for your list is to focus on the trukks if you're going to build a speed freaks list. The 10 boys on foot will not only be lagging too far behind to have an impact on the fight. But, they'll also probably get shot to pieces without being maxed out at 30 boys. I'd drop them and buff out the one trukk squad, maybe adding a PK w/bosspole + PK.

The warboss if you have the points i'd add at least a bosspole. But you can kit him out as you please.

With any leftover points i'd see if you could either add more lootas or maybe throw in some buggies for rokkits. Overall great building block to expand upon!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a ton for the inspiration and comments. I agree with about all you said and revised my list to the following.

10 Ork Boyz
-Trukk
-Warboss (MA, PK, TL shoota)

10 Ork Boyz
-Trukk
-Boss Nob (BP)

5 Lootas

2 Deffkoptas

2 Kannon
2 Kannon
-additional crew x1

I turned the useless ten man squad into two deffkoptas. It was tough to choose between them and the buggies. In the end I decided I liked the idea of scout better than outflank. Buggies are still tempting though just because they are cheaper and I could get more additional crew or another boss nob or big pole. Does my squad with the warboss need those things even though he is with them? How important are boss poles? Also, I kept the big shootas on the koptas because I already have 4 kannons. Is there any reason that is a bad idea and that I should grab rokkit launchas instead?

Then I got rid of a single Loota to get a boss nob and boss pole on my second set of boyz and with the spare 3 got an extra crew just because I didn't know how else to spend 3 points. Oh, and are all those upgrades on the Warboss worth it or could I put those points to better use?

And a few more questions if you don't mind. What is a snap shot and when would I have to use it? What is the big deal about deff rollas? And if I had shoota boys in a trukk or battlewagon could they shoot out and could they shoot out say a big shoota while on the move? Thanks in advance! I'm new and have a lot of questions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 suggestion: drop the nob and pick up a big mek with a kff and pk, maybe swap deffkoptas for a trucks to pay for it. It will give your truck a 5+invul and make it a bit more survivable. Plus, he can repair hull points and damage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks a ton for the inspiration and comments. I agree with about all you said and revised my list to the following.

10 Ork Boyz
-Trukk

10 Ork Boyz
-Trukk
-Boss Nob (BP)

5 Lootas

2 Deffkoptas

2 Kannon
2 Kannon
-additional crew x1

I turned the useless ten man squad into two deffkoptas. It was tough to choose between them and the buggies. In the end I decided I liked the idea of scout better than outflank. Buggies are still tempting though just because they are cheaper and I could get more additional crew or another boss nob or big pole. Does my squad with the warboss need those things even though he is with them? How important are boss poles? Also, I kept the big shootas on the koptas because I already have 4 kannons. Is there any reason that is a bad idea and that I should grab rokkit launchas instead?

Then I got rid of a single Loota to get a boss nob and boss pole on my second set of boyz and with the spare 3 got an extra crew just because I didn't know how else to spend 3 points. Oh, and are all those upgrades on the Warboss worth it or could I put those points to better use?

And a few more questions if you don't mind. What is a snap shot and when would I have to use it? What is the big deal about deff rollas? And if I had shoota boys in a trukk or battlewagon could they shoot out and could they shoot out say a big shoota while on the move? Thanks in advance! I'm new and have a lot of questions.
I'm new to Orks as well, and I really like this list. Just one question though, and maybe it's silly, but Kannon, is that the Mek Gunz in the Codex?

Also, what ammo do you use in the Kannons? Anti-Tank, or Frag?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm new to Orks as well, and I really like this list. Just one question though, and maybe it's silly, but Kannon, is that the Mek Gunz in the Codex?

Also, what ammo do you use in the Kannons? Anti-Tank, or Frag?
So, I got

10 Ork Boyz
-Trukk

10 Ork Boyz
-Trukk
-Boss Nob

5 Lootas

2 Deffkoptas

2 Kannon
2 Kannon

Comes to 498 points.
Am I doing something wrong? How did you manage to fit a Bosspole on the Nob and the extra Grot on the cannon?
I'm also wondering if it's worth tweaking some things, to get Ammo Grots for the Kannons? Maybe replace the Mega Armor on the Warboss, with Eavy Armor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts